Eye shadow palettes are the perfect tools for us ladies that love to get dolled up. Palettes give you an assortment of great pigments at a lower price. Now that summer is here, let’s highlight those beautiful eyes with some bright colors! The perfect palette for summer is Stila In The Garden Eye Shadow Palette. This easy-to-use pallet is filled with beautiful bright shimmery colors, mixed with a few neutrals for a complete look.
In the Garden Eye Shadow Palette is a stunning collection of 10 shades of Stila’s award-winning eye shadows in wearable, botanical-inspired shades for every skin tone.
The palette also includes an exclusive Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Starfish (black with gold and green pearl), and an 8-page look book with detailed how-to tips and tricks.
Are you feeling the heat? Are you overdone from too much fun in the sun or were you overzealous with your new at home peel? After you have reached for your common cold compress or aloe vera, it’s important to keep your newly sensitized skin from flaring up.
The Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser is a great for reducing inflammation, redness, tightness, stinging and sensitivity all while cleansing your skin. Murad uses a patented gel rich with Gogi Berry extract to protect the skin and spherical beads to slough away the dead, dry skin without irritating the skin. This product delivers a rush of cooling sensation while washing away impurities. The Soothing Gel Cleanser can be used when needed to treat conditions like sun burn and chemical burn or as an everyday cleanser for the most sensitive of skin conditions like severe acne, rosacea or psoriasis.
The weather is warming up which generally leads to more oil production and more perspiration. There is nothing worse than feeling like an oil slick half way through the day so we have compiled a list of our favorite mattifying products to give you a flawless, airbrushed finish.
The Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel is great for both men and women! This potent, oil-absorbing gel can be used by itself or in conjunction with an SPF or your favorite moisturizer to ensure hydration without overproduction of oil. This is also a great make up primer to use all year round!
If you are looking for a mattifying product to combat the melting effect of the summer sun but don’t classify yourself as an oily skin type, the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Anti-Aging Mattifying Lotion is perfect for you! Formulated with apple stem cells and other powerful anti-aging ingredients work to improve the appearance with fine lines and wrinkles while the oil-free lotion controls oil and shine.
Just because you have dry skin does not always mean you are a matte finish. The skin can often purge excess oil to combat the lack of moisture in the skin thus creating a phenomenon of dry-oily skin. BABOR has the answer with their Baborganic Pure Mattifying Cream. This product has the consistency of a cream while reducing sebum production where it counts and hydrating where it is needed.
Looks like makeup, but acts like skin care! Hydroxatone Anti-Aging BB Cream is your “go-to” multi-functional product for a natural, “no makeup”, flawless-looking complexion. This one-step perfecting cream moisturizes, reduces the look of lines and wrinkles, visibly corrects uneven skin tone, minimizes the appearance of imperfections, and protects the skin from oxidative stress.
-Leaves skin looking brighter, smoother and younger.
-Protects skin with broad spectrum SPF 40.
-Available in three different shades to flatter any skin tone.
-Can be used by all skin types.
Sound amazing?! Enter our Facebook giveaway for a chance to win one of your very own! Click HERE to enter.
Do you suffer from extremely oily skin? Come noon is your face shiny like a disco ball? I also suffer from this common condition and have found an instant fix *insert drum roll here* MATTIFIERS! Yes, using a mattifier gives your face an immediate matte appearance guaranteed to block shine for several hours. The great thing about mattifiers is that they can be used under make-up as a primer, alone for flawless matte skin or applied on top of makeup for a midday touch up.
Here’s a list of our top 5 mattifiers:
1. Dermelect Pore Revolution and T Zone Mattifier: Dermelect Pore Revolution and T-Zone Mattifier is a revolutionary, powdery cream that works instantly to control shine and reduce large, clogged pores resulting in fresh, pure, matte skin with a velvety-soft feel. Specifically developed for the midface and T-zone areas.
2. B. Kamins Corrective Mattifier: This purifying and sebum reducing product contains ingredients that leave skin feeling fresher and cleaner with an all-day matte finish. Soothing anti-inflammatory ingredients are also included to help ease discomfort from acne breakouts.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel: This advanced mattifying gel is formulated with powerful oil-absorbing, pore minimizing ingredients. Absorbs and controls excess oil on contact without stripping natural moisture. This fast acting gel helps make-up stay fresher longer and creates a lasting, satiny matte finish without looking cakey. Eliminates unsightly breakthrough shine for hours. Also ideal for a man’s shiny face and scalp.
