Archive for the ‘Cosmetics’ Category
Are you on the hunt for great neutral shades? Do you prefer makeup that has healthy benefits for the skin and looks great on the face? Now, what if you can have it all at a great price? BareMinerals Nude Beach – The Full Reveal Kit is the perfect choice. Experience a full wardrobe of neutral shades with a touch of shimmer for the face, all inspired by the alluring Nude Beach Eye color. Now there’s more to love with monochromatic and complementary shades for softly buffed neutral lids, ethereally lit cheeks and luscious mauve lips—all packed in a chic cosmetic bag. This romantic kit is for every skin type.
The kit includes the following:
– Nude Beach Eyecolor (Light warm sand), .02oz Silky, light-as-air 100% pure bareMinerals provides seamless blendability, giving you the gentlest, purest eye color.
-In the Nude Eyecolor (subtle bronze smolder), .02oz Silky, light-as-air 100% pure bareMinerals provides seamless blendability, giving you the gentlest, purest eye color.
–Lasting Line™ Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Lasting Brown, .012oz This twist-up pencil glides on a precise line for maximum color intensity.
-bareMinerals READY® Luminizer The Awakening (soft ethereal light), .3oz Enhances your complexion with a radiant, lit-from-within glow.
-Marvelous Moxie® Lipstick in Break Away (luscious mauve), .05oz Creamy, super-saturated, ultra-pigmented color glides on like butter.
-Shimmer Glaze™ Lip Topcoat in Diamond Glaze, .07oz This sheer lip topcoat instantly transforms existing lip color.
Here is the best part! The kit is a $95.00 USD value, but for a limited time it’s $49.00 USD! Each product comes out to approximately $8.17 USD each. That’s a huge savings compared to their actual retail cost. With spring and summer at our door step, this kit will go a long way. It’s an easy transition from day to night, has complimentary colors for every skin type and is exclusively found here at SkinStore.
Are you looking for a face product that will give you a sun kissed golden glow? Well Bare Minerals warmth All Over face powder is the perfect item. This light weight powder is non-comedogenic and can be used in your foundation as a boost or worn by itself for a sheer wash of a golden complexion. Warmth All-Over Face Color is an all-year-round complexion booster that infuses radiant light into your skin so it looks like it’s coming from within. It’s versatile, universal, adjustable, and is 100% pure crushed minerals from the earth. It glides onto the skin like silk, leaving you with a natural, velvety warm finish; because of this using a primer before is optional. So if you’re looking to boost your tan, create a golden glow, or get a light wash of color bareMinerals Warmth All Over Face Color is the item for you year-round.
You can find this product on SkinStore.com.
If you’re looking for a way to get your foundation to go on smoother, last longer and look air brushed then you must use a primer! Primers are so important to use before your makeup application because they create a barrier between your skin and the foundation. Primer creates an even and smooth base on the skin going into the crevasses and fine lines to create an even flat surface. Too Faced Primed and Poreless not only creates the perfect base, but it also makes pores look nonexistent. This one-of a-kind makeup primer was scientifically formulated to wear under bronzers and foundation powders or alone to achieve the look of flawless skin without makeup! Vitamins A & C, mulberry extract and a powerful dose of Retinol, virtually banish pores; while tired skin is left hydrated, firmer, and detoxified. Primed & Poreless creates the perfect canvas to allow powders, bronzers and foundations to airbrush onto the skin seamlessly and perfectly blended. This is an all-in-one primer and is suitable for all skin types. If you are looking for the perfect primer, look no further!
You can find this product on SkinStore.com.
The best concealers diffuse discoloration, lighten shadowed areas, disguise blemishes, and work in conjunction with foundations to achieve a more even skin tone and hide flaws. However, a poor choice in concealers can make things look worse! They draw attention to problem areas, accentuate fine lines and wrinkles, look cakey, settle into creases, and even disappear as the day comes to an end.
Top 15 Tips and Tricks:
1. Concealers should not, generally, be applied over powder foundation. Doing so tends to cause streaking and the powder may roll or peel. When using powder foundation, apply concealer first.
2. Choose a concealer that is one or two shades lighter than your skin tone to neutralize dark areas without attracting attention by making it look too light.
3. Use liquid concealer; if you have normal, combination, oily, sensitive or blemish-prone skin.
4. Use stick concealer; if you have normal, dry or sensitive skin
5. Use cream concealer; if you have normal, dry, combination or sensitive skin
6. Use cream to powder; if you have normal, slightly dry, combination or sensitive skin
7. Apply concealer under the eye: draw a triangle with the base under your eye and the point toward your cheek instead of straight across the bottom of the eye. This technique covers more, blends better, and last longer.
8. When choosing a color-correcting concealer remember:
Lavender: counteracts sallow or yellowness in the skin
Yellow: counteracts deep purple tones such as dark circles or scarring; pale yellow works well to highlight brows and cheekbones but it must be pale yellow, not gold
Green: neutralizes redness, including diffusing redness from rosacea. Great for covering up acne!
Pink: Neutralizes a blue cast on lighter skin tones
Orange/Salmon: neutralizes blue to deep purple or grayish tones on deeper skin tones
9. To prevent your eye shadow from falling off your lid and settling in the creases, prime your eyelids first with a dab of concealer.
10. Hide puffy eyes with a bit of eye cream, highlighter, and concealer. Mix them together and apply.
11. After applying concealer, blot the area with a thin tissue to prevent the product from settling into creases around your eyes.
12. Make your lipstick pop and prevent the color from bleeding by lining the outside of your lips with a fine-tip brush and a bit of concealer.
