A natural healthy glow is always in! While you can enhance your complexion with color, you should not cross over the fine line between fake and natural looking. Here is a super quick way to fake a natural glow. Start with a clean face, moisturized face. Apply a tinted moisturizer a shade darker than your natural skin tone, this will give you a sun kissed look. Make sure you apply the tint all over the face and down to the décolleté area. An example product which would be perfect is the Dream Tint Moisture Tint SPF 15 by Jane Iredale. To stay with a natural appearance, use a cream blush on the apples of the cheeks or on the top area of your cheek bones and blend. At this point, your skin tone should appear dewy or glowing with a touch of a natural blushing effect. Stila makes great convertible cream colors for use on the cheeks and lip, we love the Gerbera shade! To top off your natural glow and glam up just a tiny bit, apply some mascara either in brown for lighter toned skin or in black for darker toned skin. Your result will be enhanced and naturally beautiful facial features!
Make sure to enter into our Giveaway! See our Facebook page for details!
When you look exhausted, there’s no way around it, it shows. Whether you are up all night with the kiddos or dancing until the sun comes up, dark circles and bags under your eyes are unavoidable. Here are a few tricks I’ve found that will keep you looking fresh and well rested to tackle your day.
1. Scrub a dub dub- Your skin regenerates at night, but when you don’t give it any down time it’s not able to whisk away dead skin cells as a part of its natural repair process. Give your skin a helping hand by scrubbing away those pesky, lack luster cells that leave your skin dull and shall we say…blah.
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate- Dehydrated skin accentuates fine lines and makes skin look older than it really is. Moisturizer helps to replenish hydration levels in the skin revealing a plump, supple youthful complexion. 3. Can’t fix it, then hide it! Simply conceal your late night rendezvous. Dab concealer under your eyes and on eyelids to even out darkness. Ta-da you’re instantly refreshed!
4. A flush of color on the cheeks imparts a healthy glow. Although you may feel drained, you don’t have to look it! A few strokes of a bright colored blush gives radiance to the skin.
5. Can you barely keep your eyes open? Stop from nodding out at your desk by simply curling your lashes. You’ll look bright eyed and bushy tailed for your 8 a.m. company update meeting.
Remember ladies, nothing replaces the benefits of a full night’s beauty sleep. Hopefully, you can catch up on your zzzz’s tonight!
Do you know any tricks to help you appear well rested? We’d love to here your tips on our Facebook page!
Wanna win a customized 5-product regimen from NIA24? Don’t miss out on our latest giveaway. Enter now!
We’ve all heard the term “less is more” however there is a very fine line to what works on each side of the fence. Typically for your day look you’d stay on the lighter side of things while at night you’d be more drawn towards a darker look. While that may be a general rule of thumb in makeup application, you might need to think twice.
It’s often said that “With age, comes beauty”. I believe that it is quite true especially when it comes to appearance. There’s a certain grace about a woman. Certain colors or makeup in general can actually age your appearance and create facial faults. Here are some guidelines to make sure your application is radiant and doesn’t dull your shine:
• Steer clear of harsh dark eye makeup – Dark colors can sometimes add shadows around the eye area, making you appear tired. If you use a darker shade in your crease it should be blended out until it only creates a contour/ slight shadow.
• Stick with complimentary colors to your eye color, skin, and hair colors. Mostly that includes neutrals, plums, or olives. Shades of blue are few and far between that have to be matched perfectly!
• For overall face color, think radiance. Opt for blushes and lip colors in shades of peach/pink with gold hues. Corals are the most universal colors for skin shades and age. Steer clear of orange, reds, and sometimes browns which can make the skin appear muddy.
• Steer clear of thick cakey makeup as it sets into your imperfections, pores, and wrinkles making them more obvious. If you can, try using only a tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation. They tend to blend easier onto the skin and are more lightweight then creams or powders.
• While higher pigmented makeup is usually better quality, don’t overdo application. Too much color draws unwanted attention to only the areas applied. The look you want is even and smooth.
• In conclusion, you want to accentuate your natural features/ beauty. Pick only one feature as your focus and make sure the rest easily blends into that feature. Your ending result should be youthful and classy!
