Everyone is looking to protect their skin from harmful UV rays that can damage the skin and cause premature aging and skin cancer. But who has the time to slather on creams and lotions? We need something quick and easy on-the-go for our face and body without a greasy residue that can be used on all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Supergoop has the answer for you! Supergoop SPF 30 Sunscreen Wipes with Zinc for Sensitive Skin now offer you an alternative. These handy wipes are pre moistened and formulated to calm and soothe your skin, protect from UV rays and are also water resistant and paraben free!
Each pack contains 40 wipes and is the perfect addition to any sports bag for the on the go lifestyle!
Do you have a favorite sunscreen wipe or swipe?! We love anything as convenient as this and know you do too! Share with us in the comments below!
Remember to enter into our giveaway on our Facebook!!!
The hot summer months are upon us and it’s time to think sun screen. With sun damage being the number one cause of aging skin, sunscreen is the best and easiest way to protect and preserve a youthful appearance.
Purlisse Pur~Protect SPF 30 not only protects your skin from damaging UVA/UVB rays, but it’s also an anti aging moisturizer. This 2 in 1 light weight moisturizer has a unique combination of peptides, Vitamin E, Soy Proteins, White Tea, and Blue Lotus. The powerful antioxidant complex stimulates vascular growth, increases smoothness and firms the skin.
Best of all, you won’t feel like you’re wearing a sunscreen! It has a non-greasy and non-whitening formula, which allows for perfect application under makeup and is great for all skin tones and types. It’s continually a SkinStore staff favorite. Don’t leave home without it this summer!
The days of greasy, chalky sunscreen are over. Sunscreen formulations are becoming much more elegant, and NIA24 (the sun damage correction & prevention expert) has once again stepped up to the plate with an innovative and impressive sunscreen product. You may be familiar with the renown NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30, a physical sunscreen that helps to correct and prevent sun damage while supplying the skin with Pro-Niacin, a skin-strengthening compound. And now we want to introduce you to NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention Mineral Sunscreen’s big brother! NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention UVA/UVB Sunscreen SPF30 is here just in time for the sunny months.
NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention UVA/UVB Sunscreen SPF30/PA+++ contains a blend of active sunscreens that help to protect the skin from UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays. This special SPF blend has a rating of PA+++, which stands for the protection grade of a sun protection factor (SPF) product. While most SPF products receive a rating of PA+, NIA24 receives a rating of PA+++, the highest grade of defense against aging rays.
This advanced, super-absorbent formula contains Pro-Niacin which is clinically shown to improve skin tone, texture, and reduce hyper pigmentation caused by previous sun damage. It also contains ceramides, which promote vibrancy, and mango butter which nourishes the skin. Although this product is power-packed with a lot of ingredients it absorbs very quickly and doesn’t ever leave your skin feeling greasy or looking shiny. And because this formula is made to be sheer you can rest assured that you’ll never have a white residue left behind. NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention UVA/UVB Sunscreen SPF30/PA+++ works great for all skin types, is oil-free, non-comedogenic and is dermatologist recommended!
This elegant product provides your skin with superb protection without feeling medicinal or smelling like your grandma’s sunscreen. Now you’ve really got no excuses to expose your delicate skin to the sun’s harmful rays.
Do you have a favorite sunscreen product? Share with us!
And don’t forget to enter into our GIVEAWAY!!! See details on Facebook!
Entering our 30’s we hear that these are the best times of our lives. We are given the opportunity to have careers, babies, or travel the world. But what does this mean for our skin, and how do we know if we are making the right choices for our new age and concerns?
Most of us have been warned about the dangers of the sun because our parents told us to wear sunscreen and not use foil and baby oil, so we are hoping to look better than our mothers and fathers. The question is how do we keep looking young? Advancements in skin care have come a long way in just the past 5-10 years, and all these tricks and potions are at our fingertips just waiting to be explored. To make it easy, here are the top things you need for your 30’s when it comes to your skin.
1. Wear your sunscreen: Yes we know this, but let’s really practice what we preach ladies and gentlemen. Skin cancer is the leading type of cancer right now, and we can help prevent it by just covering up and wearing a sunscreen. An SPF of at least a 30 is suggested. Due to variations in formulations there are sunscreens that are oil free, hydrating, and even great for you sensitive skin types. There are no exceptions on this one, wear your sunscreen please! We like La Roche Posay sunscreens and so do our customers.
2. Take your vitamins: They don’t look like cartoon characters at this age, but they can make us look and feel young well into our 40’s and beyond. Vitamins A, C, E are essential for healthy skin, strong immune systems, and overall wellness. Also, please wear your vitamins. Get a great antioxidant serum, this will protect your skin against further damage and help to correct unsightly sun damage. Retin-A is said to be one of the most powerful products in helping to promote collagen production and cell turnover. This is essential because collagen levels have already started to deplete by the age of 30.