4. Stila Stay All Day Prime and Anti-Shine Balm: This versatile, cream-to-powder formula smoothes skin imperfections, minimizes pores, evens skin tone, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and controls oil production. A silky, translucent crystal finish catches and reflects light, diffusing imperfections for a perfectly smooth and even skin tone. Makeup glides on with ease and sets for long-lasting, high-definition results. When used in place of a powder, it absorbs excess oil, eliminates shine.
5. La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen: For the 1st time, Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with sunscreen combines broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and powerful antioxidants in a primer that provides a blurring effect on skin. This innovative skincare product provides instant optical correction of aging and daily prevention of aging caused by the sun.
You can find these amazing products on SkinStore.com! Get ready to say buh-bye to shine!
Meet the newest device NuFACE has added to their anti-aging powerhouse! NuFACE mini is a petite, portable and powerful microcurrent facial toning device that’s FDA-cleared for facial stimulation. This natural, non-invasive solution uses microcurrent, a soft wave technology to target the core of the aging-process in order to improve facial contour, skin tone and reduce wrinkles. NuFACE mini gently stimulates the larger surface areas of the face–such as the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline–to provide a five-minute facial-lift and help improve your appearance.
NuFACE mini is designed for the woman on-the-go with its convenient and travel-friendly size. It comes with a re-chargeable battery and compact power adapter. You only need 5 minutes a day to achieve visible results.
The price of the NuFACE mini is very affordable, which makes this a perfect starter solution for anyone looking for an introduction to microcurrent technology. The mini is for all skin types and anyone wanting a cutting-edge solution to help improve their overall appearance.
The NuFACE mini was built on the same microcurrent technology as the popular NuFACE Trinity Facial Trainer. However, the mini is more petite and portable. The mini delivers microcurrent only and does not offer various treatment attachment options like the NuFACE Trinity multi-solution device.
The NuFACE mini really is microcurrent technology made simple!
3 Easy Steps
1. PREP: Cleansed skin and apply the NuFACE Primer
2. LIFT: Glide the NuFACE mini over face as directed.
3. FINISH: Remove NuFACE primer with a damp cloth.
Summer is here which means balancing work, vacations, and kids which can leave you looking and feeling exhausted. Wake up tired eyes with Juice Beauty’s Stem Cellular Instant Eye Lift! The perfect product to use day or night to rid yourself of dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines .
The Stem Cellular Instant Eye Lift is an easy to use, two step process that lifts, contours, plumps, and hydrates the under eye area in just 10 minutes. All you have to do is pour the Stem Cellular Activator Fluid on the pure marine algae Eye Mask and apply to the under eye area. Leave the Mask on for 10 minutes before removing. You’ll see instant results!
Here’s how it works:
-Algae delivers calcium ions to help rejuvenate skin.
-A blend of Vitamin C and fruit stem cells infused into organic resveratrol-rich grape seed base radically firms and helps prevent wrinkles.
-Increases cellular osmotic stimulation to improve skin hydration.
-Encourages cell renewal with concentrated algae biomatrix technology.
-Reduces the appearance of puffiness around eyes with organic cucumber, white tea, and arnica extracts.
-Brightens with Vitamin C
-Firms the delicate eye area and fights free radicals with a proprietary blend of apple, grape, and lemon fruit stem cells infused into a resveratrol-rich grape seed.
-Hydrates and refreshes with organic aloe and algae.
-Encourages supple skin texture with hyaluronic acid and chamomile.
Clinically Validated Results:
A Clinically Validated Study showed immediate visible results after one application:
80% marked plumping & smoothing of the skin
70% visible wrinkle reduction
85% revitalized feeling
60% increased skin hydration
27% reduction in wrinkle & line depth
So give yourself a 10 minute break. Great to use before Girls Night Out or that big meeting. Perfect for date night, an in-home spa day, or anywhere, anytime. It’s the anytime pick-me-up!
Want to see even more results? Pair the Instant Eye Lift with our Stem Cellular Eye Treatment for long lasting benefits. You can find these products on SkinStore.com!
Many of us ladies love to shave. Nothing beats the feeling of soft, smooth, newly shaved skin, but we all know the down side of shaving… INGROWN HAIR! Those pesky hairs are almost impossible to get rid of… well so it seems! The best way to get rid of them and prevent future ingrown hair is to exfoliate. Both chemical and physical exfoliation are needed to achieve silky smooth, ingrown free skin.
