Are you on the prowl to reverse the signs of aging in your eye region? Well look no further Topix Replenix All Trans Retinol Eye Repair Cream is the eye cream to address your needs. This eye product contains retinol; retinol is a magic anti-aging ingredient that helps to fight fine lines and wrinkles. Retinol is derived from the Vitamin A family; the A stands for awesome of course! Vitamin A helps not only fight aging skin, but also makes your skin as smooth as a baby’s bottom. So as you can see Topix Replenix All Trans Retinol Eye Repair Cream is a product that will take your eyes from drab to fab! It also contains a great peptide blend, encourages draining under the eyes, discourages puffiness and also addresses fine lines and wrinkles. Green Tea Polyphenols provide anti-inflammatory benefits and antioxidant protection to the delicate area around the eyes.
While using an eye cream containing retinol is great for treating wrinkles, it can make your delicate skin more susceptible to sun damage. Protection is key! We highly suggest using SkinCeuticals Physical Eye UV Defense SPF 50 in addition. It delivers a new standard in eye care, this daily, high protection, non-migrating, 100% mineral base defends, enhances and optimizes the entire eye area. Formulated specifically for the unique structure of the thinner and more sensitive skin around the eye, Physical Eye UV Defense provides broad spectrum SPF 50 protection without migrating into the eyes and causing irritation.
1. Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power CX30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum : Camu Camu Brightening Serum helps to improve collagen production, brighten, smooth, firm, revitalize and improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles. The Amazonian Camu Camu berry has 30 times the Vitamin C of an orange. This highly concentrated Vitamin C has superior absorption properties due to its low molecular weight allowing it to better penetrate the skin. Powerful antioxidant Camu Camu with Vitamins A, D and E also helps revitalize the look of skin while helping to fight free radical attack.
2. SkinMedica Vitamin C Plus E Complex: This rejuvenating complex formulated with 15% Vitamin C, may help to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and sun spots while fighting the future damaging effects of the sun. A sophisticated delivery system utilizing a water soluble silicon gel, allowing the aqueous form of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) to be slowly released throughout the day. The lipid soluble form of Vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate) diffuses directly into the skin for antioxidant defense.
3. Jan Marini C-ESTA Serum: Jan Marini Skin Research C-ESTA Serum containing DAE Complex is the culmination of years of intensive medical research that has resulted in the first stabilized form of lipid soluble topically applied Vitamin C in a patented delivery vehicle combined with other essential factors. Studies show C-ESTA containing DAE Complex is able to create conditions in the skin that enable dramatic rejuvenation beyond any technology available. Within a short period of time the skin’s texture will begin to appear smoother and more supple. With continued use, the skin will become measurably firmer, more resilient, and facial contours will appear tighter and more defined. Deeper lines will appear far less pronounced, skin tones will even and the skin will appear noticeably younger and healthier.
4. ARCONA Youth Serum: This powerful anti-aging serum helps to prevent photo-aging, fine lines and loss of elasticity. This daytime treatment neutralizes the damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays, stimulates collagen and elastin growth with Vitamin C-rich L-ascorbic acid and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate.
5. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF: Phloretin CF represents a new class of preventive and corrective topical antioxidant treatment. After five years of extensive research, SkinCeuticals developed this patent-pending breakthrough technology combining the newly-discovered, broad-range power of Phloretin with Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid in a biodiverse formulation to divide and conquer sources of damage at every level. Phloretin CF, a broad-spectrum treatment, protects against not only free radicals, but the range of other reactive molecules known to cause damage and DNA mutations among the integral cell types. In addition, it corrects existing damage by stimulating the synthesis of essential proteins and fibers and accelerating cell turnover. The result — a strengthened support structure on the inside and a more youthful, firm, radiant appearance on the outside.
6. PCA SKIN C-Strength 15 Percent with 5 Percent Vitamin E: This stable and effective Vitamin C and E topical treatment minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and strengthens the skin by stimulating the fibroblasts to produce matrix proteins. This anhydrous formulation uses advanced vitamin suspension technology that keeps the 15% L-ascorbic acid protected and completely stable until applied to the skin.
We can all agree that tanned skin gives you a healthy glow. In fact it makes you look a little more lean and toned too. Whether you are a tanning connoisseur or have resigned yourself to being on the fairer side, there is a self-tanning product for you!
