After a long day at the office or an even longer night out, the last thing you want to do is take off your make up, but we all know how important it is to maintain great skin. Here are a few of our favorite make up removers!
Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Makeup Remover; this multitasking product makes it impossible not to hit the pillow without a clean face! There is no need to rinse this product, designed after the popular European cleansing waters, simply apply to the face, neck and decollate with a cotton pad. This product can be used morning or night!
Vichy Purete Thermale Soothing Eye Makeup Remover; this product combines Thermal Spa Water and Vitamin B5 to provide intense hydration that removes make up without irritating or drying the skin. This is great for sensitive skin types or contact lens wearers.
Treat your skin like royalty with Sjal Saphir Concentrate Anti-Aging Face Oil! This powerful anti-aging serum is fit for a queen infused with Himalayan Blue Sapphires and Aquamarine! Each jar of the concentrate has been charged for more than three months by Blue Himalayan Sapphires and Aquamarines which have calming, clearing and anti-stress benefits. Blue Kashmir Sapphires from the Himalayan Mountains are considered the rarest blue sapphires in the world. Saphir concentrate contains 3 bioactive anti-aging complexes with a blend of more than 12 essential oils and Supra-3. Supra-3 is a proprietary anti-aging bioactive complex designed to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, increase elasticity, plump and revitalize skin. Sound amazing?! Enter our Facebook giveaway for your chance to win your very own! Simply click HERE to enter.
Find your new must have products for Spring in SkinStore’s newest Guide to Gorgeous. When it comes to beauty products, we all have our tried and true faves, but with the number of new products that appear every day, how can you be sure you’re not missing your next must–have?! Check out our Spring Guide to see what’s new, noteworthy and sure to become your latest go–to product.
Here are just a few that made the top of our list!
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Plus Retinol Fibroblast Anti-Aging Moistuizer - This delicious moisturizing cream is silky to the touch and leaves skin with a smooth finish. This moisturizer is packed with powerhouse ingredients to combat the signs of aging including fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin and discoloration. Ferulic Acid provides superior antioxidant protection and protects skin against sun damage while the Dr. Dennis Gross exclusive ECG complex boosts collagen and elastin production.
GlamGlow BRIGHTMUD Eye Treatment- BRIGHTMUD Eye Treatment is the first tap on and wipe off eye product. These single–use, sealed chrome cells are designed to give you instant results in just 3 minutes! This mud treatment helps to absorb toxins, reduce dark circles, minimize fine lines and cool the area helping to depuff the eye. People of all ages and skin types are welcome to take the 3 minute challenge.
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30- This luxurious oil–free moisturizer cream creates an invisible shield against environmental aggressors and guards against UVA and UVB damage. Extremely lightweight in texture, it glides on skin smoothly and evenly, leaving it soft, hydrated and radiant. Formulated with powerful anti–aging benefits and mineral sunscreens, it derives its natural color from antioxidant–rich, Astaxanthin. No tackiness or heaviness, it is the ultimate moisturizer with SPF.
You can find these and all of our other Spring faves on SkinStore.com!
Looking for a quick anti-aging pick me up?! Erno Laszlo TranspHuse Age Defying Mask is a unique and luxurious approach to anti-aging designed to target signs of aging. This mask saturates skin with moisture, reversing signs of aging and minimizing the appearance of fine lines. This formula firms, hydrates and rejuvenates lifeless skin by lifting impurities and toxins out, leaving skin refreshed and youthful.
Sound amazing?! Click HERE for your chance to win one of your very own! You can find this product on SkinStore.com.
1. Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power CX30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum : Camu Camu Brightening Serum helps to improve collagen production, brighten, smooth, firm, revitalize and improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles. The Amazonian Camu Camu berry has 30 times the Vitamin C of an orange. This highly concentrated Vitamin C has superior absorption properties due to its low molecular weight allowing it to better penetrate the skin. Powerful antioxidant Camu Camu with Vitamins A, D and E also helps revitalize the look of skin while helping to fight free radical attack.
2. SkinMedica Vitamin C Plus E Complex: This rejuvenating complex formulated with 15% Vitamin C, may help to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and sun spots while fighting the future damaging effects of the sun. A sophisticated delivery system utilizing a water soluble silicon gel, allowing the aqueous form of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) to be slowly released throughout the day. The lipid soluble form of Vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate) diffuses directly into the skin for antioxidant defense.
