Are you looking for a lightweight foundation that is perfect for summer? Or a foundation that provides full coverage, but also helps to treat the skin? bareMinerals has you covered on all angles! Their new bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation is revolutionary. It’s packed with vitamin C to help brighten the skin and is clinically proven to help correct skin-tone. Created with exceptional purity in mind, this ultra-thin, skin-perfecting fluid provides seamless adjustable coverage, a natural finish and the look and feel of beautiful skin while delivering a noticeably brighter, more youthful appearance. Made with the bare minimum ingredients and formulated without oil, silicone, parabens or fragrance. It’s like nothing you’ve ever felt before. If you’re looking to treat your skin this summer this is the foundation for you!
Hello Gorgeous! The fall forecast is in. Our beauty editors and experts have just delivered the final touches of the Fall Guide to Gorgeous celebrating the many shades of autumn.
Announcing SkinStore.com’s Fall 2014 Edition of Guide to Gorgeous! The guide includes Editor’s Picks of our fave products for fall, New & Now to find the hottest must have trends and the Look book to create your flawless fall beauty routine.
Plus save 20% with code FALL20 (restrictions may apply) and purchases of $150 or more qualify for a free Guide to Gorgeous Bag (valued at $51). Offer available while supplies last only.
When you reach for your sunscreen, are you 100% certain you know what you are applying? Here are a few tidbits of knowledge to help you through the summer without getting burned.
Did you know that sunscreen loses its efficacy after 12 months? Ingredients that contain sun protection factors such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are active ingredients so they can’t be expected to last forever. They have a shelf life just like your peanut butter so be sure to purchase a new bottle every summer.
*Helpful tip: Mark your bottle of sunscreen with the date you bought it!
Did you know you should apply sunscreen (no matter then SPF) every TWO hours? Sunscreen does not block the sun entirely and although you may have slathered yourself with sunscreen, it is not meant to last you a whole day exposed to the Sun’s harmful rays.
*Helpful tip: If you out and about, set an alarm on your phone every two hours to remind you!
Are you covering all the necessary spots or just your nose? Ears, eyelids, the scalp, lips and feet are the most often forgotten body part when applying sunscreen. Be sure to cover these areas to protect yourself from sun damage and possible health concerns.
Summer is the perfect time to breeze into healthfulness. There are so many ways to maintain and nourish the body, mind and spirit, while protecting and enhancing your complexion. But let’s keep it simple! Caring for skin is never as delicious as it is in the summertime, when some of our best defenses come directly from the garden and when easy is always best.
Here are some of our favorite tips to care for summer skin effortlessly.
-Staying hydrated is key in the warmer months. Eating local, seasonal fruit—like watermelon—not only provides excellent hydration, but contains crucial enzymes and nutrients for skin.
-Introducing plenty of raw vegetables to your diet gives skin a real boost. Carrots contain major antioxidants. Avocados are rich in fatty acids. Tomatoes and lemons are packed with collagen-supporting Vitamin C, another powerful antioxidant source.
-Plant butters and plant oils—including avocado and shea—are great for summer cooking, but also benefit dry skin when applied directly. Found in formulations throughout our collection, and providing a strong base for Antioxidant Crème and Intensive Repair Balm, they provide excellent hydration and an extra layer of UV protection when worn under sunscreen.
-Stirring a little coconut oil into your favorite fresh fruit smoothie, or into a hot cup of tea, can actually reduce your body’s need for antioxidants, and can help prevent damage to body tissues, and slow skin’s aging.
Is your skin feeling congested and in need of a deep clean? We have the perfect mask to rid your skin of dirt, oil and impurities. Sundari Neem and Green Tea Cleansing Mask purifies congested skin. Neem Extract, a powerful healer, provides deep cleansing while normalizing skin tone. Green Tea, a potent anti-oxidant, detoxifies and protects, restoring health and clarity.
-Deep cleans oily, acne prone skin
-Reduces TWEL (trans-epidermal water loss)
-Antiseptic and balances sebum production
-Promotes skin tissue regeneration
-Destroys harmful bacteria in oily areas while soothing dry areas
-Protects the skin from aggressive free radicals
Sound amazing?! Enter our Facebook giveaway for a chance to win one of your very own. Click HERE to enter!
