You want to have clean, clear, healthy skin like some of your favorite teen idols. While you may want to have that Kellan Lutz or Dianna Agron look, your hormones and skin are telling another story.
Here are some quick things to make clean, clear, healthy skin a reality:
- Hormonal changes can cause an increase in sebum (oil production.)
- Dead skin cells, sweat, oil, and dirt can clog your pores causing pimples, breakouts and zits.
- Using an exfoliating cleanser, toner, spot treatment, and moisturizer twice a day can help clear up existing breakouts and reduce future breakouts.
- Using cleansers, chemicals, spot treatments, or acne pads, without following up with a moisturizer can cause your skin to dry out and release more oil, causing more breakouts! Make sure to use a moisturizer.
- Be sure to use a clean washcloth each time you wash your face. Avoid buffing sponges as they can over exfoliate skin and irritate healing skin. Avoid facial sponges as they can breed bacteria! If you use your hands to apply cleanser, be sure to wash your hands with anti bacterial soap before washing your face.
- Inexpensive makeup foundations can have mineral oils and fillers in them that can cause your pores to clog. Try using a minimal amount of foundation (oil free) and consider switching to a mineral based powder foundation.
- Avoid picking at skin that is healing. Doing so can cause cratering and permanent scarring. If you are going to be outdoors in the sun for more than 10 minutes a day, be sure you wear an oil free sunscreen with an SPF of at least 20 or more. Exposing unprotected healing skin to UVA/UVB rays can cause pigmentation spotting.
Here are some kits for acneic skin that won’t break the bank!
Clear up that complexion and hit the mall with confidence!