Archive for the ‘Men’s Skin Care’ Category
If you have blemish prone or problematic skin, then you know that finding the best acne products suited towards your skin is key! There are many products available, ranging from over the counter to doctor prescribed medications. They can be oral or topical and use numerous different ingredients to achieve desired results. This is a run down of the key acne fighting ingredients used in the most popular prevention and treatment products available on the market to date. We will start off with the most commonly known ingredients; Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid.
Benzoyl Peroxide has been proven as one of the most effective over the counter antibacterial medications used to treat acne. It draws oxygen to the skin making it difficult for bacteria to thrive. It also can help to rid the follicle of excess dead skin cells. This in turn will decrease pore blockage or the clogging that can occur in your pores.
Salicylic Acid is another ingredient found in common acne treatment products. Its main function is to kill off bacteria and also help to clear out congested pores. The acid is a beta hydroxy acid and is also used in different exfoliating products as it assists to shed off dead skin and offers anti-inflammatory properties. Also look for products containing Willow Bark Extract which is the natural form of salicylic acid.
Zinc is used in different acne products due to its assistance with regulating the production of oils and helping in keeping the pores clear. It also has properties which assist to help fight the bacteria that causes acne.
Glycolic Acid is another well know ingredient used in skin care products, it penetrates deep beneath the damaged upper layers of the skin to release the bond which holds the dead skin to the surface. In short, this ingredient is used to exfoliate the skin, help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and even out skin tone.
Mandelic Acid is an ingredient becoming more popular to current acne treatment products. This ingredient uses a slower, more even penetration into the skin which can be gentler for people with delicate skin or sensitive skin conditions. Mandelic acid is a very powerful alpha hydroxy acid which smooths away dry skin and offers anti-inflammatory benefits, as well as antibacterial benefits. This ingredient is also used to reduce fine lines or wrinkles and can help lighten different pigmentation issues.
Sulfur has been used for a very long time in acne products. It’s been recorded that it has been used to treat different skin concerns such as dandruff, warts and even dermatitis. When applying this ingredient to the skin, it causes the skins surface to dry and peel. It will help reduce oil production, prevent pore blockage, and assist in healing properties.
Hopefully this key ingredient list will help aid you in your search for acne treatment products beneficial to you!
Find many acne treatment products at SkinStore.com.
It’s that time of year again! It’s time to start outlining your gift lists for friends and loved ones. Money is tight and so is time, however finding captivating gifts is just a few clicks away. We offer more than 5000 different products, but what we have to offer will definitely be gifts which bring smiles to the face of anyone you choose to give to. When looking for the perfect gifts (for him), we have a ton of ideas that will leave you stress-free! Provided below is a gift guideline which includes gifts you could stuff into stockings or gifts incredible enough to put under the tree.
- Anthony Logistics Multi-Tasker Kit – This essential kit is everything a man needs, and comes neatly packaged. The kit includes a 4 oz. Glycolic Cleanser, a 2 oz. Shave Cream, a 4 oz. facial scrub and a convenient travel bag. (Please allow 10-14 business days for delivery of this item)
- L’Occitane Shea Hand Cream Trio – This trio is perfect for a man who needs to nourish his hands and doesn’t like the strong fragrance most creams or lotions have.
- Anthony Logistics Body Spray Sampler – The perfect sample kit… men always love to smell good. This sampler comes with a variety of 4 different scents in 5 oz. bottles, ready to intrigue all senses. (Please allow 10-14 business days for delivery of this item)
- Kenneth Cole Gift Set – This tasteful set is the perfect set for a man of comfort and confidence. This set includes a 3.4 oz. Eau De Toilette, a travel size Eau De Toilette, an After Black Shave Gel, and also a Deodorant. (Please allow 10-14 business days for delivery of this item)
- Grooming Lounge The Greatest Shave Ever Kit – The name says it all. This kit comes with everything the man in your life needs to achieve the perfect shave. Included is a 2 oz. Face Wash, a 1 oz. Beard Master Shave Oil, a 2 oz. Beard Destroyer Shave cream and a 2 oz. Best for Last Aftershave.
