Archive for the ‘Skin Care’ Category
1. Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power CX30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum : Camu Camu Brightening Serum helps to improve collagen production, brighten, smooth, firm, revitalize and improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles. The Amazonian Camu Camu berry has 30 times the Vitamin C of an orange. This highly concentrated Vitamin C has superior absorption properties due to its low molecular weight allowing it to better penetrate the skin. Powerful antioxidant Camu Camu with Vitamins A, D and E also helps revitalize the look of skin while helping to fight free radical attack.
2. SkinMedica Vitamin C Plus E Complex: This rejuvenating complex formulated with 15% Vitamin C, may help to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and sun spots while fighting the future damaging effects of the sun. A sophisticated delivery system utilizing a water soluble silicon gel, allowing the aqueous form of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) to be slowly released throughout the day. The lipid soluble form of Vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate) diffuses directly into the skin for antioxidant defense.
3. Jan Marini C-ESTA Serum: Jan Marini Skin Research C-ESTA Serum containing DAE Complex is the culmination of years of intensive medical research that has resulted in the first stabilized form of lipid soluble topically applied Vitamin C in a patented delivery vehicle combined with other essential factors. Studies show C-ESTA containing DAE Complex is able to create conditions in the skin that enable dramatic rejuvenation beyond any technology available. Within a short period of time the skin’s texture will begin to appear smoother and more supple. With continued use, the skin will become measurably firmer, more resilient, and facial contours will appear tighter and more defined. Deeper lines will appear far less pronounced, skin tones will even and the skin will appear noticeably younger and healthier.
4. ARCONA Youth Serum: This powerful anti-aging serum helps to prevent photo-aging, fine lines and loss of elasticity. This daytime treatment neutralizes the damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays, stimulates collagen and elastin growth with Vitamin C-rich L-ascorbic acid and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate.
5. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF: Phloretin CF represents a new class of preventive and corrective topical antioxidant treatment. After five years of extensive research, SkinCeuticals developed this patent-pending breakthrough technology combining the newly-discovered, broad-range power of Phloretin with Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid in a biodiverse formulation to divide and conquer sources of damage at every level. Phloretin CF, a broad-spectrum treatment, protects against not only free radicals, but the range of other reactive molecules known to cause damage and DNA mutations among the integral cell types. In addition, it corrects existing damage by stimulating the synthesis of essential proteins and fibers and accelerating cell turnover. The result — a strengthened support structure on the inside and a more youthful, firm, radiant appearance on the outside.
6. PCA SKIN C-Strength 15 Percent with 5 Percent Vitamin E: This stable and effective Vitamin C and E topical treatment minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and strengthens the skin by stimulating the fibroblasts to produce matrix proteins. This anhydrous formulation uses advanced vitamin suspension technology that keeps the 15% L-ascorbic acid protected and completely stable until applied to the skin.
Product mavens are always on the hunt for the latest and greatest lotion or potion. They’re hoping to discover an ingredient so magical; it will unleash the gift of eternal youth. Although the fountain of youth has yet to be discovered, the newest wonder ingredient to hit the market is Argireline. Manufacturers near and far are scooping up this key ingredient up in hopes of adding it to their newest concoctions.
Argireline, also known as acetyl hexapeptide-3 is a revolutionary peptide shown to relax facial muscles therefore smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Peptides are made up of proteins, which stimulates collagen production resulting in a more youthful appearance. Argireline, acetyl hexapaptide-3 is a chain of six amino acids attached to the residue of acetic acid.
The topical application of Argireline is an effective alternative to Botox treatments without the need of painful injections. Similar to Botox, acetyl hexapeptide-3 relaxes muscle contractions lessening the appearance of crow’s feet, frown lines, and deep lines on the forehead.
Two of our most popular products containing Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 are DermaQuest Skin Therapy Peptide Mobilizer and Janson Beckett AlphaDerma CE. This formula also contains alpha lipoic acid, vitamin C ester, DMAE, elastin, collagen, and soy. This powerful combination of ingredients work synergistically; the skin is brighter, firmer, smoother, and moisturized with undeniable results.
Looking to add a quick and easy boost to your skincare routine? Alchimie Forever Kantic Brightening Mask does just that! Your complexion is instantly revived, glowing and radiant. It’s great to use right before a big event or to indulge at home with your own mini facial. This creamy mask is packed full of natural botanicals to soothe redness, brighten dull skin and hydrate for a radiant glow. Oats soften the skin while wild pansies soothe distressed skin and calm irritation. Grape extracts protect the skin from environmental stress and blueberry reduces facial redness. For best results we recommend to apply twice a week for 15-20 minutes on clean skin. This mask is suitable for all skin types, but is ideal for dry, sensitive or even rosacea prone skin types. Can’t wait to try it?! Enter our SkinStore Giveaway for your chance to win your very own! CLICK HERE to enter.
Whoever said chocolate was just for eating? While we love to indulge in this decedent treat, it also can be found in our favorite skincare and beauty products.
1. David Kirsch Wellness Protein Plus – Chocolate: Lose weight the healthy and natural way with Protein Plus! Chocolate flavor.
