After 8 hours of work its now time to hit the gym. Packing your bag with these few essentials can take you from work to the gym in a snap.
Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Cleansing Wipes – These on the go cleansing wipes are gentle and soothing but also contain the added benefits of Vitamin C and CoQ10.They smell fantastic and can quickly remove your makeup in prep for your spin class.
Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation- Anti-aging, color adjusting tinted foundation that is designed to give a natural glow and soften the look of any fines lines and enlarged pores. Perfect right before and after the gym to give your skin instant healthy radiance.
Blinc Maraca- Tiny water resistant tubes form around the lashes, and will not run or smudge. Perfect for the physically active, contact lens wearers or those looking for a mascara that will last all day with out flaking.
SpaRitual Infinitely Wise Vitalizing Fragrant Mist- Spray on for immediate relief from metal and physical exhaustion. Organic Lavender Essential Oil balances the crown chakra that represent seven forces within the body that work synergistically to boots energy and alertness.
What do you carry in your gym bag? Share with us in the comments below!
We want hair that’s fast and easy, and beautiful at the same time! Products need to enhance the hair and also work promptly after application. From day to night and casual to fancy, you can find relief in the Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo products. These will soak up excess oil from the scalp, freshen the hair and even reshape your hair style. Just watch how easy it is to refresh and add fluff back into your hair given a few key products:
We all know that exercise is crucial to losing weight or maintaining the results you’ve worked so hard to achieve. But, what is the best and most efficient way to burn fat? Cardio, cardio, cardio. Well yes, but there’s more to it than that. Recent studies have found interval training is the fastest and most effective way to lose weight (along with a healthy, low calorie diet of course). Interval training is simply a short span of intense exercise followed by brief periods of rest.
*A recent study by the University of New South Wales in Australia has concluding evidence to support this theory. A study group of 45 overweight women sprinted for eight seconds on an exercise bike followed by 12 seconds of light cycling, rotating for twenty minutes. While a second group of women exercised at a continuous, steady pace for 40 minutes. The speed interval group lost three times as much fat as other women who exercised at a continuous, steady pace.
So, the next time you hit the gym to shed some pounds kick it up a notch! Mix intervals of high intensity cardio with lower intensity periods of rest. By not allowing your body to become accustomed to a steady pace you’re burning more calories and fat.
If you’re looking to jump start your results we suggest supplementing your exercise routine with Thalgo Slim LC Capsules. Slim LC Capsules aid to achieve maximum weight loss. A potent blend of algae, green tea, caffeine, guarana and chromium help to boost energy levels and helps to speed up metabolism.
Boutcher S, Director of Fat Loss Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Optimal Fat Loss Program, January 2007
Enter our Sundari Giveaway now! Enter here. Event ends 4/25/11.
1. “Never pop a zit, it will cause a scar and get infected“ – FACT. By popping a zit you may end up forcing pus (thick yellow fluid) out of your pore. The problem is that this can cause a tear in the skin leaving you more susceptible to infection. The other risk is that while popping a zit you may end up forcing the fluid downward and inward, further spreading infection and causing more breakouts at a deeper level.
2.)“Don’t tweeze your eyebrows in the opposite direction”; it will cause your brows to grow back in the wrong direction” – FICTION. Eyebrow hairs should always be tweezed in the direction of the hair growth. Tweezing in the direction of the hair growth will maximize your results in removing not just the hair shaft but also the root! Tweezing against the direction of hair growth only lessens effectiveness.
3.) “Never shave your facial hair off; it will cause thicker hair to grow”- FICTION. Shaving facial gives the tip of the hair a more coarse prickly feeling especially when the hair grows back above the surface of the skin. Shaving however will NOT stimulate hair growth. If this was true, all balding men who shave their heads would suddenly have hair growth! Excess facial hair growth for women is usually related to a hormonal imbalance. While shaving may be quick and easy, stubble quickly returns and can leave that 5 O’Clock shadow. Instead consider waxing, cream depilatories, or laser removal.
4.) “Wearing make up causes bad skin” – Could be FACT, could be FICTION. Bad skin is not caused by wearing makeup. Skin issues such as wrinkles, scaling, redness, sun spotting, and overall poor skin condition are usually caused by environmental factors and lack of skin care regimen. However a combination of too much makeup and poor quality makeup can lead to clogged pores and break outs. Try to avoid liquid or cream foundations with mineral oil. Instead try mineral based or water-based foundations or foundations that say “non-comedogenic”.
5.)“Polishing your nails is bad for them and it will make them yellow” – FICTION. Applying polish and clear coat to your nails can help to strengthen your nails and prevent problems such as cracking, chipping or peeling. It is a good idea though from time to time to give your nails a break. Remove all base coats, polish and topcoats and give your nails a day or two to relax and breathe. Some polishes especially dark red polishes have a tendency to stain the top layers of the nail giving them a yellow appearance. While this can be frustrating it is easily remedied by removing all polish with an acetone based polish remover. Use a 3 way nail buffer to remove any surface ridges, smooth out the nail and then buff it back to a shine, follow with cuticle oil. Doing so should remove any of the yellow staining left behind by red polish. Try our SPARITUAL nail line- it’s vegan and free of chemicals!