- PCA Skin Total Defense Calming Hydrator – This product is recommended by the Skin Cancer foundation. It is a light weight moisturizer that provides broad spectrum UV protection and hydration to the face.
- Jack Black It’s the Balm Lip Trio – This balm is the balm everyone needs to protect and heal their lips. Perfect for someone who doesn’t prefer fragrance or heavy shine.
- Tweezerman Men’s Deluxe Grooming Kit – This deluxe kit comes with all of the grooming essentials needed for that slick clean look every man desires. The kit includes a deluxe stainless steel nail clipper, a handy sapphire pocket nail file, safety facial scissors and a stainless steel tweezerette.
- LAB Series Oil Control Towelettes – These towelettes are perfect for an instant pick me up, for daily cleanse or to quickly remove excess oils on the skin. Men love these easy to use towelettes.
You really cannot go wrong with any of these suggestions. I hope this makes your holiday gift search a little easier. On that note, I wish you luck and happy shopping!
To find more great gifts, shop SkinStore now!
A growing number of men have become aware of the benefits of a daily skin care regimen. From basic shave creams to multi-purpose products that treat and protect the skin, men have a wide variety of high quality skin care products to choose from. To help simplify and demystify men’s skin care, we felt a 5 minute skin care regimen designed just for men was long over-due!
With multi-purpose products a complete skincare regimen can be complete in as few as three steps.
Step 1: Cleansing your skin both morning and night is a critical part of your skin care regimen. After being in the elements all day, you have to rid your skin of excess oils and dirt. In addition, after sleeping you also want to remove any product residue from the night before and any oil build-up, besides…it just feels good! Using an alcohol-free, oil-free and fragrance-free cleanser is a refreshing option that will not add any unwanted scent. The aMenity Gel Face Cleanser is a great option for those who prefer a low lather cleanser or who have an oiler skin type. The Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser is a 2 in 1 cleanser toner; it’s oil-free and fragrance-free and is often preferred by those with dry to combination, and sensitive skin types who need deep cleansing.
Step 2 (only when you shave!): Use a multi-purpose shaving product. Murad Man Cleansing Shave is not only an ultra smooth shave cream, but it is also cleanses and tones the skin and provides an infusion of antioxidants to help protect the skin from free-radical damage…free radicals are unstable molecules. (There is a great article explaining more about free radicals in our very own beautyWise newsletter)
Step 3: Moisturize & Protect. In the morning, a multi-purpose moisturizing sunscreen is a great option for the busy man on the go. Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer is a great choice for those of you who get light sun exposure (to and from the office). This moisturizer protects the skin with a broad-spectrum (UVA and UVB) SPF20. In addition, it contains ingredients that are potent sources of anti-oxidants which are necessary for improving the appearance of your skin and for combating free-radical damage. If you work in the sun or have a high level of sun exposure a SPF30 or greater is the better way to go…Jack Black Sun Guard Oil-Free Very Water/Sweat Resistant Sunscreen is an option, don’t forget to reapply throughout the day!
In the evening after cleansing, apply a hydrating treatment product that will help to enhance your anti-aging or preventative efforts. The Menscience Anti-Aging Formula is a customer favorite as is the Menscience Advanced Face Lotion.
In three easy steps you have a great foundation for a basic skin care regimen. If you feel that you need extra treatment around the eyes you can add the Menscience Eye Rescue Formula, it’s excellent and super hydrating! Customers love it and we love it too! The ingredient Hyaluronic Acid is ultra hydrating – the Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamin A support collagen repair and cell renewal – Vitamins C, E and Green Tea fight free-radicals.
Still unsure about the best regimen for you? Give the SkinStore.com Estheticians a call, or contact the SkinStore.com customer support team! We will be more than happy to help!
For more information about the benefits of Antioxidants see the SkinStore.com beautyWise article: Antioxidants and Your Skin
Products featured in this article:
aMenity Gel Face Cleanser, The Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser, Murad Man Cleansing Shave, Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer, Jack Black Sun Guard Oil-Free Very Water/Sweat Resistant Sunscreen, Menscience Anti-Aging Formula, Menscience Advanced Face Lotion, Menscience Eye Rescue Formula.