What are your favorite make-up looks, tips and tricks? We’d love to know! Comment or share with us on Facebook!
Have you entered our latest giveaway? You could win a 5-product regimen from NIA24! Enter now!
Have you tried every mascara on the market yet you’re still disappointed? Nearly all mascaras claim to be non-clumping, water resistant and flake free, but their track record proves otherwise. Whether you purchase the item from a drugstore or department store, you’re left with the same lackluster result.
It’s time to try something totally different, something TUBULAR! Blinc Mascara is an innovative product that forms tiny water resistant tubes around your lashes rather than coating them with traditional paint-like mascara. Envision lacquer shrink-wrapping to the lash creating length and volume while giving 360 degree coverage around each lash. The result is stunning! Even one with the oiliest of eyelids or women that live in extremely humid climates can be worry free of smudging. You’re left with clump free, water resistant, flake free lashes.
It’s also great for sensitive eyes and contact wearers. For best results apply Blinc on clean, dry lashes. Blinc mascara lasts all day at work, stays put through a vigorous workout and even a full night’s sleep. During application you have a minute and a half to build the volume and length of your lashes to your liking. Once it sets, the tubes clamp onto your lashes for ultimate hold.
When it’s time for removal, no eye makeup remover is required. Water and gentle pressure safely slides the tubes off of your lashes. You’re left with no messy residue that can lead to clogged pores and lashes falling out. Blinc mascara comes in six colors: black, dark brown, medium brown, purple, dark green, and blue.
If you’re anything like most girls (including myself) then your make-up bag carries everything and more. I swear, I need a dozen lip glosses, 600 bobby pins and 3 packs of floss with me at ALL TIMES!
Who are we kidding though?! Nobody needs that much stuff on the go! And since it’s a new year, let’s overhaul our make-up bags and (literally) lighten the burden that’s hanging on our shoulders.
Here are your make-up bag staples that you should carry with you:
1. Powder compact– an essential for touching up mid-day OR using a heavier application in case you had to rush out the door and had no time for foundation.
2. Convertible lip-cheek-eye color. One product that can do your entire face and is completely fool-proof when it comes to color matching. Stila Convertible Color – Rose is a great choice.
3. Lip balm and a lip gloss. Keep a lip balm with you at all times-preferably one that has SPF in it. It’ll keep your lips hydrated and protected from the sun’s harmful rays. Lip gloss always makes you feel glam, even when you’ve got no other make-up on… so pick a neutral, flattering shade that’ll go with everything. bareMinerals 100 Percent Natural Lipgloss – 7 Layer Cake is my favorite.
4. If you wear eyeliner– then you may want to keep one with you in case of touch-ups. Most liners don’t smudge but if you had a laugh-til-you-cry lunch break you may need to re-apply so you don’t look like a raccoon for the rest of the day! Ditto on the mascara. 5. Blotting papers. ‘Nuff said. Most of us (even those with dry skin types) have a bit of any oil breakthrough by mid-day. Sop it up with and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets, and your make-up will look super fresh again!
6. Hand sanitizer & hand cream– to keep your hands germ-free and super soft! Hand cream can also double as a hair product if your strands frizz up or get unruly.
7. And essential essentials, of course! Hairpins (just a few- in case you want to re-style your do or clip away pesky wisps of hair), hair ties (if you have long hair then these are a godsend), Cotton swabs (for cleaning up eye make-up if it gets smudgy), floss (in case you have food stuck in your teeth after lunch), gum/mints (for good breath, duh), and a nail file (in case you snag a nail).
Of course, everyone’s make-up essentials may vary but many girls agree that the above products are true life-savers on the go. In addition to the above items I also like to keep a travel toothpaste & toothbrush for post-lunch brushing, a hair brush to keep my hair smooth and tangle-free, a pack of tissues, and eye drops (a must since I wear contacts).
What is your make-up bag? Tell us… do you travel light, or bring the train case with you?
