I know you probably have a million things in your makeup case. But do you have an eyeshadow primer? If the answer is no, then we strongly suggest that you get one! Why? Because if you have 600 different shadows and pigments in your makeup collection but don’t have a primer then chances are those eyeshadows are not living their ‘lives’ to the fullest.
An eyeshadow primer will set your eyeshadow and allow for pigments to become much more saturated and visible on the lid, therefore you’ll need less shadow, therefore… you’ll spend less time and less effort packing on the color! And what’s more; an eyeshadow primer will prevent creasing and fading through the day AND it’ll help to conceal any initial redness or veins on your lids- so you can skip the concealer!
Our favorite (and best selling- seriously sells like hot cakes) is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Check out this video for more info on our choice:
2012 is here and many of us are looking for a fresh new start! Stila Dream in Full Color Palette is the perfect eye shadow and blush palette to get your new look rolling! This all-inclusive palette has everything you need to create limitless looks all year long. With 29 of Stila’s best selling eye shadows, 7 blushes, a Stingray smudge stick and 12 page look book your surely be inspired! Whether you’re looking for the perfect smokey eye for a fun night out or an office friendly day look this palette has got you covered.
Today there are a number of pricy lash enhancers on the market, but few can compare on price, versatility and fun against the Line n Grow Lash Lengthening Tinted Eyeliner. The Line n Grow product line at SkinStore.com has beautiful color offering such as Midnight Blue, Eggplant, Olive and even Clear for use at night.
To use the colored daytime formulas apply the Line n Grow to your lash line as you would any other eye liner then apply your other makeup as you normally would once the Line n Grow dries. The results from this all natural non-toxic eyelash enhancer are a noticeable improved appearance of your otherwise damaged or short lashes. Your lashes will look healthier and you will feel better about this paraben free, mineral oil free, certified vegan product. In addition, this product is also cruelty free!
To find out all of the benefits of the Line n Grow line, check it out at SkinStore.com!
Don’t forget to enter into the SkinStore.com Giveaway! See our Facebook page for details!
Do you ever have days that you’re just feeling dull or down? We all do but there is a quick fix to solve your beauty blues… bright and peachy makeup! A little dab of this here and a dab of that there. Here are some saviors to any down days and ways to feel radiant.
They say the windows of the soul are the eyes. Why not give attention to those beauties and make them stand out. We want bright and glowing! Color that screams we feel alive and are full of sunshine. Peach Sherbet for lighter skin tones or Supernova for darker skin tones from the Jane Iredale eye shadow collection are great choices. For a more universal shade, I suggest Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten. Depending on how vibrant you want the color you can blend out until you reach your desired color.
Retro makeup looks are in full swing. The cat eye is at the pinnacle of this major trend. This is a gorgeous, fun, and flirty look that is complimentary on every eye and face shape. Achieving it however can be slightly challenging so here are a few sure-fire tips to get the cat eye you desire all on your own.
First you need a quick drying liquid liner pen. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner is ideal for this look as it dries in seconds and doesn’t flake or crack. (If you choose to wear false lashes this eyeliner is perfect, as it is waterproof so it won’t smear from the lash glue).
Starting from the inner corner of your eye make a thin line across your lash line. Do not pull your eyelid taut as this can make the line uneven.
At the end of your lash line make a thin line upward that has a slight angle, similar to a check mark.
Now slightly build the line upward at the point where the line meets the lash line. Build it to the thickness that is desired or add width to the liner at lash line for an extra retro look.
Finish off with a matte red lip for ultra sexy pin up glamour!
Remember to enter into our latest GIVEAWAY! Visit our Facebook page for more details!
If you’re looking for an easy and chic smoky eye that transitions well from day to night and from summer to fall then Philosophy Supernatural Eye Palettes have got you covered. Our favorite shade collection is Supernatural Eye Palettes Box of Truffles, featuring three perfect shades of silky mineral powders for lid, crease, and shimmer, plus a long-wearing wet-to-dry powder liner for line definition.
The perfect and classy eye requires four minutes. Follow our four easy steps for fool proof beauty:
1. Apply the lightest shade (Latte) all over your lid all the way up to the brow to create a smooth and even canvas.
2. Apply the next darkest shade (Mocha) all over the upper lid, and apply a bit to the lower lash line to give the eyes an almond shape.
3. With a blending brush apply Cocoa to the crease in a light sweeping motion, extending the crease just outside the eyelid and drawing a ‘V’ shape to connect with the bottom lid. Add just a bit of Cocoa to the outer corners of the lower lash line to intensify the look.
4. With a stiff liner brush use the darkest shade (Chocolate) to line the upper lash line, extending the tip into a wing for a touch of glamour.
