Entering our 30’s we hear that these are the best times of our lives. We are given the opportunity to have careers, babies, or travel the world. But what does this mean for our skin, and how do we know if we are making the right choices for our new age and concerns?
Most of us have been warned about the dangers of the sun because our parents told us to wear sunscreen and not use foil and baby oil, so we are hoping to look better than our mothers and fathers. The question is how do we keep looking young? Advancements in skin care have come a long way in just the past 5-10 years, and all these tricks and potions are at our fingertips just waiting to be explored. To make it easy, here are the top things you need for your 30’s when it comes to your skin.
1. Wear your sunscreen: Yes we know this, but let’s really practice what we preach ladies and gentlemen. Skin cancer is the leading type of cancer right now, and we can help prevent it by just covering up and wearing a sunscreen. An SPF of at least a 30 is suggested. Due to variations in formulations there are sunscreens that are oil free, hydrating, and even great for you sensitive skin types. There are no exceptions on this one, wear your sunscreen please! We like La Roche Posay sunscreens and so do our customers.
2. Take your vitamins: They don’t look like cartoon characters at this age, but they can make us look and feel young well into our 40’s and beyond. Vitamins A, C, E are essential for healthy skin, strong immune systems, and overall wellness. Also, please wear your vitamins. Get a great antioxidant serum, this will protect your skin against further damage and help to correct unsightly sun damage. Retin-A is said to be one of the most powerful products in helping to promote collagen production and cell turnover. This is essential because collagen levels have already started to deplete by the age of 30.
3. Use an eye cream: At the age of 30 we start seeing the first signs of aging right before our very eyes, or under our eyes I should say. Those beautiful browns or beaming blues and greens can continue to remain as the center of attention with a little help from a great eye cream. A serum formulation for day will help tighten and provide that wide awake look. A slightly more hydrating cream formula for use in the PM, will help hydrate and regenerate the delicate tissue under the eye. A great eye cream for that is the Arcona Eye Wrinkle Repair.
4. Try alpha hydroxy acids: AHA’s are very anti-aging because they help to smooth lines, even out skin tone, and give your skin a nice healthy glow. AHA’s will also help to promote cell turnover by exfoliating your skin and should be incorporated into your weekly regimen. SkinCeuticals C+AHA is an excellent choice because it provides 15% L-Ascorbic Acid and 10% alpha hydroxyl acid. Antioxidants and exfoliation all in one product make this a great multi tasking necessity.
5. Tools for success: These include the Clarisonic, Baby Quasar, Nuface or the Wellbox device. Tools will help boost the benefits of any skin care regimen you are currently using. They will help to exfoliate, repair, tighten, and rejuvenate the skin. They save time and money because you can treat your skin in the privacy of your home for a fraction of the cost when compared to the doctor’s office or medispa.
The most important thing to remember is to do your research, but don’t believe everything you read. Be educated about what to expect, but don’t make your self crazy. A lot of consumers tend to overdo it and can cause damage to their skin. The trick is balance, education, and prevention.
Goodbye 20’s… Hello to the fabulous 30’s!
Like this blog and share it with your friends on Facebook! Or leave us a comment, questions, or feedback – if you have a question, one of our estheticians will respond to you directly when you supply your email address in your response, remember, email addresses are not posted with your comment.