3. Jan Marini C-ESTA Serum: Jan Marini Skin Research C-ESTA Serum containing DAE Complex is the culmination of years of intensive medical research that has resulted in the first stabilized form of lipid soluble topically applied Vitamin C in a patented delivery vehicle combined with other essential factors. Studies show C-ESTA containing DAE Complex is able to create conditions in the skin that enable dramatic rejuvenation beyond any technology available. Within a short period of time the skin’s texture will begin to appear smoother and more supple. With continued use, the skin will become measurably firmer, more resilient, and facial contours will appear tighter and more defined. Deeper lines will appear far less pronounced, skin tones will even and the skin will appear noticeably younger and healthier.
4. ARCONA Youth Serum: This powerful anti-aging serum helps to prevent photo-aging, fine lines and loss of elasticity. This daytime treatment neutralizes the damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays, stimulates collagen and elastin growth with Vitamin C-rich L-ascorbic acid and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate.
5. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF: Phloretin CF represents a new class of preventive and corrective topical antioxidant treatment. After five years of extensive research, SkinCeuticals developed this patent-pending breakthrough technology combining the newly-discovered, broad-range power of Phloretin with Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid in a biodiverse formulation to divide and conquer sources of damage at every level. Phloretin CF, a broad-spectrum treatment, protects against not only free radicals, but the range of other reactive molecules known to cause damage and DNA mutations among the integral cell types. In addition, it corrects existing damage by stimulating the synthesis of essential proteins and fibers and accelerating cell turnover. The result — a strengthened support structure on the inside and a more youthful, firm, radiant appearance on the outside.
6. PCA SKIN C-Strength 15 Percent with 5 Percent Vitamin E: This stable and effective Vitamin C and E topical treatment minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and strengthens the skin by stimulating the fibroblasts to produce matrix proteins. This anhydrous formulation uses advanced vitamin suspension technology that keeps the 15% L-ascorbic acid protected and completely stable until applied to the skin.
Winter is a wonderful time to relax at home with family or travel. The dry climate can take its toll on your skin so it’s important to take the proper precautions and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! We often forget to use masks to help restore our skin, they are great treatments that don’t take that much time but will offer amazing results.
The Juara Avocado Banana Moisture Mask is an excellent moisture rich mask that will benefit dry, dehydrated skin. It uses avocado to nourish dry skin and banana which is rich in minerals to help soften and protect your skin’s natural moisture levels. This winter friendly mask also uses squalane and carrot seed oil to protect and hydrate even the most sensitive skin types. It is a great mask to use post procedure or while using a retinol or exfoliant, because it is soothing and hydrating.
The Juara Avocado Banana Moisture Mask is rich in texture, smells wonderful and feels even more amazing while on the skin. You can use this mask 1-2 times a week or as needed if you want to add a dose of moisture to your regimen. You will want to leave the mask on 10-15 minutes, or you can apply a very thin layer to your skin and leave on overnight. The results will be refreshing to your skin and soul!
Eczema is a common inflammatory skin condition which is characterized by dryness, flaking, blistering, crusting, swelling, and cracking of the skin. Eczema is typically caused by factors such as skin over-sensitivity, allergies, stress, and genetic factors. Those with asthma are more likely to develop eczema. Typically eczema is treated with a topical corticosteroid cream. Eczema skin types that are prone to infections will often be treated by a mild course of antibiotics. Antihistamines (topical and oral) may often be prescribed for the treatment of eczema as well. Antihistamines reduce swelling thus reducing the irritation and itchiness associated with eczema-prone skin. Eczema can be frustrating and embarrassing, and the doctor route can get costly and is quite unpleasant (why take antibiotics and slather on smelly prescription cream when most eczema outbreaks can be treated by appropriate over the counter products) Here are some great product choices that will help to treat, calm, and prevent eczema outbreaks:
La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water contains healing properties which help to restore the skin’s barrier while providing antioxidant benefits and removing traces of hard water (which contain heavy minerals that are irritating to the skin). The Thermal Spring Water can be spritzed on throughout the day when your skin craves moisture or feels dry and irritated. The fine mist will not disturb your make up but will make your skin look fresh and hydrated.
Skin prone to eczema can often feel taut and dry no matter how much moisturizer is slathered on. We recommend therapeutic moisturizers with skin-building properties that not only hydrate the skin but also strengthen the skin’s barrier. Using a serum under a cream can be beneficial to drawing moisture deeper into the skin. The Topix Citrix CRS 15% Serum with Growth Factor is a great serum to use under your cream as it contains Growth Factor TGF- beta-1 which can play a significant role in stimulating collagen growth and strong tissue structure. It also contains a bit of vitamin C to provide antioxidant protection. After applying a serum layer a cream for additional hydration. ATOPALM Intensive Moisturizing Cream is a great choice as it helps to restore the skin’s barrier function while soothing and hydrating. If your skin is extremely dry, try using a balm like the Osmotics Cream Extreme Barrier Repair, it looks like butter in the jar, but emulsifies into a fine balm once you warm it up in the palm of your hand. This product will last and last, and a tiny bit goes a long way to restore your skin’s compromised barrier.