If you want to take your sassy look into a sultry evening eye swap the Mocha shade for the Cocoa, a deeper brown all over the lid will add drama and elegance.
If you’re looking for a great Valentine’s Day look that’s not a generic smoky eye or a classic red lip, but something rather fresh, new and exciting then we recommend Stila’s Pretty Plum Look for a night out with your hubby, new crush, or the girls. This look is versatile, it’s great for all ages, ethnicities and skin types and it’s easy to create, even if you’re not a pro makeup artist!
Our favorite Stila cutie, Sarah Lucero, shows you how here:
What’s your favorite make-up look for Valentines Day?! We’d love to hear all about it- or you can post a photo to our facebook page!
Right now, we’re giving away 10 Caudalie Body Butters. Don’t miss out. Enter the giveaway!
Ladies strive to look their best when they apply their makeup. Beauty enhancements that improve your looks hide flaws and increase your self confidence. But what looked good on us at one time doesn’t always look flattering years later.
Here are some suggestions and tips on things to avoid as we approach 40 and beyond:
1. Dark eyeliner using liquid liner or pencils above your lash line: While this may look great in our younger years, as our eyelids age and we experience crepiness on our lid, hard lines from liners can call more attention to the fact that we no longer have tight skin around our eyelids. Instead consider using a lighter shade and apply a shadow to the base of your lash line and blend upward. The smoother line will help conceal the crepiness and blending upward draws less attention to sagging lids!
2. Dark eyeliner or eye shadow below your lower lash line: While this may have been all the rage during your night club days it’s just not the best thing for someone with lines. Instead consider keeping the area under your lower lash line neutral. Try adding some mascara to your lower lashes and even lining the inside of your lower eyelid with a white or light tan liner.
3. Staying true to one color scheme: Color schemes come and go. Colors that looked flattering on us in our younger years may not be in style now and can make you look outdated. Try picking up the latest edition of a glamour or fashion magazine and make note of what colors are in season and can freshen up your look.
4. Bronzers, glitters & sparkles: Using heavy bronzers, lots of glitter and sparkle can send out the message, “I’m desperate to look younger!” Try enhancing your look with just a touch of fun sparkle and shimmer. Remember a little bit of bling goes a long way… don’t overdo it!
5. Dark lip colors: While deep dark ruby red lip colors may have defined the Hollywood Glamour era and those colors are making a retro come back for gals in their twenties, using dark colors on your lips later in life can draw attention to aged hollow lips, lines around the lip area and project an overall dark unfriendly tone. Instead consider using a lighter, neutral shade of lip color and a little bit of lip gloss.
6. Too much makeup: Invest in a good quality foundation that meets your coverage needs without going overboard. Even out your skin tone, but remember…Less Is More!
7. Dry skin: Using makeup on dry or dehydrated skin can cause problems blending your makeup, call attention to dry flakes of skin and exacerbate fine lines and wrinkles! Using an oil free moisturizer or oil free makeup primer before can create a much more hydrated and smooth surface. I suggest a something with dimethicone to fill in fine lines and wrinkles and give you a soft silky texture!
8. Outdated Eyebrows: While most ladies take the time to tweeze their brows or get their brows waxed we need to remember with age all things start moving south! Try reshaping your brows lifting them up a little higher than usual and adjusting your arch a bit higher. A skilled esthetician knows how to do this!
So what are your do’s and don’ts for 40′s, 50′s and beyond?!
Have you entered our latest giveaway? You could win a 5-product regimen from NIA24! Enter now!
Sometimes, it can be just so easy to go from the office into the glamorous night with your makeup. All you need is variety and a little influence from some great assistants. I’ve got just the friend to help you! Meet; Smoky Eye Palette from Too Faced! While there are great neutral shades you can use during your busy day time schedule, there are also great shades to bring out the vixen in you. This palette even goes beyond to provide a few hidden step by step application cards to educate your application imagination. The cards will give you the instructions to create different smoky eye color combinations for a sizzling finish! Just watch this video to see how easy it really is to let this Smoky Eye Palette guide you:
Long, dark, full lashes are on the wish list of most women, and achieving that look is easier than ever with Fusion Beauty! LashFusionXL is a mascara formula that is creamy, rich and has much more to offer than a typical mascara.
The wand holds a large non-clumping brush that coats every single lash to ensure a sexy, dramatic look with only one application. The specialized formula is set in a time released method that allows the stimulating proteins and protective keratin to nourish the lashes while amplifying the length and adding strength. This mascara also contains natural emollients to keep the lashes from becoming brittle and dry and giving you more beautiful, youthful lashes even after you take it off. Now you’re on your way to va-va voom lashes!
Have you entered our latest giveaway? You could win skincare treasures from Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare! Enter now!