Do you have any fact/fiction tips from mom? Do share! We’d love to know.
You could win a Perricone MD Cold Plasma! Enter our latest giveaway now! Enter here. Event ends on 4/4/2011.
Lacking that go get em’ gusto to hit the gym? It’s that time of year when New Year’s resolutions become stale and willpower caves to temptation. Don’t give up just yet…here are a few pick me ups to help you stay motivated.
1. Make a date! It’s a lot harder to flake on a gym buddy or personal trainer when you’ve already made plans to meet them. You’re more accountable for your actions when it affects others.
2. We all like a pat on the back or high five every now and again right?! A little recognition and positive reinforcement keeps us right on track. Don’t be afraid to reward yourself for your diligent efforts! Take time out to relax achy muscles and soak in a long bubble bath. Schedule a monthly massage or a mani/pedi session, after all …you deserve it!
3. Keep your goal in sight, literally! Set your wallpaper on your cell phone with that perfect little black dress you’ve been lusting over or an itsy bitsy polka dot bikini that would be fabulous for your vacay.
4. Don’t set yourself up for failure. If you know you have a tendency to brush off the gym after a full day at the office, mix up your schedule. Go to bed an hour earlier and hit the gym before work. You’ll be energized and ready to tackle the rest of your day!
5. Fuel your engine. Eat a healthy snack before the gym and your body will be revved to go! We recommend a banana, a handful of almonds, or a cup of carrot juice!
Do you have a tip that keeps your body moving? We’d love to know! Share your comments on our Facebook page.
Did you hear? We are giving away 5 Juice Beauty Green Apple Peels every week for 3 weeks! Enter to win now. Event ends 3/14/11.
Rise and shine beauties! Here are a few simple tricks to make you look your best at dawn.
1. Fake a faux glow- Add a few drops of self tanner into your night cream and wake up with a healthy glowing complexion. No harmful sunrays or tanning beds required.
2. Contour facial features- Dr. Perricone, one of the nation’s leading skin gurus suggests cutting carbs from dinner to avoid puffy features in the morning. He recommends a meal rich in lean protein and vegetables like salmon and asparagus. “When our diet’s high in glycemic carbohydrates, our features take on a soft, doughy appearance,” says dermatologist Nicholas Perricone.
3. Shiny, happy hair- Apply a moisturizing hair mask to parched locks before bed and rinse out in the morning. Your hair will thank you! We love Alterna Caviar Overnight Hair Rescue.
4. The early bird catches the worm- Get a jump start to your nightly routine. If you wash your face a couple of hours before bedtime you’re kicking the habit of being “too tired” to wash your face before bed. A skin sin that I am guilty of clogs pores with toxins, makeup and dirt all night long. Instead of taking advantage of prime skin regenerating time you’re self sabotaging your skin!
5. Frizz be gone- Simply swap out your flannel or cotton pillowcase with a satin one. Hair will be silky smooth with little effort. Less friction equals fewer frizzies.
When customers call in asking for guidance on a product like a moisturizer that best suits their specific needs, there are many variables that need to be narrowed down to help the customer choose.
By the time I have a group of products ready to discuss with a customer, many times cost will be a deciding factor. I hear some of the following questions from customers on a regular basis:
• What’s the difference between drug store and department store brands versus what SkinStore.com sells?
• I love my department store brand, why should I pay more for the brands you sell?
• Do I have to spend a lot of money to see results?
The answer to the first question is that each level of cosmetic or skin care products will have ingredients whose potency and effectiveness will vary according to the maximum dollar amount that the consumer is willing to spend. For example a moisturizer at a drug store may cost $15.00, at a department store $30.00, and at a day spa or doctors office $45 and up! Each price range sets the limit on what ingredients; the quantity of those ingredients and the quality of those ingredients that can be used to produce the product. SkinStore continually strives to provide the best products available with more than 200 premium brands typically found only in luxury spas, fine stores and doctors’ offices!
The second question is why should I pay more and graduate to the next level of product? Each of us has unique skin care concerns that can be addressed with a variety of products. In general the younger we are and healthier our skin the less we may need to spend on products to keep our skin healthy. However for some customers concerns with acne, sun damage (hyper pigmentation) or aging are not met with the average drug store or department store levels of products. This is the point where moving up to the next level of product can help you get better results. After all, where’s the savings in buying four anti aging moisturizers for $15 each from a drug store in six months time, totaling $60 when you can buy a more potent & more effective product for $45 and it will last you just as long?
The third and most important question is do you have to spend a LOT of money to see results? The answer is NO! Remember just because you’re choosing a product that is more expensive than what you have used in the past, doesn’t mean you have to choose the MOST expensive product!