Long, dark, full lashes are on the wish list of most women, and achieving that look is easier than ever with Fusion Beauty! LashFusionXL is a mascara formula that is creamy, rich and has much more to offer than a typical mascara.
The wand holds a large non-clumping brush that coats every single lash to ensure a sexy, dramatic look with only one application. The specialized formula is set in a time released method that allows the stimulating proteins and protective keratin to nourish the lashes while amplifying the length and adding strength. This mascara also contains natural emollients to keep the lashes from becoming brittle and dry and giving you more beautiful, youthful lashes even after you take it off. Now you’re on your way to va-va voom lashes!
Have you entered our latest giveaway? You could win skincare treasures from Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare! Enter now!
11.4 million viewers tuned in to watch the 2010 VMA’s on September 12th, myself included. I was glued to my TV drooling all over myself as I watched all the gorgeous celebrities strut their stuff up and down the “white” carpet. Some stunning and some…. well shocking… cough cough (Lady Gaga!) cough. Gotta’ love her though! There was one person in particular that stood out to me, Ashley Greene. Beauty just radiated from her that night, therefore, inspiring this celebrity tutorial.
Next, apply a soft sliver shadow all over the rest of the lid
Apply your deep navy color along the lash line and in the outer corners of you lid. Then continue to carry the shadow into the natural crease of your eye to add definition, Stila Eye Shadow in Azure is a great color for this step.
On the inner corners on your eyes, apply a shimmering neutral Gray and blend into the crease.
Now for the eyeliner. Ashley has a dark, thick and slightly smoky liner, use one that smudges easy to create that sexy smoky look. bareMinerals Big and Bright Eyeliner Pencil Black works perfectly for this step. Apply the liner in and above the lash line, make sure to get in the water line on both the upper and lower lid and in between your lashes really well.
Smudge the bottom liner to soften the look and then go over the bottom with the soft sliver shadow and in the inner corners to add highlight.
Her brows are kept natural and understated as in to not upstage her eyes. To keep it soft, use a buildable powder for the brows. This way you’re able to gauge how little or how much to use. Billion Dollar Brows Brow Babe Kit comes with everything a brow queen would need.
Keeping with the theme of her brows, her cheeks have just a healthy, natural hint to them. bareMinerals Blush in Dusk is great for this job. Apply on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upward to the temple.
And last but not least the lips! To stay with consistency, the lip color follows suit with the rest of the supporting roles. Natural, nude, soft hint of subtle rose, Too Faced Lip of Luxury in Celebrity Meltdown is perfect for this part.
Like this blog and share it with your friends on Facebook! Or leave us a comment, questions, or feedback – if you have a question, one of our estheticians will respond to you directly when you supply your email address in your response, remember, email addresses are not posted with your comment.
During the week my worst fear, I repeat my WORST fear, is that my alarm will not go off when it’s time for me to wake up, causing me to have a melt down and then leaving me only 15 minutes until I have to leave for work. Agghhh just thinking about it is stressing me out! So in preparation I have practiced a 5 Minute Face that I’ll be able to do in dire situations such as waking up late or in “emergency” circumstances. Emergency, as in the Nordstrom’s half yearly sale is ending or “The Situation” is currently at the pool letting girls touch his abs- Hello!! Whatever it may be, you’ve got to be primped and prepared.
1st Step – Apply your base (1 minute)
I suggest a tinted moisturizer. In my option tinted moisturizer goes on better with your fingers in the same motion you would apply a typical face moisturizer. Foundations apply better with a brush, but you don’t have time to mess around with that today. Stila Sheer Tinted Mositurizer is great.
2nd Step – Conceal (1 minute and 30 seconds)
Apply your concealer under your eye area to cover any dark circles. Apply in a sweeping fan motion from the inside corner or the eye to the outside corner. Then dab with your ring finger to hide any lines or wrinkles. Also apply all over the lid to conceal any discoloration. Take the last 30 seconds to cover any blemishes or red areas on the face. Try Dermablend Quick Fix.
3rd Step – Set with a powder (30 seconds)
Take your powder and quickly apply only in your T-zone to absorb any oil in one swift sweep around your face. That’s it!