The easiest are tan towels. They look like large wet naps. They come in different sizes. They have ones just for the face, a half body towel, and a full size body towel. Facial tan towels are great for a pick-me-up to look smashing for an event. Half body towels are great maintenance towels to keep up your tan. Full body towels are great to start with to get the all-over glow. Just rub these babies in circular motions all over your body. Have someone help you with your back. You will see an instant shine that will deepen in a few hours. The brand called Tan Towel makes a 3-in1 towel that exfoliates, tans and moisturizes in one. These are designed to give you a deep tan, but you can control it. If you want to just get rid of the blinding white light coming from your skin, like me, just use it a few times. My favorite tan towels are Kate Somerville Somerville360 Body Self Tanning Towelettes they come in a 2-pack or an 8-pack. Quick and easy. Just takes a few minutes to dry and won’t transfer on your clothes.
Tanning Gel, Mousse, or Cream are all no-drip options that will help you tap into your inner bronze goddess. These all work basically the same. Massage in until completely absorbed. Layer another coat every few hours until you are the shade you desire. Some come with a mitt, which is helpful to avoid tanned palms. Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Gel is rated 5 stars out of 5 by our customers. This will leave your skin smooth with no lingering scent. Want a dark, long-lasting tan?
And last but not least, for an instant, just came from the beach appearance, you want Tan Spray! These are best applied while you are outside or in a dry shower. Simply shake and spray in small circles to get even, all-over coverage. Rodial’s Brazilian Tan Airbrush is sure to make you over in a seconds,
Exfoliate and moisturize your skin before applying tanning products. This will help your tan go on better and last longer.
Use sparingly on elbows, knees (front and back) and ankles. It takes less product to shade these areas.
Don’t forget to tan the areas that will make your tan look natural. If you tan your face, don’t forget your ears. If you tan your legs, don’t forget your feet and especially that easy-to-miss achilles heel.
Looking to protect and correct with one of the best antioxidants on the market? Prevage Anti-Aging Daily Serum by Elizabeth Arden has advanced Idebenone technology to create a reserve within the skin releasing protective and corrective benefits when and where skin needs it most. With continued use, skin’s resilience is fortified allowing skin to fight the effects of environmental aggressors and dramatically improve the look of sun-damaged skin.
Sound amazing?! Enter our Facebook giveaway for a chance to win one of your very own. Click HERE to enter. You can find Prevage on SkinStore.com.
- 69% improvement in the look of photo-damaged skin.
- 69% improvement in skin’s overall appearance.
**For face products, environmental protection is against oxidative stress due to sun, smoke and pollution, with Idebenone compared to alpha lipoic acid, kinetin, vitamin C, vitamin E and coenzyme Q10. EPF® and Environmental Protection Factor™ are certification marks and trademarks owned by Pharma Cosmetix Research, L.L.C.
**Consumer test conducted on 102 women age 25-65 over 4 weeks.
Summer season is upon us and the urge to wear those shorts and skirts is something all women look forward to, well most do. If you are like 60% of the US population, you probably have some areas on your body that cause you to keep those long pants and sleeves on to avoid embarrassment.
Whether your concern is spider or varicose veins on your legs, unsightly stretch marks or that embarrassing Dolphin tattoo on your back, we hear your cries! Many women feel immense shame and discomfort about their imperfections, to the point of hiding under layers of clothing. Fret (and sweat) no more, Dermablend Professional has got you covered with our Leg & Body Cover!
Leg & Body Cover utilizes high performance technology by depositing high purity pigments in a medium coverage body foundation. Leg & Body Cover will improve skin tone shades and texture to deliver a flawless look while staying in place for 16 hours of consistent color wear. What’s best of all is Leg & Body Cover feels natural and comfortable all day! Going to the beach? Not a problem! Simply use Dermablend’s Setting Powder to lock in the product, keeping it water and sweat resistant for 16 hours!
Depending on the area you’re covering, the application will vary. See tips below!
- Want to bare your legs without embarrassing spider veins or scars? Simply smooth Dermablend’s Leg & Body Cover on your legs for smooth and beautiful skin! Tip: When applying to the legs, use downward strokes (think opposite direction of shaving legs) as it will lay even and smoother on the skin providing flawless finish and SPF 15!
- Covering dark stretch marks? Apply Leg & Body Cover with a sponge and gently tap over the area to build coverage. Smooth the edges out and see your stretch marks disappear! Then follow with setting powder to keep it smudge proof, water resistant and in place for 16 hours!
