Archive for the ‘Product Commentaries’ Category
The big day is almost here! It’s time to make your list and check it twice. We have a few suggestions for the skincare fanatic and beauty guru on your list.
1. Philosophy Glowing Days Ahead $89- The best gift you can give this season is philosophy skin care. festive favorites features their bestselling skin care for all skin types, designed to help you achieve radiantly clear, beautifully bright and impeccably smooth skin.
2. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Duo $54- Alterna’s Caviar Moisture line balances moisture levels, delivering youthful shine and silkiness. The line goes beyond simple moisture by helping hair attract, retain, and rebalance the hydration it needs.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Rose Anti-Aging 3-Piece Kit with Signature Bag $49- Cutting-edge plant biotechnology isolates and replicates the perfect rose stem cells for maximum anti-age repair. With state-of-the-art, 21st century breakthrough stem cell technology, five rose stem cells–rose commiphora, desert rose, damas rose, pale rose and white rose–are blended with four rose extracts–rosa damascena, rosa canina, rose hip seed and rose water–as well as glycolic acid, to help repair signs of aging including the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, skin texture and dullness. Regenerating facial cleansing gel effectively clears skin of impurities and sweeps away dead surface skin cells that can dull the complexion. Rose water adds a light, delicate scent. Leaves skin clean, purified, silky soft, rejuvenated, beautiful and youthful-looking.
4. Caudalie Premier Cru Anti-Aging Set $99- This glamorous anti-aging set treats all signs of aging: wrinkles, firmness, dark spots and hydration thanks to an exclusive blend of all the Caudalie patents and the most high-performance active ingredients. The Eye Cream helps with fine lines, dark circles and puffiness, while The Cream deeply regenerates the skin and restores its density.
5. Bliss Crown Jewels $45- A luxurious selection of Bliss’s top selling cleansing, revitalizing, toning and smoothing sensations.
Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays from all of us at SkinStore.com!
Stumped on what to fill your loved ones stocking with this holiday season? We have some great ideas that will keep your family, friends and wallet happy!
Philosophy Hands of Hope Ornament $10.00 1 oz- Hope comes in small packages. hands of hope ornament features philosophy’s hand and cuticle cream in purse-size, for a hopeful yet festive way to give back to those with helping hands. hands of hope moisturizes and smoothes dry hands and rough cuticles with shea butter and a blend of natural oils, leaving hands feeling silky soft. it’s the perfect gift for your hairdresser, housekeeper or manicurist. the clear ornament packaging adds a unique holiday touch, while allowing you to see what’s inside, and comes with a gift tag for easy gift giving.
Molton Brown Body Wash Festive Bauble $15.00 2.5 oz in assorted scents- Merry and bright – a Christmas delight. Hang your bauble filled with Molton Brown’s signature scented body washes, sparkling from the tree (or your shower) this festive season. Dainty. Glowing. Jolly.
Butter LONDON Clockwork Couture Lacquer Set $28.00- High-fashion classics never go out of style, so rock your brilliant crème lacquer with a touch of sparkle. Layering textures and gorgeous crèmes make this lacquer set a must-have for the holidays.
BareMinerals Afternoon Delights Lasting Line Eyeliner Collection $29.00- This collection of Lasting Line™ Long-Wearing Eyeliners includes five must-have daytime shades for strikingly beautiful eye looks that last. Each wearable shade glides on a precise line for maximum color intensity—every day.
Philosophy Sugar Plum Fairy Shampoo, Shower Gel and Bubble Bath $17.00- Make a holiday wish as you lather with sugar plum fairy shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath. sugar plum fairy is a holiday favorite, and this season she returns to make holiday wishes come true. she’ll sprinkle her fairy dust over you with her shimmery lather and make you smile with her sugary sweet, fruity scent. the moisturizing formula cleanses and conditions, leaving skin and hair feeling silky soft. so next time you bathe, reach for the sugar plum fairy and make a wish!
FarmHouse Fresh Sweet Cream Body Milk Travel Lotion $14.00- This delicate moisturizer pours over you like milk, and leaves light velvety notes of warm sweet cream. A true treat to moisturize each morning. The scent takes you away to a fine morning tea, with scones, heavy cream and great gal pals. This small travel-size tube is perfect for travel! Housed in a charming “Our Cows Eat Cookies” gift box for gift giving delight.
