If you are anything like me, you love your nails to look good but those trips to the nail salon get quite expensive! After hearing such great reviews about the Trind Natural Nail Repair, I had to try it for myself. Within a couple of weeks I was in love! Talk about clear, strong nails. This formula tightens the protein-molecules while leaving space for the natural moisturizers, which makes the nails stronger and healthier. Anyone with brittle or dull nails can definitely appreciate a product like this. Very easy to use, for the first 2 weeks apply one coat daily directly to the nails. The following day, remove the former coat with nail polish remover. For maintenance you only need to use it once a week. Once you see how great your nails look with just this one item, try incorporating in some of the other Trind products for magazine worthy nails!
Archive for the ‘Tips & Tricks’ Category
I LOVE SUMMER. And I know I am not the only one out there. When it comes to those beloved sun shining days, a girl has got to be prepared to beat the heat. Here a few product staples to stow in your purse to keep you looking fab all summer long.
Colorescience Pro SPF 35 Sunforgettable Lip Shine – Natural based gloss with a high grade sun protection of SPF 35 and a refreshing hint of spearmint in every shade. Provides your pout with a subtle shimmer and continuous hydration.
Jane Iredale POMMISST Hydration Spray – Rehydrate and energize those slumping skin cells with a light spritz through out your day. Pomegranate extract awakens and protects the skin from any environmental UV damage.
Dr. Michelle Copeland SPF 40 Lotion Mist Sun Block -This unique transparent formulation of Zinc Oxide provides an undetectable broad spectrum of protection with a potent blend of antioxidants and soothing Aloe Vera.
Rene Furterer Protective Summer Fluid- Forgot your floppy beach hat? Not to worry, this waterproof and oil- free spray protect your tresses. Enriched with sesame oil this fluid keeps your stands hydrated with out weighing them down.
Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens- Glowy is good, oily is not. With these blotting linens you’re always equipped for absorbing excess oil and perfecting your polished look.
What’s in your summer bag?! Share with us in the comments below! & Enter into our GIVEAWAY!!!
When the temperatures begin to rise, we often have concerned customers calling in about their products arriving hot to the touch and how this may or may not affect their efficacy.
All products undergo a heat/cool and freeze/thaw test in order to make it to the consumer market. Products are tested under extreme temperature changes for extended periods of time. These tests ensure that the active ingredients and overall product composition are not compromised even under extreme temperatures.
Rest assured that if your products are exposed to heat while on the delivery truck or left on the porch, the efficacy of the product is not compromised. Simply, bring the product inside and let the product go back to room temperature by storing it in a cool, dark place. Make sure to let the product go back to room temperature before using it. Some products have to be shaken or stirred before use if the ingredients separated. Natural products may also change in color, but the efficacy will remain the same.
We hope this information is helpful, enjoy your summer!
Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Cleansing Wipes – These on the go cleansing wipes are gentle and soothing but also contain the added benefits of Vitamin C and CoQ10.They smell fantastic and can quickly remove your makeup in prep for your spin class.
Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation- Anti-aging, color adjusting tinted foundation that is designed to give a natural glow and soften the look of any fines lines and enlarged pores. Perfect right before and after the gym to give your skin instant healthy radiance.
Blinc Maraca- Tiny water resistant tubes form around the lashes, and will not run or smudge. Perfect for the physically active, contact lens wearers or those looking for a mascara that will last all day with out flaking.
SpaRitual Infinitely Wise Vitalizing Fragrant Mist- Spray on for immediate relief from metal and physical exhaustion. Organic Lavender Essential Oil balances the crown chakra that represent seven forces within the body that work synergistically to boots energy and alertness.
What do you carry in your gym bag? Share with us in the comments below!
Check out our GIVEAWAY on Facebook!
We want hair that’s fast and easy, and beautiful at the same time! Products need to enhance the hair and also work promptly after application. From day to night and casual to fancy, you can find relief in the Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo products. These will soak up excess oil from the scalp, freshen the hair and even reshape your hair style. Just watch how easy it is to refresh and add fluff back into your hair given a few key products:
We all know that exercise is crucial to losing weight or maintaining the results you’ve worked so hard to achieve. But, what is the best and most efficient way to burn fat? Cardio, cardio, cardio. Well yes, but there’s more to it than that. Recent studies have found interval training is the fastest and most effective way to lose weight (along with a healthy, low calorie diet of course). Interval training is simply a short span of intense exercise followed by brief periods of rest.