Chemical exfoliation is a great way of exfoliating because it uses active ingredients like Retinol, Glycolic or Lactic acid to eat away dead skin. It works like little pacmen eating away dead skin build up and calms existing breakouts. Physical exfoliation is great because it gives you an instant soft feeling and buffs away dead skin cells to reveal fresh new skin. It also helps to lift up embedded hairs that are trapped beneath inflamed skin. When both exfoliation methods are combined, viola you have the cure to ingrown hair! Now don’t get discouraged if you do not see a change overnight! If you stay consistent you will see great improvement within about a month when exfoliating 3-4 times a week.
Here are my top picks for pesky ingrown hair!
1. Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel: FirmX Peeling Gel visibly rolls, lifts and sweeps away dead skin cells when massaged into skin. Multi-action enzymes (Pineapple, Pomegranate and Keratinase) and Cellulose effectively peel and help uncover a smooth, fresh, new complexion without drying, irritating or causing undue stress to skin.
2. Juara Rice Facial Scrub: This softening facial scrub cleanses and exfoliates in one convenient application. Perfectly round, fine exfoliating beads gently free skin from dead surface cells, revealing fresh, radiant skin, while mild, natural cleansing agents remove dirt and make-up without drying out the skin.
3. Jan Marini Bioglycolic Resurfacing Body Scrub: Bioglycolic Resurfacing Body Scrub offers superb retexturizing benefits for all body skin types. This scrub combines Glycolic Acid and polished granules to provide an exception level of body skin rejuvenation. Experience immediate and unparalleled softness and tone.
You can find these amazing products on SkinStore.com! Happy Shaving!
As we move into summer, our skin needs a good cleanse to remove the dead skin we have accumulated through the winter months. But remember, there is too much of a good thing! Don’t over exfoliate in your haste for fresher looking skin. Mechanical exfoliants like scrubs with nuts, ground coffee or gritty materials as well as chemical exfoliants should only be used 2-3 times a week. If you are looking for a gentle exfoliant, we recommend the Nuxe Fondant Gentle Body Scrub.
2. Wash your pillowcases!
Make the most out of your beauty sleep! Since the summer heat brings perspiration and in turn, more oil production for most people we recommend changing your pillowcase every 3 days or so to ensure they aren’t harboring any pimple causing bacteria or irritants.
*Bonus tip: Try a satin pillowcase to ensure your blowout lasts longer! No one likes blow drying in the summer!
3. Clean your cellphone!
Ever wonder why one side of your face is breaking out? Clean that cell phone! This should be done all year round but especially in the summer time, we suggest carrying some wipes in your purse to give your cellphone a good cleanse and prevent breakouts.
4. Hydrate throughout the day!
Even if you are an oilier skin type, it is important to stay hydrated throughout the day. A small bottle of hydrating mist is great to look fresh when the temperature rises. We suggest the Avene Thermal Spring Water in the 1.7 oz size which is perfect for the office, gym bag or purse.
5. Wash your hair often!
Most women know the benefit of a good blow out and if you color your hair, you may be less inclined to wash every day. Washing more often in the summer can prevent breakouts where your hair may be touching your skin like neck, back and forehead. Hair products and perspiration don’t always mix so consider amping up your shampoos to every other day. For a squeaky clean finish, try the Frederic Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo.
You can find all of these amazing products on SkinStore.com!
Spring has officially arrived — it actually hit the 70° mark the other day! I was excited to finally wear a dress without stockings…until I realized how unprepared my skin was. Thanks to being totally bundled up all winter, my skin looked pasty, sallow, and dull.
Enter Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare. Their Alpha Beta Glow Pads are my go-to in the summer, but for now, I wanted something a little less pigment-packed and a little more gradual. The brand new Alpha Beta Glotion for Body fit the bill. NYC dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross created this lightweight, oil-free body moisturizer for his patients who wanted healthy, glowing skin that was also refreshed and hydrated. Not only does Glotion for Body provide natural, time-released color with Encapsulated DHA, but it provides anti-aging, exfoliating benefits with Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid. These two acids help resurface the skin for more youthful texture and tone while improving absorption of Hyaluronic Acid, locking in moisture. The formula even contains Caffeine, which is known to help firm and tone the appearance of skin. All these benefits combined will ensure skin perfectly prepared for warmer weather and higher hemlines.