We hope these ideas are helpful! For extra savings use promotion code FF20 during our Friends and Family event, sale ends on Monday 12/15/14. Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays from all of us at SkinStore.com!
Are you looking for a mask, but don’t want to feel stripped of your essential oils? Cream Masks are best suited for dry or dehydrated skin to reduce inflammation, redness or irritation. Look for masks with emollients like Shea, coconut or mango butter and nutrients like hyaluronic acid or vitamin E. Cream masks are also a great choice for sensitive skin and can be applied more often than traditional masks without irritating the skin. We suggest the FarmHouse Fresh Sundae Best Chocolate Softening Mask; two words: chocolate mask. This luxurious mask is a fine blend of cocoa, coconut milk and honey along with CoQ10, live Carrot Fruit Cells and Ginseng to fight wrinkles and sagging.
Have the holidays and winter weather caused you to break out? Clay Masks are the appropriate choice for oily skin types, congested skin or acneic skin. Clay masks help purify clogged pores and cleanse the skin while removing dirt, debris and excess oil. We suggest the CosMedix Clear mask which uses sulfur, broccoli powder and white hazel among other ingredients to combat breakouts and minimize pore size.
Are you feeling like you need a fresh start? Exfoliating Masks are great multitasking products and can save time during your skincare route by combining the cleansing effects of a clay mask and the exfoliating benefits of a scrub. We suggest the GlamGlow YOUTHMUD Tinglexfoliate Treatment which starts off as a traditional clay mask but when activated with water morphs into a light scrub.
Are you looking for a relaxing treatment in the comfort of your own home? Marine Masks are synonymous with the quintessential spa experience and can be used on almost any skin type. Marine minerals offer great skincare benefits without causing irritation. Most marine minerals are packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory ingredients and anti-aging benefits to give your skin the boost it needs. We suggest the Astara Activated Sea Mineral Mask which combines Kelp, Spirulina and sea vegetables to rejuvenate like a fine resort facial.
You can find these masks on SkinStore.com!
Want to look radiant and bright for upcoming holiday parties? Here are a few of our favorite ways to boost your radiance!
Add a few drops of this serum under your moisturizer and foundation and it will make you look like you are always standing in the perfect lighting. We love Orico London Transcend Marine Radiance Serum. It also deeply hydrates the skin and we all need that. Tighter skin and diminished wrinkles are also huge benefits. Orico London is brand new to SkinStore. Certified Organic ingredients and essential oils make this a winner for our naturalists.
An extra 10 minutes is all it takes to brighten dull skin, recover and nourish distressed skin, reduce redness and soften skin. Alchimie Forever Kantic Brightening Moisture Mask is a staple for any pre-event regimen. This staff favorite will not disappoint. You will get a more hydrated, glowing complexion in just 10 minutes. Now that’s what we call quality time!
So we all know that exfoliation helps get that top layer of dull, dead skin off revealing the younger, plumper skin cells right?! Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel /2 Steps is the fastest, easiest way to get holiday ready. If you haven’t “peeled” before, don’t let the word scare you. There won’t be any redness, flaking or down-time with these pre-soaked pads. Just swipe Step 1, the peel, over your face, leave on two minutes and swipe Step 2, the neutralizer, right over the top and viola! You are now ready for a mask and/or serum. These handy wipes are even safe for sensitive skin and those with rosacea. If you have more tolerant skin, they come in an Extra Strength formula as well. If you are using them for this first time, we recommend trying them a week ahead of a big event, just to make sure you have no reaction. You don’t want to be Rudolph at the holiday party!
In review, if you wanted to do all three of these steps, the correct order would be (after cleansing): 1) Peel or exfoliate, 2) Mask, 3) Serum followed with your favorite make-up. Heck, it’s the holidays use a little shimmer and make things bright!
You can find all of these amazing products on SkinStore.com!
The big day is finally here! CYBER MONDAY! Why wait in 2 hour lines at the mall when you can maximize your savings from the comfort of your home or office. We’ve put together our top picks for today’s hottest deals!