SkinStore welcomes you to contact one of our many skin care professionals who are ready to discuss your unique concerns and issues. Our goal is to help guide you to the product(s) that can help you achieve your skin care goals!
Don’t forget that our NIA24 Giveaway is happening now! Enter to win.
When you look exhausted, there’s no way around it, it shows. Whether you are up all night with the kiddos or dancing until the sun comes up, dark circles and bags under your eyes are unavoidable. Here are a few tricks I’ve found that will keep you looking fresh and well rested to tackle your day.
1. Scrub a dub dub- Your skin regenerates at night, but when you don’t give it any down time it’s not able to whisk away dead skin cells as a part of its natural repair process. Give your skin a helping hand by scrubbing away those pesky, lack luster cells that leave your skin dull and shall we say…blah.
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate- Dehydrated skin accentuates fine lines and makes skin look older than it really is. Moisturizer helps to replenish hydration levels in the skin revealing a plump, supple youthful complexion. 3. Can’t fix it, then hide it! Simply conceal your late night rendezvous. Dab concealer under your eyes and on eyelids to even out darkness. Ta-da you’re instantly refreshed!
4. A flush of color on the cheeks imparts a healthy glow. Although you may feel drained, you don’t have to look it! A few strokes of a bright colored blush gives radiance to the skin.
5. Can you barely keep your eyes open? Stop from nodding out at your desk by simply curling your lashes. You’ll look bright eyed and bushy tailed for your 8 a.m. company update meeting.
Remember ladies, nothing replaces the benefits of a full night’s beauty sleep. Hopefully, you can catch up on your zzzz’s tonight!
Do you know any tricks to help you appear well rested? We’d love to here your tips on our Facebook page!
Wanna win a customized 5-product regimen from NIA24? Don’t miss out on our latest giveaway. Enter now!
If you’re anything like most girls (including myself) then your make-up bag carries everything and more. I swear, I need a dozen lip glosses, 600 bobby pins and 3 packs of floss with me at ALL TIMES!
Who are we kidding though?! Nobody needs that much stuff on the go! And since it’s a new year, let’s overhaul our make-up bags and (literally) lighten the burden that’s hanging on our shoulders.
Here are your make-up bag staples that you should carry with you:
1. Powder compact– an essential for touching up mid-day OR using a heavier application in case you had to rush out the door and had no time for foundation.
2. Convertible lip-cheek-eye color. One product that can do your entire face and is completely fool-proof when it comes to color matching. Stila Convertible Color – Rose is a great choice.
3. Lip balm and a lip gloss. Keep a lip balm with you at all times-preferably one that has SPF in it. It’ll keep your lips hydrated and protected from the sun’s harmful rays. Lip gloss always makes you feel glam, even when you’ve got no other make-up on… so pick a neutral, flattering shade that’ll go with everything. bareMinerals 100 Percent Natural Lipgloss – 7 Layer Cake is my favorite.
4. If you wear eyeliner- then you may want to keep one with you in case of touch-ups. Most liners don’t smudge but if you had a laugh-til-you-cry lunch break you may need to re-apply so you don’t look like a raccoon for the rest of the day! Ditto on the mascara. 5. Blotting papers. ‘Nuff said. Most of us (even those with dry skin types) have a bit of any oil breakthrough by mid-day. Sop it up with and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets, and your make-up will look super fresh again!
6. Hand sanitizer & hand cream- to keep your hands germ-free and super soft! Hand cream can also double as a hair product if your strands frizz up or get unruly.
7. And essential essentials, of course! Hairpins (just a few- in case you want to re-style your do or clip away pesky wisps of hair), hair ties (if you have long hair then these are a godsend), Cotton swabs (for cleaning up eye make-up if it gets smudgy), floss (in case you have food stuck in your teeth after lunch), gum/mints (for good breath, duh), and a nail file (in case you snag a nail).
Of course, everyone’s make-up essentials may vary but many girls agree that the above products are true life-savers on the go. In addition to the above items I also like to keep a travel toothpaste & toothbrush for post-lunch brushing, a hair brush to keep my hair smooth and tangle-free, a pack of tissues, and eye drops (a must since I wear contacts).
What is your make-up bag? Tell us… do you travel light, or bring the train case with you?
To tweeze or not to tweeze. Growing out your brows can be a real pain. This is hands down a struggle for me and I’m sure for many other ladies out there.
You know what I’m talking about… those few heart wrenching weeks where your brows can’t decide which way to grow and do what they please while you’re simply trying to reshape or fatten them up for a new look. It’s so frustrating! I just don’t feel the same with out my groomed arches.
So during my desperate attempt to cover my “hairy mess” I took out my super duper Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer and applied under my brow bone. To my surprise it covered every single dark hair and looked flawless! By using a shade lighter than my skin tone and applying a highlight champagne shadow on top of the concealer my brows looked like perfection and no one could tell that I was having an internal struggle with my tweezers.
I hope this quick tip works as well for you as it does for me!
Have you entered our latest giveaway? You could win skincare treasures from Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare! Enter now!