2. FarmHouse Fresh Sundae Best Chocolate Softening Mask: A chocolate mask that is a skin softener, wrinkle defender and skin revitalizer.
3. Pur Minerals Eye Pencil Chocolate Mica: This self-sharpening, mechanical eye pencil is formulated to provide long-lasting colors and maximum wearability.
4. NUXE Baume Prodigieux Nutri-Protecting Lip Gloss – Shimmering Chocolate: This gloss provides color, nourishment and SPF 15 to the lips.
5. Philip B Chocolate Milk Body Wash and Bubble Bath: Chocolate Milk time means good clean fun!
6. SpaRitual Nail Lacquer – Shimmer Shrewd: A chocolate brown shimmer with superior shine, dry time and coverage.
SkinStore is excited to present the newest line to our skin care family, Skin Authority! Skin Authority has been in business for 10 years and has made great advancements in skin care. Building on the growth factor technologies used in SkinMedica and founding the AOX (antioxidant) technology used in SkinCeuticals, the team at Skin Authority has produced highly effective anti-aging products. Their motto is to live a healthy skin lifestyle.
There’s a product for every skin type and concern in this multi-functional product line. One of my favorite features is the Dry-Finish Technology. These products penetrate the skin leaving no residue and are very lightweight. All of the products in this line are truly effective. I saw instant results with the Dramatic Eye Lift, Wrinkle Reversing Serum and Moisturizing Lift Cream.
What impressed me the most is VitaD Fortified Illumination Duo. A high percentage of Americans have deficiency in vitamin D and don’t even know it. This can contribute to cancers, skin conditions such as rosacea and vitiligo and a host of other problems. The VitaD Topical Elixir helps deliver vitamin D to the skin and stimulates the body to make its own. But not only that, this multi-tasker firms and brightens. I noticed increased firmness upon the second application. I was very impressed, what girl doesn’t like to see results fast!?
Ever since I was a little girl I have been interested in skincare. I remember training myself when I was eight years old to sleep on my back to prevent getting wrinkles. So it’s only natural that I would grow up and become an esthetician. Being an esthetician at Skinstore we have access to some of the best skincare brands and products. I would like to share some of my all-time favorite products.
Honestly, I have not always been that great about wearing sunscreen. I felt like it was too thick and made my face look pasty plus my makeup wouldn’t stay on as well. I know sunscreen is the best product to use to protect your skin and prevent aging but sometimes it just didn’t seem worth it. Then I discovered SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50, LOVE! It is a lightweight sunscreen with a perfect sheer tint that evens out my skin tone. My makeup no longer melts off my face and lasts all day. I recommend that everyone try this sunscreen. It’s truly amazing!
There are so many serums out there that promise the world, it can be overwhelming at times! Which products actually live up to what they claim? The Arcona Instant Magic Reversal Serum is exactly what it states, it’s magic! It’s everything you would want out of a serum. It’s corrective, hydrating and preventative. When I apply this serum my skin is instantly transformed. If I had only one skin care product to use this would be it.
Lastly, I have been blessed with a skin condition called hyperkeratosis pilaris. That is the scientific name for “I have ugly red bumps on the back of my arms and thighs”. These bumps are caused by having a blockage in the hair follicle. I have tried so many exfoliating creams and even microdermabrasion treatments to get rid of the bumps. Everything I have tried has either taken too long or is too costly. However Jan Marini Bioglycolic Resurfacing Body Scrub is affordable, fast and you see amazing results. I even use it on my chest and back to help diminish signs of sun damage. It has a light citrus smell and doesn’t leave your shower gritty with scrub. It is the perfect product for body care.
So out of the millions of products I have stored away in my bathroom these three products are my absolute favorites. I swear by them!
This is for all you vegans and veggies out there that want to use products to fit your lifestyle. Here’s some info on some vegan and vegetarian products that SkinStore.com offers. For those of you that may be newer to the world of vegetarianism I have made it pretty simple to spot out products to suit your preferences.
Strictly vegan lines do not contain such ingredients as milk, honey, lanolin (substance derived from sheep’s wool) or any animal derived ingredients. Vegetarian skin care lines may include lactic acid or honey, however any other animal based ingredients such as squalene, fish oil, gelatin, carmine (pigment from a beetle), collagen, vitamin A, and glycerin will not be included as these are all animal by products.
A lot of makeup companies that are vegan use synthetic materials for their brushes instead of animal hair. This works well for vegans and people allergic to animals that may not be able to tolerate natural fibers.
Some alternatives to animal based ingredients include vegetable glycerin, soy and plant proteins, or almond and olive oil. Vitamin A alternatives include vegetables such as carrots, wheat germ oil or a synthetic form of Vitamin A.
The brands listed below are vegan or vegetarian:
Nuxe: Contains no animal ingredients, synthetic coloring agents, no mineral oils, and is lab tested and under dermatological supervision.
Duwop: Is vegan, no animal testing, and uses many different antioxidants to improve the look of your skin to enhance makeup application
Sparitual: 100% vegan. We love this line for their fun colors, earth friendly packaging, and great smelling products.
