Dry skin is caused by a lack of moisture in the skin and is often characterized by parched, flaking, tightness, itching and even stinging or burning. Often skin begins to look more mature and fine lines or wrinkles are more pronounced. Dry or dehydrated skin is frequently associated with red or chapped areas of the body such as the lips, cheeks, elbows and knees.
Dry skin can be caused by a variety of reasons including but not limited to lack of essential oils, weakened barrier function, inadequate moisturizing, poor diet, environmental factors or improper cleansing.
To ensure that you are providing your skin with all the proper nutrients to stay well hydrated be sure to moisturize daily with a moisturizer or lotion fit for your skin type. Also, only cleanse twice a day and avoid harsh scrubs or astringent cleansers that can leave the skin feeling exposed. Long exposure to dry or cold temperatures can affect the skin and cause “winter itch”; inflamed, itchy skin associated with exposure to extreme temperatures including excessive indoor heating.
As we age our elastin and collagen products begins to slow and our skin becomes natural more dehydrated. Conversely, in our younger years we experience more oil production but that is necessary to keeping our skin balanced and hydrated.
We suggest that you cleanse the skin in the morning with a gentle cleanser, apply a nonalcoholic or moisturizing toner followed by a moisturizer preferably with a sun protection factor. At night, cleanse the skin with luke warm water, tone again, apply any gels/serums/oils and apply a thick, emollient rich moisturizer to absorb into the skin while you sleep.
Looking for skincare advice? You may speak with a live product specialist or consult with an esthetician Monday through Friday 9 AM-9 PM ET on SkinStore.com!
Are you looking for a mask, but don’t want to feel stripped of your essential oils? Cream Masks are best suited for dry or dehydrated skin to reduce inflammation, redness or irritation. Look for masks with emollients like Shea, coconut or mango butter and nutrients like hyaluronic acid or vitamin E. Cream masks are also a great choice for sensitive skin and can be applied more often than traditional masks without irritating the skin. We suggest the FarmHouse Fresh Sundae Best Chocolate Softening Mask; two words: chocolate mask. This luxurious mask is a fine blend of cocoa, coconut milk and honey along with CoQ10, live Carrot Fruit Cells and Ginseng to fight wrinkles and sagging.
Have the holidays and winter weather caused you to break out? Clay Masks are the appropriate choice for oily skin types, congested skin or acneic skin. Clay masks help purify clogged pores and cleanse the skin while removing dirt, debris and excess oil. We suggest the CosMedix Clear mask which uses sulfur, broccoli powder and white hazel among other ingredients to combat breakouts and minimize pore size.
Are you feeling like you need a fresh start? Exfoliating Masks are great multitasking products and can save time during your skincare route by combining the cleansing effects of a clay mask and the exfoliating benefits of a scrub. We suggest the GlamGlow YOUTHMUD Tinglexfoliate Treatment which starts off as a traditional clay mask but when activated with water morphs into a light scrub.
Are you looking for a relaxing treatment in the comfort of your own home? Marine Masks are synonymous with the quintessential spa experience and can be used on almost any skin type. Marine minerals offer great skincare benefits without causing irritation. Most marine minerals are packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory ingredients and anti-aging benefits to give your skin the boost it needs. We suggest the Astara Activated Sea Mineral Mask which combines Kelp, Spirulina and sea vegetables to rejuvenate like a fine resort facial.
Wouldn’t you just love fresh Juice Beauty skin for the New Year? Juice Beauty offers a full range of truly innovative, authentically organic & highly effective skincare solutions for all of us who would like to turn back the clock.
Have you heard water cleanses better than oil? That’s totally fiction – actually, oil binds to oil, water doesn’t. To effectively cleanse, remove makeup and oil buildup – a gentle oil cleanser will do the trick! Maybe you’ve also heard oil clogs pores and leads to breakouts….that’s fiction too, non-petroleum based oils can actually balance oil. Stem Cellular Cleansing Oildoesn’t clog pores and it doesn’t dry the skin – it helps maintain skin’s natural balance.
Stem Cellular Cleansing Oil benefits:
Balances natural oils
Locks in hydration for soft, supple skin
Increases skin’s luminosity with fat-soluble Vitamin C
“Blooms” into a luxurious emulsion for easy rinse-off
Gently cleanses and dissolves impurities
Removes all makeup, including eye product
Provides age defy benefits with the antioxidant action of Vitamins E & C
Organic Innovation, Scientific Technology, Ultimate Results – that’s what Juice Beauty’s Stem Cellular skincare products are all about. Fruit Stem Cells and Vitamin C infused into an organic resveratrol rich grapeseed base – these ingredients work to help repair damage and increase cellular turnover, resulting in the appearance of less wrinkles and younger looking skin.