What do you get when you combine a hair styling product with a perfume? HEAVEN! Frederic Fekkai has just introduced a new line of hair perfumes that pull double duty as a styling product by also preventing static and adding shine. Inspired scents from his Full Blown Volume Collection, PrX Reparatives Collection and Technician Color Care Collection. There is a fragrance that will suit any person or mood. Fekkai even put together a handy little kit Frederic Fekkai Hair Perfume Collection with all 3 perfumes in small travel friendly mists. This kit is a great way to find your favorite scent so you can purchase the larger 1.7 ounce size for home. This would make a great gift for anyone and priced affordably. The Citron et Menthe is a fresh scent that is “crafted with crisp mint and bright citron notes”. The Creme Vanillee is a warmer scent that has “undertones of luscious cream, it gives hair a seductive touch of exotic, sweet scent” and the Rose Fraiche is a romantic scent with “fresh rose notes, it gives hair a seductive touch of floral”. That fact that these fragrances don’t dry out hair and add shine makes it the perfect product to add to your hair care regimen.
Think you know what’s causing your excess oil? It could be caused by seasonal transitions, hormones, or even medications. But before you make any lifestyle change, learn about the 5 common products in your daily skin care routine that may be the culprit, and find out how to control oily skin.
1. Your scrub. Over-doing it when it comes to exfoliating can rob your skin of its natural moisture, causing it to produce even more oil to compensate. There can be “too much of a good thing” with exfoliation, so I recommend using physical exfoliants up to 3 times a week, and keep your pressure light when massaging physical scrubs into your skin.
2. Your inadequate sunscreen. Although it might temporarily dry out your skin, a tan damages the DNA inside your skin cells and triggers an injury response that causes oil production to surge so your skin stays protected. Make sure you choose an SPF that’s labeled “broad spectrum” to keep UVA and UVB rays from doing damage, so oil production stays under control. And make it a daily habit, rain or shine – up to 80% of UV radiation can penetrate through clouds!
3. Your “squeaky” clean cleanser. You might think it’s helping your oil control cause, but using a cleanser that makes your skin feel dry and tight is doing anything but! The result is skin that’s stripped of its protective hydrolipidic barrier, causing it to rapidly produce more oil to compensate for what’s missing. Make sure you’re using a cleanser formulated for your exact skin type, to provide the moisture-to-oil balance it needs.
4. Your “one-size-fits-all” anti-ager. Anti-aging ingredients like retinol or peptides are meant to target skin aging concerns like wrinkles or firmness. If you have an Oily skin type, these formulas may be just too emollient. So choose an anti-aging night creme that’s designed specifically for oilier skin, and offers oil control along with anti-aging benefits, like Bioelements Oil Control Sleepwear.
5. Your oil blotters. A common pseudo-solution to remove excess oil is to blot it away – and not just with the blotting papers you find skin care aisles. I’ve heard people recommend everything from coffee shop napkins to toilet seat covers to beat an oily t-zone! No matter what you’re using to blot, it only pushes most of the day’s dirt, oil and makeup back in deep into your pores, where it causes breakouts, congestion, and even more oil. Stop oil at its source with an Oil Control Mattifier that balances oil production within the pore, and absorbs excess oil as it develops. Apply it under your makeup, before your SPF, to keep skin shine-free, and apply it over your makeup as needed for a pore-friendly solution to control oil throughout the day.
Summer is in full effect which means more time spent outdoors and long weekend getaways. For many, camping is at the top of the list as a favorite summer pastime. There’s nothing better than pitching a tent under the stars and enjoying all that the wilderness has to offer. Other than your given necessaries to pack like a sleeping bag and tasty smores, here are a few of our beauty must haves when you are without the luxuries of your home.
LaVanilla The Healthy Deodorant Pure Vanilla- Make sure you are smelling your best even when you are not feeling so fresh with this all natural deodorant. It has a exotic blend of Madagascar Vanilla, Tonka Bean and Rich Heliotrope.
Avene Thermal Spring Water- Not only should you drink plenty of water, but make sure your skin is hydrated and refreshed. It is a unique composition that soothes, softens and restores the skins natural balance.
With these essentials in tote we’re sure you’ll be a happy camper! You can find the products mentioned on SkinStore.com.
Beat the heat this summer with Skin Authority Moisturizing Mist! This cooling, vitamin-rich spray delivers enriched antioxidants and moisture for soothing relief of dryness, minor irritations, inflammation, itching, and rashes while hydrating and normalizing the skin’s pH.
-Delivers antioxidants, vitamins and hydrators.
-Hydrates and softens dry, cracked or flaky skin.
-Promotes firmer, tighter skin.
-Fights off free radical damage.
Enter our Facebook giveaway for a chance to win one of your very own! Click HERE to enter. You can find this product on SkinStore.com.
With all of the BB Creams that have hit the market lately it was only a matter of time until a BB Cream Eyeshadow was created, bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15. It’s a hybrid creamy shadow; long-wearing color meets exceptional skincare benefits and broad spectrum SPF protection. Chock-full of skin-loving ingredients, this breakthrough product delivers 5 benefits in one luxe formula.