Juara: 100% vegetarian, no animal testing, contains no artificial colorants, paraben-free, no sulfates or pthalates.
Arcona-vegan (except for honey used in only a few products). This is one of my new favorite product lines. The smell, texture, and efficacy of the products are untouchable!
Juice Beauty: Is vegetarian and uses a lot of organic ingredients.
Melvita: Is vegetarian and organic
Colorscience: vegetarian and offers a wide range of natural sunscreens.
Jack Black: vegan except for beeswax and silk amino acids that are in some of their products. They are cruelty, color and fragrance free.
Anthony Logistics: They are vegan except for their lip balms which contain beeswax.
Some companies are either reformulating their products or coming out with products that are exclusively vegetarian to meet the needs of consumers. Vegetarian based products have proven not to be just a fad, but offer real results and are here to stay!
It is that time again, school is back in session for our young ones! That means that our schedules become crammed and our free time is drastically reduced. Time is money and finding shortcuts to your beauty needs is always in demand. So slide on your glasses, organize your schedules and look to some of the most convenient products to get you through the busy school season.
If you are stressed out, your hair is usually up in a mess or down and out of control. Who has the time or desire to do hair with so little time?! If your schedule is not too overloaded your hair is most likely styled and pretty. Bottom line is, the way your hair is styled and the time you have to manage it will be the determining factor to how it looks. We suggest trying products like dry shampoo (which absorbs the oils in your hair and adds instant volume to your style without having to wash everyday) and revitalizing/conditioning mists (which condition, detangle, and refresh hair to style or re-style). Some must have products in these categories include: Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo and Ojon Revitalizing Mist.
Back to school season means more exposure to germs and dirt. Make sure you pack some portable cleansing wipes into your supply kit. They can be used to remove dirt/ debris from during the day or makeup from late nights. Many different companies now make cleansing wipes and are easily accessible. A good eye product is also a necessity. Use an eye product which addresses multiple concerns such as puffiness, dark circles and dehydration. We absoluelty love Kerstin Florian Brightening Eye Creme. To keep your face hydrated, combat aging and provide sun protection try Vichy LiftActiv Retinol HA Day SPF 18 (hydrates, instantly smoothes out fine lines hydrates and has SPF).
Have some make-up kits or palettes close at hand! Palettes offer different color combos for quick last minute makeup application. To top off your time saving product arsenal look for all your favorite fragrances in roller ball bottles which are easy to apply and very travel friendly. You can’t go wrong with any of these products! With less worry in beauty regimen you can focus on all of the daily tasks at hand!
Avoiding foods because of their bad reputation? I would’ve thought your mom taught you better than that! You can’t believe everything that you hear or read. Here’s the lowdown on some of the most notorious foods, with surprising results!
Bad Rap: High in fat and calories (16 grams of fat and 188 calories per two tablespoons)
Fact: Nuts are a great source of heart healthy unsaturated fats and provide essential fatty acids. Peanut Butter also helps you feel satisfied longer, preventing cravings in between meals.
Bad Rap: High in fat (half of one has 14.8 grams)
Fact: Decreases the risk of heart disease because they are high in “good” monounsaturated fat. Avocado is also high in potassium, which is an important mineral for regulating blood pressure.
Bad Rap: Increases blood pressure, jittery side effect
Fact: Boosts energy and contains chlorogenic acid, which has been linked to preventing diabetes and Parkinson’s disease.
Bad Rap: Loaded with sugar
Fact: Packed with antioxidants, grape juice has similar health benefits to red wine. Studies have shown that it aides in lowering blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels. It also boosts memory and helps prevent aging.
Bad Rap: Often fried and loaded with butter or cheese make it an extremely unhealthy dish.
Fact: Without adding all of the high fat, high calories toppings, potatoes are surprisingly a low calorie food. Potatoes are high in fiber, vitamin C, and B6, and a mere 103 calories. Skip the sour cream and opt for a dollop of low fat yogurt for a fit alternative.
Bad Rap: Raise cholesterol levels and high in fat
Fact: Eggs are great sources of protein and low in calories. Plus, the American Dietetic Association found that people who ate eggs for breakfast had more energy and a lower body weight than those who ate a carb loaded meal.
Now that you know the truth, dig in. They all deserve a second chance!
As the summer rolls on we find ourselves gravitating toward vitamin C products that lighten, brighten, and tighten. But, are all Vitamin C products created equal?
One of the newest forms of Vitamin C, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is a stable, lipid soluble form. This type of Vitamin C is generally recognized by the skin better than a water soluble from of Vitamin C such as L-Ascorbic Acid.
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate has many benefits that help it stand out from the rest. This form of Vitamin C has been shown to stimulate the production of Glycosaminoglycans which are proteins that keep the skin hydrated. It’s gentle, so even people with the most sensitive skin can use it. And the stability of Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is about 18 months, which is longer than other forms of Vitamin C at about six months.
One of our favorite Vitamin C products with Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is SkinMedica Vitamin C Plus E Complex. This rejuvenating complex is formulated with 15% Vitamin C to help to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and sun spots while fighting the future damaging effects of the sun.
What’s your favorite Vitamin C product?