- Want to cover your embarrassing tattoo? No problem! We have two options for you. For large tattoo’s use Dermablend’s Leg & Body Cover! Simply tap over the area with a sponge to build coverage, smooth edges with a foundation brush or fingertips. Let it dry for 5-8 minutes to ensure proper color (shade will deepen as it dries). Use a touch of Dermablend’s Setting Powder to lock in place for 16 hours, no smudging and you can even swim in it! Tip: Still seeing your tattoo peak through? Just add an additional layer of Leg & Body Cover and you will see it disappear!
For smaller, localized tattoos or areas that need coverage, try Dermablend’s NEW Quick-Fix Body! This new body foundation stick is ideal to conceal localized areas on the body. Simply tap Quick-Fix Body into the area needing coverage and smooth it out with fingertips or a brush. Simply use Dermablend’s Setting Powder to lock in the product, keeping it water and sweat resistant for 16 hours! Easy to use and travel with! Use it alone, or with Leg & Body Cover for ultimate coverage.
So go ahead, bare that skin with confidence! Dermablend has got you covered!
Need more proof? Just take a look at these amazing before and after pictures! You can find Dermablend on SkinStore.com.
Check out this video for a closer look on how amazing Dermablend is!
If you are feeling the burn and need some relief make sure to reach for one of these great aloe based products. Aloe is known as the “First Aid plant” for its healing powers for such ailments as wounds, burns, swelling, redness and irritation. Here are a few of our favorite aloe packed products:
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque; this lightweight cooling gel combines soothing whole Aloe Leaf, Cucumber Extract and Matricaria oil to hydrate and calm all skin types. It can even be used under the eye area as well as in the treatment from. This masque is perfect for post electrolysis as well.
Hampton Sun Hydrating Aloe Continuous Mist offers a 360 degree spray offers relief to even the hardest to reach places. Hampton Sun blends hydrating vitamin E with Aloe Leaf Juice to penetrate the skin without leaving a greasy, oily residue.
ASAP Gentle Cleansing Gel is a great soap-free cleanser with White Tea Extract and Aloe Leaf extract to remove oil and make up without stripping the skin’s natural oils. Be aware this cleanser won’t offer a lather but is formulated for all skin types especially sensitive or sensitized skin.
Are you feeling the heat? Are you overdone from too much fun in the sun or were you overzealous with your new at home peel? After you have reached for your common cold compress or aloe vera, it’s important to keep your newly sensitized skin from flaring up.
The Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser is a great for reducing inflammation, redness, tightness, stinging and sensitivity all while cleansing your skin. Murad uses a patented gel rich with Gogi Berry extract to protect the skin and spherical beads to slough away the dead, dry skin without irritating the skin. This product delivers a rush of cooling sensation while washing away impurities. The Soothing Gel Cleanser can be used when needed to treat conditions like sun burn and chemical burn or as an everyday cleanser for the most sensitive of skin conditions like severe acne, rosacea or psoriasis.
The weather is warming up which generally leads to more oil production and more perspiration. There is nothing worse than feeling like an oil slick half way through the day so we have compiled a list of our favorite mattifying products to give you a flawless, airbrushed finish.
The Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel is great for both men and women! This potent, oil-absorbing gel can be used by itself or in conjunction with an SPF or your favorite moisturizer to ensure hydration without overproduction of oil. This is also a great make up primer to use all year round!
If you are looking for a mattifying product to combat the melting effect of the summer sun but don’t classify yourself as an oily skin type, the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Anti-Aging Mattifying Lotion is perfect for you! Formulated with apple stem cells and other powerful anti-aging ingredients work to improve the appearance with fine lines and wrinkles while the oil-free lotion controls oil and shine.
Just because you have dry skin does not always mean you are a matte finish. The skin can often purge excess oil to combat the lack of moisture in the skin thus creating a phenomenon of dry-oily skin. BABOR has the answer with their Baborganic Pure Mattifying Cream. This product has the consistency of a cream while reducing sebum production where it counts and hydrating where it is needed.
Roses have long been admired for their enchanting beauty and fragrance. However they have many more benefits than their looks alone. Rose oil has been used for centuries in skincare and is suitable for all skin types.