1. Clarisonic PLUS Skin Care System with Spot Treatment-White: Get all the benefits of the original Clarisonic (2x more effective than manual cleansing, 6x more make up removal, 61% better absorption of Vitamin C, etc.) and the added benefit of spot therapy for the body. Currently on special for $170.00, regularly $225.
2. Clarisonic Pedi Sonic Foot Transformation: This specifically designed device helps to smooth, soften, and hydrate rough, dry heels and toes; the Pedi System is the ultimate regimen to provide at-home foot care as well as professional pedicure maintenance. Currently on special for $139.30, regularly $199.
3. Baby Quasar MD PLUS: NOW ON SALE for 25% OFF! Including the most powerful wrinkle-reducing technology ever used before in the Quasar family, the Baby Quasar MD PLUS is the perfect device to keep away those unwanted wrinkles. Improved over previous models, the Baby Quasar MD PLUS is easier to use, more powerful and now includes periorbital wrinkle reduction technology. Regularly $795 – Now 25% off for only $596.25!! Use code SPECIAL.
4. NuFace Trinity Gift Set-Icicle Blue- Limited-Edition NuFace Trinity Kit in Icicle Blue! Known as the 5 minute Face-Lift, this award winning FDA-cleared device delivers beautiful, unparalleled professional results in an easy to use at-home system. NuFace Trinity features a smart skin sensor and interchangeable attachments to enable a variety of spa-quality therapies. $325 plus save 20% with code SPECIAL.
5. Jurlique Hand Cream Trio: NOW ON SALE for 25% OFF! Pamper and nourish your hands with Jurlique’s global bestsellers. These luxury hand creams will leave your hands feeling soft and supple. $75.00 Value – Now on sale for $49.00!! Use code SPECIAL.
*Bonus: SkinStore Bag of Beauty - Today only, receive a FREE SkinStore Bag of Beauty ($415 value) packed with full size products and deluxe samples, with your $300 purchase.
You can find the amazing deals mentioned above on SkinStore.com! Happy Shopping!
Looking to transform your skin before the holidays? Vichy’s Idealia Life Serum will improve the quality of your skin in just 8 days—no matter what you’re up against! It refines skin texture, visibly, reduces the appearance of pores and illuminates complexion for a more youthful appearance. Idealia Life Serum features Vichy’s first behavioral molecule association, LR2412 + LHA. Inspired by skin’s natural rejuvenation process, LR2412 accelerates the skin’s repair process and boosts its resistance to external aggressors. Micro-exfoliating LHA helps to stimulate renewal and reduce the appearance of surface pigmentation. It has a lightweight, hydrating texture that absorbs easily into the skin. Golden, pink micro-pearls instantly illuminate the skin. Sound amazing?! Enter our Facebook Giveaway for your chance to win one of your very own! Click HERE to enter.
Are you looking for a multi-faceted face mask? Well look no further than Somme Institute Boost Mask! It’s the perfect product that targets all signs of aging. With a gentle warming sensation the mask purifies, nourishes and leaves the skin feeling smooth and refreshed. Boost is infused with a specialized blend of minerals, enzymes and vitamins that help bring a new clarity to the skin. Pumpkin enzymes smooth away dead skin cells without leaving the skin dry. This is the perfect go to fall mask that is suitable for all skin types.
By T3 Lead Stylist, David Lopez
This season is all about big, loose, voluminous waves that look natural and effortless, but still polished. T3 has created two new tools which I absolutely love, because they make creating this trending look fast and easy. The key to this style is waves that start lower down the hair section (at lip to chin level), which adds incredible body and movement to the bottom half of the hair. Here’s how to get the look:
Start by prepping hair with your favorite body building product (Mousse, Thickening Spray, Texturizing Spray), then rough dry hair until it is 100% dry.
Divide hair into four sections. Start with your part, divide hair all the way to the back and split into pig tails. Split those pig tails into two sections divided from the top right behind the ear.
Using the T3 Micro BodyWaver wrap 1″ sections of hair flat along on the barrel, then gently unwind into a long coil. Pro Tip: Curl all hair with sections being fed over the barrel and towards the face, as pictured. This ensures perfect symmetrical waves on both sides.
