One thing that will always be in fashion is healthy glowing skin. To obtain this you must first establish the basics. You can start off with a gentle yet effective cleanser, a treatment, moisturizer, and eye cream. Also a weekly exfoliating product will keep your skin soft, smooth, and makeup ready. You can use peel pads that contain AHA’s like glycolic acid, or a retinol treatment for a skin boost. For sensitive skin types try lactic acid or an enzyme peel. After you have used the right skin care products, check out these easy makeup looks that will have you looking great just in time for summer.
- Watercolor for eyes – This trend is hitting the runways, but would also look great for anyone who wants to add a little pow to their makeup routine. Watercolors in soft pastels are a great way to layer on colors, making sure to blend properly of course. Shades of pink, blue, and purple are among the most popular colors on the canvas this season. Try Stila Eye Shadow Duo – Orchid. Also think cream or mineral shadows for a soft easy to blend look.
- Pop of color on lips – the rest of your face should look sheer and muted. From magazines to makeup bags, the use of rich bold lip colors and sheer cheeks with minimal makeup on the eyes is among the most popular trend. The look is almost pin-up girl like, but you can be more modern by adding a coral or deep pink to your lips instead of that fire engine red. For a rich red try NUXE Lip Gloss Prodigieux Nutri-Protector Lip Gloss in Charismatic Red.
- Loads of mascara - extra long lashes. This look never goes out of style, who wouldn’t want glorious lashes! Try this one- Too Faced Lash Light.
- Blushing cheeks – in rose tones. The rose tones take the color pallet this summer. They look great on eyes, but especially lovely on the cheeks. Anyone can pull off a subtle yet romantic look with just a few swipes of blush using an over sized brush for easy application. Try Colorescience Retractable Blusher Brush – Apple Of My Eye. This is a medium rosy red with a built in brush that will provide a flawless finish.
- Sculpting make-up - This technique has been used in movies and on the red carpet for years. How do you think check bones appear out of thin air? They get contoured and sculpted. Round cheeks can also be camouflaged, and the results are dangerously stunning. The trick is to use a foundation and light powder, then highlight cheeks in brownish shades. Try bareMinerals Warmth All Over Face Color for a cheek contour.
Also take note that apparently sparkle and glitter are so last season. You don’t want to look like a 1980’s senior prom queen so remember less is more. Pick one main trend and keep the rest understated. You will be on your way to glowing skin and whimsical summer nights in no time.