Get rid of dead, flaky skin by exfoliating regularly with a non-irritating enzyme mask. Enzymes eat dead skin cells without compromising your skin’s barrier. The Tracie Martyn Enzyme Exfoliant is a great choice as it contains enzymes as well as skin brighteners and gently resurfaces the skin without irritating.
If you experience eczema break-outs on your body, we recommend using La Roche Posay body products to address your concerns. The La Roche Posay Lipikar Syndet is an outstanding non-drying foaming body wash that cleanses without irritation and neutralizes drying effects of hard water. The La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm AP is a rich hydrator that soothes the skin while providing dry-skin relief and hydration to last all day.
I hope these suggestions help! While eczema can not be cured you can often easily control it with soothing over-the-counter skin care products. And as always, if your skin condition worsens or becomes intolerant to over-the-counter products, consult your doctor for other treatment alternatives.
Be your own Valentine this year and treat yourself to some of our favorite most indulgent products. Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse for self-pampering. Here’s a few of our top choices this Valentine’s Day!
Clarisonic Mia Sonic Cleansing System-Pink is the perfect gift for you! It’s time to think beyond the washcloth and elevate cleansing to a sonic level. Traditional methods of cleansing don’t get your skin as clean as you’d think. Fortunately, the lead inventor of Sonicare discovered a breakthrough in how we cleanse. Clarisonic’s patented sonic technology works with skin’s natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities traditional methods leave behind—cleansing 6X better than your hands alone. In just 60 seconds, the sonic action removes impurities from pores so creams, serums and moisturizers absorb better. And with regular daily use you’ll notice a reduction in dry patches, oily areas and blemishes. Cleaner skin is healthier skin and healthier skin is more radiant and more beautiful.
Searching for the fountain of youth? Look no farther, Baby Quasar Plus-Pink is the ultimate anti-aging tool. The Baby Quasar PLUS is 25% more powerful than the original Baby Quasar and is the most advanced anti-wrinkle beauty tool available for home use. The Baby Quasar PLUS is cute, small and portable. However, don’t let the size fool you. Delivering professional-quality results, the Baby Quasar PLUS is the perfect fit for your lifestyle. You will achieve professional medical results while treating your skin only six minutes per day in the privacy of your own home.
Now including C-Factor technology, the Baby Quasar PLUS is the answer to reducing your unwanted periorbital wrinkles. Each Baby Quasar PLUS is hand made in the USA, enclosed in durable aluminum housing and comes standard with a five-year warranty.
Our last indulgent skin care pick is the NuFace Trinity and Wrinkle Reducer-Purple. Known as the 5 minute Face-Lift, this award winning FDA-cleared device delivers beautiful, unparalleled professional results in an easy to use at-home system. NuFace Trinity features a smart skin sensor and interchangeable attachments to enable a variety of spa-quality therapies. The NuFace Trinity comes standard with the Trinity Facial Trainer Attachment, which is built on the same microcurrent technology that made NuFace Classic the leading handheld facial toning device. With the microcurrent based Trinity Facial Trainer attached, the NuFace Trinity gently and effectively stimulates your skin to improve your appearance.
With the addition of the Wrinkle Reducer Treatment Head for added functionality, the NuFace Trinity will make it even easier to achieve beautiful results in as little as 5 minutes a day. Trinity’s included Microcurrent Facial Trainer attachment easily removes and is interchangeable with the Trinity Wrinkle Reducer treatment head – used to perform photo light therapy treatments to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin texture.
You heard our faves, now we want to know yours! If money was not a factor, what product would you treat yourself to this Valentine’s Day?
Deep wrinkles? No problem! Murad’s Time Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinklesis a targeted triple-action wrinkle- fighting treatment that features sustained release technology to provide concentrated power on your major areas of concern. It works to visibly reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles by 45% in 6 weeks!*
Time Release Retinol combines Encapsulated Retinol with Matrixyl Synthe’6, a youth building peptide that helps rebuild damaged collagen to plump creases and crow’s feet, and Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide-3 to attract and maintain essential moisture for a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Time Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinkles is part of Murad’s Age Reform line which is designed to reveal younger looking skin, Age Reform products are scientifically advanced anti-aging formulas created to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, restore resilience and firmness, refine texture and improve tone. Time Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinkles can be used with all Murad lines and in conjunction with other anti-aging products for an added, concentrated boost precisely where it’s needed.
For your chance to win this amazing product click HERE to enter our giveaway! You can also purchase this product on SkinStore.com.
*Performed by an independent study, results may vary)