4th Step – Shadow, liner, mascara (2 minutes)
Use a shadow that is highlighting and illuminating all over the lid. I love Stila Eye Shadow Pan – Moonlight for this job. This step should take only 30 seconds.
Next, apply a teal or purple liner only in your waterline. Using a colored liner is a very easy way to jazz up your look when you don’t have the time to apply color on your lids. This step should take between 30 – 45 seconds. Also, applying within the water line is super easy since you’re just filling in empty space. No need (and no time!) to perfect a straight line with lining on top of the lid. If I have the few seconds to spare I will also take my liner brush and smudge the liner in between my lashes to create a darker depth to my lashes.
5th Step – Blush and gloss (1 minute)
Lastly, do your cheesiest smile and apply your blush to the apples of your cheeks and use a highlighter on you check bones or a bronzer in the appropriate places. Take 15 seconds of the apples and 15 seconds for the highlighter/bronzer. The final 30 seconds is for your gloss, apply and go girl!
Is your face round like Kirsten Dunst’s? Or is it heart shaped like Reese Witherspoon’s? Perhaps it’s square like Jennifer Garner’s. Or maybe it’s oval like Jessica Alba’s. Whatever your face shape may be, there’s a way of balancing to bring out your best, and diffuse your worst. Here are some great make-up tips to suit your shape:
Round shaped: If your face is literally round- with a balance of width between the jawbone and brow bone, and a little roundness to the cheeks, give your face depth, definition and contour by way of bronzer. Swirl a bushy brush in some bronzer (we like NUXE Poudre Eclat Prodigieux Multi-Usage Compact Bronzing Powder) and draw a ‘3’ on both sides of your face; starting the top of the 3 at the corner of your forehead, pulling the 3 through to the cheekbone and ending the 3 at the jaw. A smoky eye in shimmery brown or grey will bring out your most sparkly feature and give your face even more depth and definition.
Heart shaped: If you have a razor sharp chin and prominent cheekbones draw attention away with a soft pink cheek (bareMinerals Blush – Giddy Pink is lovely), and a pop of color on the lips (red is exquisite, plum is sultry, pink is cheerful- what’s your favorite?). Also, draw attention to the eyes with bronze and gray shades- but don’t give the eye too much structure with liner, instead use soft shadows and a smidgen of mascara to make the eyes really pop.
Square shaped: You’ve got structure all over- it seems that square shaped faces usually come paired with a strong nose too. Use sheer washes of color to soften the linear look- shimmery shades make the skin look flawless, luminous and ethereal. Build buxom lashes and draw the attention to your gorgeous eyes. We love Too Faced Lash Injection in Pitch Black for crazy lengths and volume.
Oval shaped: Oval beauties have soft angles, and are elongated at the sides. To help cut down the length of your face use bronzer and brush to paint a bit of a horizon across your cheeks; this will bring out the width of the face. We love new Philosophy The Supernatural You Make Me Blush Hugs Kisses Powder Duo. Oval shapes also do really well with the cat-eye look because it virtually extends the width of the face. Use black eyeliner or a stiff shadow brush to fan out smoky shadow at the corner of the eye. Meow!
What’s your face shape and have these tips helped you? Leave us a comment below.
Here at SkinStore, we believe knowledge is key when it comes to skincare and beauty! That’s why we have created Product Talk, an interactive Q&A feature for our customers. It’s a powerful, yet simple tool!
Here’s how it works: While on SkinStore, find a product that you would like to learn more about. Click the “Product Talk” tab under the product photo to access the tool. To ask a question, click the “Ask a New Question” button. To answer, click the question to open it, and click the “Answer this Question” button. You can even also vote for the best answers to questions. It’s your community.
Now is your chance to help us build the beauty community and to be a voice! We pulled a few unanswered questions from community members who would love to hear about your beauty experience and get your feedback on some products that you may have already tried. We encourage you to share your knowledge and experience. Click on the questions below to answer them (you may be asked to log in or register).
Click on the questions below to answer them.
UPDATE: (8/31) These questions have been answered! Thanks to CindyS, Jofab and jd584 for sharing your answers.