After allowing coils to cool, gently rake through hair from roots to tips with a large comb or your fingers. Detail the crown and hairline with the T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Wand using the 1” barrel attachment. Gently wrap 1/2″ sections away from the face to create more texture and polish.
Finally, spritz on your favorite texturizing spray.
You can find T3 products on SkinStore.com.
About David Lopez
T3 Lead Stylist, David Lopez, is a rising session and celebrity hair stylist based in NYC. David has lived all over the world and learned at an early age to appreciate the beauty of different cultures and hair types. He started out studying film but quickly transitioned to his true passion, beauty school. David was trained in the French technique of hair cutting and educated by Aveda, Goldwell, Redken & Wella, before going to work for New York’s top salons, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and today’s most prominent magazines. David’s expertise is sought after by media outlets the world over from national television to web series, and is known for being creative and always enthusiastic, with an infectious passion for his craft. He is represented by NEXT Artists in NYC & FORD Artists in Miami.
Elemental Herbology combines the ancient holistic healing know-how of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Five Element philosophy with high-performing and nutritious natural botanical ingredients. Each of the UK-based ranges meets your skin’s needs as the seasons change.
As we move into fall, nurture sun parched summer skin with Elemental Herbology’s star product, Purify & Soothe Cleansing Balm. This oil-rich cleansing balm deeply cleanses the pores without stripping the skin’s own natural protections. The natural oils penetrate the skin delivering vital nutrients and are super-hydrating, for silky, soft and glowing skin.
As featured on MSN GLO in “13 Skin & Makeup secrets from Kate Hudson” quoted “If I’m not wearing much makeup that day, I’ll use Elemental Herbology’s purifying cleanser at night.”
Follow with the go-to moisturizer throughout the fall & winter, Cell Plumping Facial Moisturizer, which is packed with moisture-boosting Royal Jelly, Argan, Sacha Inchi and Evening Primrose oils which plump, nourish and deliver instant hydration.
Post-summer and throughout the colder months skin can become dull and dry, so exfoliating weekly with the Facial Glow Radiance Peel to shed dryness and stimulate cell turnover is really important!
These three simple steps to create your at-home spa facial will leave your skin radiant, healthy and hydrated!
You can find Elemental Herbology products on SkinStore.com.
‘Tis the season for gift giving! You can cross everyone off of your list because and we’ve got you covered. We have everything from beauty, relaxation, to luxury and with our wide variety of gifts. These are a few of our favorite things for under $50.
1. Bliss Crown Jewels: A’skin’riching selection of our top selling cleansing, revitalizing, toning and smoothing sensations. The set includes Lemon and Sage Body Butter, Fabulous Foaming Face Wash, Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask, and Love Handler.
(Limited quantities. Available while supplies last.)
2. butter LONDON Steampunk Ball Nail Lacquer Set:
Set the stage for a new realm in fashion with seductive shades inspired by the wondrous world of Steampunk. Create elegant looks with high-fashion color and shimmering textures that will make you the belle of any holiday ball.
3. Best of Juice Beauty Kit:
The perfect gift for yourself or any beauty lover. Behind each door is a Juice Beauty surprise, open one every day or all once, the choice is up to you! Enjoy this daily treat of beauty treasures and discover some of Juice Beauty’s bestsellers from skin care to makeup.
(Limited edition. Available while supplies last.)
4. For the man in your life, Billy Jealousy WanderLust Travel Kit: While you are on the road, leave that crappy hotel stuff they supply you in the dust. Take the WanderLust Travel Kit instead. This Airline-Approved bad boy contains all the grooming essentials you need to look and feel your best.
5. Too Faced La Belle Carousel: This beautiful carousel of eye shadows, blushes, bronzers and the best-selling Better Than Sex Mascara is created from six individual sections that split apart to create on-the-go looks or can be separately gifted to everyone on your list. Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director, Jerrod Blandino, carefully curated the palette, each offering a different way to own your holiday look.
(Limited quantities. Available while supplies last.)
With all these wonderful choices it’s hard to pick just one! You can find the products mentioned on SkinStore.com.