As with all Juice Beauty products, Stem Cellular Cleansing Oil is Gluten Free, Vegan and made with certified organic ingredients.
Get your fresh start to the New Year now, kick it off with Juice Beauty’s Stem Cellular Collection.
Tis the season for gift giving and this year we have something for everyone on your list! Holiday gift giving is made easy from beauty to relaxation with our wide variety of gifts. These holiday gifts offer luxury with a touch of holiday spirit and are budget friendly too!
Formulated with a proprietary soy blend wax formulation, all NEST candles burn evenly and infuse a room with fragrance. The custom glass was designed to complement the beauty of your home with a classic shape and modern stripe etching on crystal clear glass. This candle will burn approximately 50 hours.
2. Juara Romancing the Candlenut Set: This irresistible skin-softening 4-piece ritual will make you feel like you have taken a trip to Bali. Pamper your skin with velvety Candlenut oil while your senses are enveloped in an unforgettable scent of delicate freesia, white blooming jasmine, sparkling bergamot and gentle rose with just a hint of fresh coconut.
3. Philosophy The Cookie Exchange: share the happiest of holidays with the cookie exchange. philosophy’s version of this festive tradition features christmas cookie shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath, sweet creamy frosting body lotion, and sugar sprinkles high-gloss, high-flavor lip shine. the 3-in-1, moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair, while indulging your senses as you lather from head to toe. the luxurious body lotion formula contains natural oils and shea butter to condition and help stabilize the moisture level of dry skin, while antioxidants help soothe and protect skin against environmental attack. soothe and soften lips with the sweet sugar sprinkles formula, while providing sheer color and high-gloss shine. it’s the perfect gift to sweeten up someone’s holiday.
4. For the man in your life, ZIRH Shave Basics Kit: For optimal shaving results while preventing ingrown hairs, razor burn nicks and cuts, the ZIRH Shave Basics Kit includes Prepare, Shave Gel and Soothe.
Prepare, 1oz A light botanical shave oil that is designed to lubricate the beard area and improve glide while shaving.
Shave Gel, 3.3oz This non-foaming Aloe Vera based shave gel makes it easier to maintain sideburns and other facial hair, and avoid any irritated areas.
Soothe, 3.3oz Soothe calms redness, razor burn or any shaving irritation. It can also serve as a dual purpose light moisturizer.
5. Too Faced All I Want for Christmas: This full face collection features the best of Too Faced’s eyes, face and lips and is housed in a party-ready chevron cosmetic bag designed by celebrity decorator and TV personality Mary McDonald.
La Crème Lip Cream in Believe, .11oz
Shadow Insurance, .35oz Extend the life of your eye shadow with this lid primer.
Looking to add a quick and easy boost to your cleansing routine? Erno Laszlo Phelityl Pre-Cleansing Oil does just that! Phelityl Pre-Cleansing Oil penetrates pores to dissolve impurities and when combined with a cleansing bar, it cleans without drying your skin. Phelityl contains Dr. Laszlo’s unique moisturizing complex with a pH nearly identical to that of the skin, which maintains the fatty acids essential for skin function. Can’t wait to try it?! Enter our SkinStore Facebook giveaway for your chance to win your very own! Click HERE to enter.
The secret to any holiday look lies in the details. Go beyond the basics to create bold, sophisticated brows with an extra pop of brightness for all of your seasonal events. Every girl knows that a pencil is the fastest, easiest way to create perfectly defined brows daily. But, when putting together the perfect holiday look, making sure your brows are as perfect as your outfit. Here are some quick tips to glam up your normal brow routine.
Bold is Beautiful. Try layering Brow Powder Duo with your favorite Anastasia Beverly Hills Pencil to create a sophisticated, dramatic look that leaves a natural finish. Anastasia loves to outline the brows with Brow Wiz, and fill in the rest of the Brows with Brow Powder Duo.
Lighten Up. Set your brows with Tinted Brow Gel to add lightness and dimension to your brows. Adding a shade that is one shade lighter than your brows will bring subtle sheen and focus to the eye area while setting the rest of your brow color in place.
Highlight, highlight, highlight! The holidays are all about fun and sparkle. Use Brow Duality’s matte and shimmer side to easily highlight your brow bones and entire face. Simply add a little of the matte side from Brow Duality to the brow bone and blend for an instantly bright and lifted look. Add the shimmer side to the corners of the eyes and your highlighted look is complete.
