1. Cleanse your face every day. We all get busy and it’s easy to skip washing your face to get in an extra wink of sleep. Washing in the morning takes off all of the gunk that your face pumped out during its repair cycle while you slept. It will help your makeup go on smoother too. Wash before you go to bed so all the make-up and toxins from the day don’t congest your skin and cause unsightly blemishes.
2. Use a moisturizer. Every skin type needs hydration, even oily. Hydration keeps skin from drying out and looking blah. We can all use a little help with the heaters blowing full blast this time of year. Soft, supple skin is well-moisturized skin.
3. Drink Water. You’ve heard it a million times but it’s still true. Water rejuvenates and hydrates all the tissues in your body. Think of a plant that hasn’t been watered. Shriveled. Not healthy! It’s the same thing that happens to our bodies and skin when we don’t get enough H20. Bottoms Up!
4. Exfoliate. Here’s another one that’s easy to forget when you’re on the go. Exfoliation sluffs off those dead skin cells that lay on top of your skin causing dullness. Get the younger, fresher skin on top!
5. Wear an SPF. Unfortunately, we are not immune to harmful UVA (ultra-violet aging) or UVB (ultra-violet burning) rays even when the sun isn’t shining. We can still be prone to sun damage while driving in the car or even in our offices under UV lights. Sunscreen is not just for the fair-skinned. Everyone benefits from protecting their skin year-round!