*A recent study by the University of New South Wales in Australia has concluding evidence to support this theory. A study group of 45 overweight women sprinted for eight seconds on an exercise bike followed by 12 seconds of light cycling, rotating for twenty minutes. While a second group of women exercised at a continuous, steady pace for 40 minutes. The speed interval group lost three times as much fat as other women who exercised at a continuous, steady pace.
So, the next time you hit the gym to shed some pounds kick it up a notch! Mix intervals of high intensity cardio with lower intensity periods of rest. By not allowing your body to become accustomed to a steady pace you’re burning more calories and fat.
If you’re looking to jump start your results we suggest supplementing your exercise routine with Thalgo Slim LC Capsules. Slim LC Capsules aid to achieve maximum weight loss. A potent blend of algae, green tea, caffeine, guarana and chromium help to boost energy levels and helps to speed up metabolism.
Boutcher S, Director of Fat Loss Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Optimal Fat Loss Program, January 2007
Enter our Sundari Giveaway now! Enter here. Event ends 4/25/11.
1. “Never pop a zit, it will cause a scar and get infected“ – FACT. By popping a zit you may end up forcing pus (thick yellow fluid) out of your pore. The problem is that this can cause a tear in the skin leaving you more susceptible to infection. The other risk is that while popping a zit you may end up forcing the fluid downward and inward, further spreading infection and causing more breakouts at a deeper level.
2.) “Don’t tweeze your eyebrows in the opposite direction”; it will cause your brows to grow back in the wrong direction” – FICTION. Eyebrow hairs should always be tweezed in the direction of the hair growth. Tweezing in the direction of the hair growth will maximize your results in removing not just the hair shaft but also the root! Tweezing against the direction of hair growth only lessens effectiveness.
3.) “Never shave your facial hair off; it will cause thicker hair to grow” - FICTION. Shaving facial gives the tip of the hair a more coarse prickly feeling especially when the hair grows back above the surface of the skin. Shaving however will NOT stimulate hair growth. If this was true, all balding men who shave their heads would suddenly have hair growth! Excess facial hair growth for women is usually related to a hormonal imbalance. While shaving may be quick and easy, stubble quickly returns and can leave that 5 O’Clock shadow. Instead consider waxing, cream depilatories, or laser removal.
4.) “Wearing make up causes bad skin” – Could be FACT, could be FICTION. Bad skin is not caused by wearing makeup. Skin issues such as wrinkles, scaling, redness, sun spotting, and overall poor skin condition are usually caused by environmental factors and lack of skin care regimen. However a combination of too much makeup and poor quality makeup can lead to clogged pores and break outs. Try to avoid liquid or cream foundations with mineral oil. Instead try mineral based or water-based foundations or foundations that say “non-comedogenic”.
5.) “Polishing your nails is bad for them and it will make them yellow” – FICTION. Applying polish and clear coat to your nails can help to strengthen your nails and prevent problems such as cracking, chipping or peeling. It is a good idea though from time to time to give your nails a break. Remove all base coats, polish and topcoats and give your nails a day or two to relax and breathe. Some polishes especially dark red polishes have a tendency to stain the top layers of the nail giving them a yellow appearance. While this can be frustrating it is easily remedied by removing all polish with an acetone based polish remover. Use a 3 way nail buffer to remove any surface ridges, smooth out the nail and then buff it back to a shine, follow with cuticle oil. Doing so should remove any of the yellow staining left behind by red polish. Try our SPARITUAL nail line- it’s vegan and free of chemicals!
Do you have any fact/fiction tips from mom? Do share! We’d love to know.
You could win a Perricone MD Cold Plasma! Enter our latest giveaway now! Enter here. Event ends on 4/4/2011.
Lacking that go get em’ gusto to hit the gym? It’s that time of year when New Year’s resolutions become stale and willpower caves to temptation. Don’t give up just yet…here are a few pick me ups to help you stay motivated.
1. Make a date! It’s a lot harder to flake on a gym buddy or personal trainer when you’ve already made plans to meet them. You’re more accountable for your actions when it affects others.