3. Use an eye cream: At the age of 30 we start seeing the first signs of aging right before our very eyes, or under our eyes I should say. Those beautiful browns or beaming blues and greens can continue to remain as the center of attention with a little help from a great eye cream. A serum formulation for day will help tighten and provide that wide awake look. A slightly more hydrating cream formula for use in the PM, will help hydrate and regenerate the delicate tissue under the eye. A great eye cream for that is the Arcona Eye Wrinkle Repair.
4. Try alpha hydroxy acids: AHA’s are very anti-aging because they help to smooth lines, even out skin tone, and give your skin a nice healthy glow. AHA’s will also help to promote cell turnover by exfoliating your skin and should be incorporated into your weekly regimen. SkinCeuticals C+AHA is an excellent choice because it provides 15% L-Ascorbic Acid and 10% alpha hydroxyl acid. Antioxidants and exfoliation all in one product make this a great multi tasking necessity.
5. Tools for success: These include the Clarisonic, Baby Quasar, Nuface or the Wellbox device. Tools will help boost the benefits of any skin care regimen you are currently using. They will help to exfoliate, repair, tighten, and rejuvenate the skin. They save time and money because you can treat your skin in the privacy of your home for a fraction of the cost when compared to the doctor’s office or medispa.
The most important thing to remember is to do your research, but don’t believe everything you read. Be educated about what to expect, but don’t make your self crazy. A lot of consumers tend to overdo it and can cause damage to their skin. The trick is balance, education, and prevention.
Goodbye 20’s… Hello to the fabulous 30’s!
Like this blog and share it with your friends on Facebook! Or leave us a comment, questions, or feedback – if you have a question, one of our estheticians will respond to you directly when you supply your email address in your response, remember, email addresses are not posted with your comment.
A friend and I recently brought our Basset Hounds to a 4th of July parade where a local Basset rescue participates every year in the parade. There were over 100 of the short, floppy eared irresistible pooches. Some on leashes, some on floats, some on wagons… some even sporting costumes! It was a howl to see that many hounds waddle down the street!
The weather however turned out to be much warmer than anticipated. Instead of the usual coastal 70’s with a cool breeze, we were hit with 90 plus degree weather! Halfway down the parade route most of our dogs flopped down in the middle of the road in a shaded grove. Needless to say the parade stopped for about 10 minutes!
As I’m sure you’ve all read in our many postings about taking care of your skin and protecting yourself from sun exposure and heat; our pets, namely dogs and cats, don’t have the capability to cool off by sweating. If you take your pet out for a family event make sure you bring food and water. Bring an umbrella or choose a shaded area. When dogs and cats need to cool off they pant. The hotter they get the faster they pant. Providing shade and cool water for them to drink can help alleviate the stress and danger of overheating.
Of course NEVER leave your pet unattended inside a parked car during summer heat. Cars can quickly turn into saunas. Even in mild weather a car with it’s windows up, or even slightly cracked can heat well above 90 degrees or more and your pet can get heat exhaustion, heat stroke or worse within minutes!
During our summer heat waves make sure you and your pet drink plenty of water. Limit your sun exposure. A dip in the pool, fountains, or sprinklers will all help to release some of that body heat. If you decide to let your dog swim with you keep in mind not all dogs do well in water. Never leave your dog unattended near a pool, pond or lake. Remember to put your sunscreen on at least 30 minutes before going outdoors and reapply every 90 minutes. Dogs with lighter colored coats or pale pink skin need sun protection too! Noses, bellies and inside the ears are particularly vulnerable. Contact your local veterinarian or pet store for suggestions on what types of sunscreens are safe for your pet.
Why is it that men are commonly referred to as “distinguished” when they have salt and pepper hair, yet women don’t receive the same props? The locks of silver haired male icons Richard Gere, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery drip sex appeal, though they are well on their way to over the hill. Is it a societal norm instilled through the media or is there a genetic factor that contributes to this phenomenon?
Society may influence our perceptions of male and female beauty, but science has a lot to do with it! Men’s skin is thicker than women’s because of male hormones i.e. testosterone. Consequently, women are more susceptible to damaging UV rays because their skin is much thinner than men’s. This is why men generally have fewer wrinkles than women, which in turn keeps their skin looking younger.
As women enter the big M, the lack of estrogen depletes the skin of collagen and elastin, making the skin vulnerable and less resilient. Men’s skin also thins as they age, but at a much slower rate, roughly 1% per year. Women’s skin is much more likely to suffer from hyperpigmentation and rough texture because of an increased sensitivity to sun damage. Whereas men are less susceptible to damaging UV rays because their thicker skin acts as a shield to the sun. Sun damage accounts for roughly 80 percent of the aging process to the skin. As always (women especially) don’t forgot the sun block! We like La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Melt In Sunscreen Milk and SkinCeuticals Physical UV Defense SPF 30. For oily skin types we suggest La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid.
Many other factors also contribute to the aging process such as smoking, alcohol consumption, exercise, diet and genetics. Living a clean and healthy lifestyle will help you age gracefully into your golden years.