Rose oil is most beneficial for individuals with sensitive, dry or aging skin. It aides in reducing redness, boosting circulation, increasing elasticity, strengthening capillary walls and provides an astringent effect. Some of the most popular roses used in skincare are Musk rose, Damask rose, Dog rose, and French rose. The benefits of the rose are numerous and it comes with a costly price tag. In order to extract just one drop of rose oil it takes approximately 30 roses!
Some of our favorite Rose products are:
1.NEW! Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask: Cutting-edge plant biotechnology isolates and replicates the perfect rose stem cells for maximum anti-age repair. With state-of-the-art, 21st century breakthrough stem cell technology, five rose stem cells are blended with four rose extracts in a cooling, rejuvenating gel to help stimulate cell turnover for younger looking skin. Helps repair the signs of aging, including the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, dehydration, dullness and sagging as it strengthens and tones the look of skin. Reveals silky soft, radiant, beautiful and youthful-looking skin.
2. Tammy Fender Bulgarian Rose Water: Exquisite and pure, the rejuvenating effects of Bulgarian Rose Water strengthen and tone the delicate tissues of the skin, balancing and restoring vital chi (energy). Rose Water leaves the complexion supple and revitalized.
3. Dermelect Resurface Stem Cell Reconstructing Serum: This skin-perfecting serum utilizes extracted stem cells of the Swiss Alpine Rose. Known as nature’s mysterious wonder, the Alpine Rose is characterized for its resilient and resurgent ability to flourish in the most unfavorable conditions- high oxidative, UV stress and environmental aggressors. Dermelect Resurface Stem Cell Reconstructing Serum is the first to feature this dual function stem cell technology to boost the facial skin stem cell activity and help stimulate skin’s protein production.
4. Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Moisturizing Cream Mask: A high-performance, luxurious, smoothing mask to deeply replenish moisture, protect against environmental damage and provide instant luminosity to tired, dull skin. May also be used as an overnight hydration boost.
5. NEW! Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Revitalising Gel-Lotion: An ultra-lightweight water-gel emulsion featuring ‘nature’s alternative to Hyaluronic Acid to help protect against environmental aggressors and boost moisture levels in the skin. The highly unique texture absorbs easily and creates a natural, flexible film to restore dehydrated skin to its optimal hydrated state. Rich in essential fatty acids such as Omega-3 and Omega-6.
Skin cancer is a widely spread type of cancer that affects millions of people each year. The most common form of cancer is melanoma and it is caused from the sun. There are four basic categories of melanoma which includes: superficial spreading, lentigo maligna, acral lentiginous, and nodular melanoma. The most common form is superficial spreading melanoma. Other types of skin cancers are basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. By protecting yourself, especially from the hours of 10:00am to 4:00 pm, you can greatly lower your risk because this is when the sun’s rays are the strongest. Each time your skin burns you are damaging your DNA, which can greatly increase your chances of getting skin cancer. In fact if you have had five or more sunburns at any age of your life, the risk of you getting melanoma doubles. It is important to be able to recognize the signs of melanoma because early detection means a greater chance of survival and recovery. The first sings of skin cancer are usually atypical moles, so it is important to be able to recognize a potential problem.
Here’s a simple guide to help you spot melanoma is using the ABCDE method:
A= Asymmetry: Melanoma is typically irregular in shape, where as benign (non cancerous) moles are usually round.
B= Border: This is where the outside edges of the mole are not smooth; they appear to be jagged or have notched edges.
C= Color: This one can be tricky because melanoma can look like many shades of brown. The main difference is melanoma will have many shades of brown in one mole and not be one solid color like benign moles. Also if the mole is very dark (almost black), with uneven and jagged edges you may want to get it checked out.
D= Diameter: Typically melanoma lesions are more than ¼ inches wide. As a reference this is about the size of a pencil eraser. If your mole is larger then this, you may want to consult a dermatologist.
E= Evolving: If there is any change in the size, color, or shape this may be potentially dangerous. Also if you have any other symptoms such as bleeding, itching, or crusting of the area you will want to have it looked at by a medical professional.
The most common areas that melanoma can be found are on the torso, head, neck, and lower legs. It is suggested that you check your skin every 6-8 weeks on your own for suspicious moles. It is also important to make an appointment with your dermatologist to do a full body mole check once a year. Especially if you have had cancer in the past, you are more susceptible to getting it again. Also if you have a family history of cancer, this could greatly increase the risk of developing melanoma. If your doctor has any suspicions that a mole may be cancerous, they may perform a biopsy to better determine the outcome.