Lacking that go get em’ gusto to hit the gym? It’s that time of year when New Year’s resolutions become stale and willpower caves to temptation. Don’t give up just yet…here are a few pick me ups to help you stay motivated.
1. Make a date! It’s a lot harder to flake on a gym buddy or personal trainer when you’ve already made plans to meet them. You’re more accountable for your actions when it affects others.
2. We all like a pat on the back or high five every now and again right?! A little recognition and positive reinforcement keeps us right on track. Don’t be afraid to reward yourself for your diligent efforts! Take time out to relax achy muscles and soak in a long bubble bath. Schedule a monthly massage or a mani/pedi session, after all …you deserve it!
3. Keep your goal in sight, literally! Set your wallpaper on your cell phone with that perfect little black dress you’ve been lusting over or an itsy bitsy polka dot bikini that would be fabulous for your vacay.
4. Don’t set yourself up for failure. If you know you have a tendency to brush off the gym after a full day at the office, mix up your schedule. Go to bed an hour earlier and hit the gym before work. You’ll be energized and ready to tackle the rest of your day!
5. Fuel your engine. Eat a healthy snack before the gym and your body will be revved to go! We recommend a banana, a handful of almonds, or a cup of carrot juice!
Do you have a tip that keeps your body moving? We’d love to know! Share your comments on our Facebook page.
Did you hear? We are giving away 5 Juice Beauty Green Apple Peels every week for 3 weeks! Enter to win now. Event ends 3/14/11.