2. We all like a pat on the back or high five every now and again right?! A little recognition and positive reinforcement keeps us right on track. Don’t be afraid to reward yourself for your diligent efforts! Take time out to relax achy muscles and soak in a long bubble bath. Schedule a monthly massage or a mani/pedi session, after all …you deserve it!
3. Keep your goal in sight, literally! Set your wallpaper on your cell phone with that perfect little black dress you’ve been lusting over or an itsy bitsy polka dot bikini that would be fabulous for your vacay.
4. Don’t set yourself up for failure. If you know you have a tendency to brush off the gym after a full day at the office, mix up your schedule. Go to bed an hour earlier and hit the gym before work. You’ll be energized and ready to tackle the rest of your day!
5. Fuel your engine. Eat a healthy snack before the gym and your body will be revved to go! We recommend a banana, a handful of almonds, or a cup of carrot juice!
Do you have a tip that keeps your body moving? We’d love to know! Share your comments on our Facebook page.
Did you hear? We are giving away 5 Juice Beauty Green Apple Peels every week for 3 weeks! Enter to win now. Event ends 3/14/11.
1. Fake a faux glow- Add a few drops of self tanner into your night cream and wake up with a healthy glowing complexion. No harmful sunrays or tanning beds required.
2. Contour facial features- Dr. Perricone, one of the nation’s leading skin gurus suggests cutting carbs from dinner to avoid puffy features in the morning. He recommends a meal rich in lean protein and vegetables like salmon and asparagus. “When our diet’s high in glycemic carbohydrates, our features take on a soft, doughy appearance,” says dermatologist Nicholas Perricone.
3. Shiny, happy hair- Apply a moisturizing hair mask to parched locks before bed and rinse out in the morning. Your hair will thank you! We love Alterna Caviar Overnight Hair Rescue.
4. The early bird catches the worm- Get a jump start to your nightly routine. If you wash your face a couple of hours before bedtime you’re kicking the habit of being “too tired” to wash your face before bed. A skin sin that I am guilty of clogs pores with toxins, makeup and dirt all night long. Instead of taking advantage of prime skin regenerating time you’re self sabotaging your skin!
5. Frizz be gone- Simply swap out your flannel or cotton pillowcase with a satin one. Hair will be silky smooth with little effort. Less friction equals fewer frizzies.
Take these tips to bed and wake of gorgeous!
*DON’T FORGET TO ENTER OUR CAUDALIE VINE BODY BUTTER GIVEAWAY! ENTER NOW!
By the time I have a group of products ready to discuss with a customer, many times cost will be a deciding factor. I hear some of the following questions from customers on a regular basis:
• What’s the difference between drug store and department store brands versus what SkinStore.com sells?
• I love my department store brand, why should I pay more for the brands you sell?
• Do I have to spend a lot of money to see results?
The answer to the first question is that each level of cosmetic or skin care products will have ingredients whose potency and effectiveness will vary according to the maximum dollar amount that the consumer is willing to spend. For example a moisturizer at a drug store may cost $15.00, at a department store $30.00, and at a day spa or doctors office $45 and up! Each price range sets the limit on what ingredients; the quantity of those ingredients and the quality of those ingredients that can be used to produce the product. SkinStore continually strives to provide the best products available with more than 200 premium brands typically found only in luxury spas, fine stores and doctors’ offices!
The second question is why should I pay more and graduate to the next level of product? Each of us has unique skin care concerns that can be addressed with a variety of products. In general the younger we are and healthier our skin the less we may need to spend on products to keep our skin healthy. However for some customers concerns with acne, sun damage (hyper pigmentation) or aging are not met with the average drug store or department store levels of products. This is the point where moving up to the next level of product can help you get better results. After all, where’s the savings in buying four anti aging moisturizers for $15 each from a drug store in six months time, totaling $60 when you can buy a more potent & more effective product for $45 and it will last you just as long?
The third and most important question is do you have to spend a LOT of money to see results? The answer is NO! Remember just because you’re choosing a product that is more expensive than what you have used in the past, doesn’t mean you have to choose the MOST expensive product!
SkinStore welcomes you to contact one of our many skin care professionals who are ready to discuss your unique concerns and issues. Our goal is to help guide you to the product(s) that can help you achieve your skin care goals!
Don’t forget that our NIA24 Giveaway is happening now! Enter to win.