Remember, the most important part of creating holiday brows is to make it special. Do something bolder and more glam than your everyday brow routine. This is where you get to have a little fun and play up your features with color, glitter, and shimmer. Happy Holidays!
Melasma, otherwise known as pregnancy mask, is one of the most common forms of hyperpigmentation. Women who are pregnant, nursing or even using hormonal therapy run a risk of developing this issue. While this “mask” occurs due to a hormonal imbalance, sun exposure may worsen the condition. Women who have already suffered from sun damage may experience more severe pigmentation. The pigmentation generally affects the forehead, lips, chin and cheeks giving it the name “mask”. It is estimated that about 70% of all pregnant women have some form of melasma during pregnancy. (It also can occur in men, but very rarely).
Most people affected by melasma are advised to avoid prolonged sun exposure and use sunscreen throughout the day. Exfoliating the skin can be beneficial to removing the darkened skin cells, we recommend the Belli Fresh Start Pre-Treatment Scrub which is specially formulated to be gentle enough for pregnant woman. Belli offers a wide range of products for women who are pregnant, nursing or plan on becoming pregnant.
Bliss Mistletoe Must-Haves $12.00- This duo pack features a .12oz Fabulips Softening Lip Balm and a 1oz High Intensity Hand Cream to have you mistletoe-ready!
Too Faced Glamour To Go $22.00- A vintage inspired palette filled with 8 eye shadows, 1 blush, 1 bronzer, and a lip gloss.
Jack Black The Works $32.00- For the man in your life, this best-of-skin set combines a 3oz Face Buff Energizing Scrub, 3oz Turbo Wash Energizing Cleanser, 3oz Beard Lube Conditioning Shave, and a .25oz Intense Therapy Lip Balm Spf 25 he’ll be sure to love.
Ahava Bright and Merry Ornament Gold $10.00- this set features 2 of Ahava’s signature products for soft smooth skin. This ornament contains a .68oz Mineral Hand Cream and a .5oz Essential Day Moisturizer for Normal to Dry Skin.
Rodial Glam Balm Lip Tree Decoration $16.00 .35oz- Stemcell Super Food Glam Balm Lip is a rose flavored plumping lip balm with stem cell technology that instantly hydrates and smoothes lips.
Are you trying to lose weight and get into shape? Or have you lost a lot of weight and need a little assistance with losing your last few pounds? Have you plateaued in your weight loss journey and need a jump start? Well Thalgo Slim LC Capsules is the product for you and just in time to slim down for all of those upcoming holiday parties!
Slim LC Capsules is the perfect supplement to the Thalgomince LC24 treatment and range of products to ensure optimum weight loss results. Rich in active slimming agents derived from algae and plants whose slimming properties have been scientifically recognized and validated.
Reduces stored fat with Green Tea, Green Coffee, Guarana and Chromium.
Figure enhancement by reduction in volume of fatty tissues.
Limits the absorption of fat and sugars.
Control of weight gain and figure by limiting fat storage in the adipose tissue.
It may be hard to believe, but the holidays are almost upon us. Here are a few gift suggestions for skincare fanatics, beauty gurus and professionals alike.
1) L’Occitane Hand Creams of Provence ($42 USD; a $60 USD value) These 1 oz tubes of hand cream are perfect for the chilly weather head and fit perfectly in a purse, handbag, desk drawer or backback for easy access to luscious shea butter moisture and amazing scents like Rose, Almond and Lavender.
2) The Art of Shaving Mid-Size Kit ($60 USD; an $88 USD value) Do you have any men in your life looking for the perfect shave? Any lady friends tired of alcohol based shaving products? Art of Shaving offers a great kit for pre and post shaving care in four wonderful scents great for both sexes.
3) Rodial Dragon’s Blood Kit ($124 USD; a $190 USD value) Social and print media have been abuzz with the latest trend that sounds scarier than is. Dragon’s Blood is actually a plant extract that can be dated back to the Roman era. Once used as a dye, it is now being regarded as one of the best skincare ingredients healing agents.
4) Juice Beauty Organic To Go ($29.00 USD) If you have anyone on your list with sensitive skin or prefers organic products, this is set is a must have! Juice Beauty Organics offers everything you will need for a healthy, radiant glow. This set includes a cleanser, serum, peel, moisturizer and hydrating mist; perfect for a weekend getaway or a chance to try some new products.
5) butter LONDON Double Take- Fire Lacquer and Overcoat ($24 USD; a $30 value) A great holiday manicure is a necessity for any holiday party or office get together. Make sure to be looking your best with these classic deep red and sparkly winter white overcoat that is sure to last until the New Year!