13. Make your brows pop by lining them above and below with a concealer that’s one shade lighter than your skin tone.
14. Create a tinted moisturizer by mixing your daily face lotion with a bit of your go-to concealer.
15. For a smooth application with stick concealer, apply some on the back of your hand and gently rub in a circular motion to warm up the product. This will give you a nice smooth application.
Some of our staff favorite concealers are Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer and Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Concealer. You can find both of them on SkinStore.com.
There are so many cosmetic choices out there it is hard to know which one is best for your skin type and concerns. Makeup has gotten a little overwhelming over the years, there are terms like BB cream and CC cream, powder and liquid foundation, setting powders and sprays, sponge applicators and brushes. It’s too much to take in. So here is some information to help determine what are the best products and tools for your flawless look.
A good place to start is to determine your skin type. If you have combination or oily skin a powder foundation is a nice fit for you. These are best applied with a powder brush. When selecting your powder brush a rounded brush will provide lighter coverage than a flat brush head. In most cases drier skin types do better with a liquid foundation. If you are a person with dry skin, but loves the convenience and how portable powder foundation is you should invest in a setting spray to keep the powder from just falling off your face. One of our best-selling setting sprays is Jane Iredale’s POMMIST hydration spray. It gives your skin added antioxidant protection and boosts hydration in the skin.
Once you determine the type of foundation to buy the next step is determining your skin care concerns. Cosmetics are much more than just makeup now days. There are anti-aging ingredients, anti-oxidants and SPF added to a lot of the products. If you are planning on your makeup pulling double duty as an SPF there are plenty of BB creams (which stands for Beauty Balm) and CC creams (which stands for color correcting) that have added SPF. Also mineral makeup has a natural SPF 15+ which is great. When choosing your makeup read the description of the product and what benefits that makeup provides. Reading reviews of the products is especially helpful in regards to how the product wears and the consistency. If a product is thicker you may always mix in your moisturizer or apply with a Beauty Blender applicator. A Beauty Blender gives you much more control on how much product is applied. The way you use a Beauty Blender is by soaking the sponge in water and squeezing out the excess water and then apply the makeup. If you are using a thicker makeup you can leave your Beauty Blender a bit more saturated with water so the sponge absorbs less makeup and give you a lighter coverage.
Hopefully this information will give you a step in the right direction for selecting the perfect makeup. Skinstore has plenty of makeup choices to choose from. We have full coverage camouflage options like Dermablend to lightly tinted sunscreens like Skinceuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50. If you ever have any questions our beauty experts are happy to help!
Although cleansing your face thoroughly with either your hands or a cleansing device is ideal, makeup removing wipes are a convenient way to remove the day’s makeup and grime so that you can properly cleanse your face. Makeup removing wipes shouldn’t be used solely to cleanse the face because they lack any type of cleanser, but are great for removing mascara, eye liner or other long wearing cosmetics. Makeup removing wipes, like the Boots No7 Quick Thinking Wipes – Value Pack are even great for throwing in your gym bag or purse if you want a fresh pick me up midday. You can also cut your make up wipes into smaller more manageable squares and can be used to remove make up goofs like lipstick, eyeliner or mascara from the upper eye lid.
Last year I stumbled across the best lip product ever, Rodial Glam Stick. I wanted to take a moment to scream from a mountain top how much I LOVE this product (big hearts above my head) in love. Out of the hundreds of products we carry on our site I wanted to shine a spotlight on this perfect little gem. It is not like any other lipstick I have ever tried. It is creamy and hydrating and comes in the most gorgeous shades. It is so luxurious going on since it is enriched with Cocoa butter and Vitamin E. If my lips feel dry I reach for my Rodial Glam Stick over any chap stick I have. It is truly one of my favorite products of all time. You can find this product on SkinStore.com!
‘Tis the season for gift giving! You can cross everyone off of your list because and we’ve got you covered. We have everything from beauty, relaxation, to luxury and with our wide variety of gifts. These are a few of our favorite things for under $50.
1. Bliss Crown Jewels: A’skin’riching selection of our top selling cleansing, revitalizing, toning and smoothing sensations. The set includes Lemon and Sage Body Butter, Fabulous Foaming Face Wash, Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask, and Love Handler.
(Limited quantities. Available while supplies last.)
2. butter LONDON Steampunk Ball Nail Lacquer Set:
Set the stage for a new realm in fashion with seductive shades inspired by the wondrous world of Steampunk. Create elegant looks with high-fashion color and shimmering textures that will make you the belle of any holiday ball.
3. Best of Juice Beauty Kit:
The perfect gift for yourself or any beauty lover. Behind each door is a Juice Beauty surprise, open one every day or all once, the choice is up to you! Enjoy this daily treat of beauty treasures and discover some of Juice Beauty’s bestsellers from skin care to makeup.
(Limited edition. Available while supplies last.)
4. For the man in your life, Billy Jealousy WanderLust Travel Kit: While you are on the road, leave that crappy hotel stuff they supply you in the dust. Take the WanderLust Travel Kit instead. This Airline-Approved bad boy contains all the grooming essentials you need to look and feel your best.
5. Too Faced La Belle Carousel: This beautiful carousel of eye shadows, blushes, bronzers and the best-selling Better Than Sex Mascara is created from six individual sections that split apart to create on-the-go looks or can be separately gifted to everyone on your list. Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director, Jerrod Blandino, carefully curated the palette, each offering a different way to own your holiday look.
(Limited quantities. Available while supplies last.)
With all these wonderful choices it’s hard to pick just one! You can find the products mentioned on SkinStore.com.
Social media is buzzing with tutorials and photos of the much sought after “Kylie Jenner” lip color, a very matte rose-mauve. Here at SkinStore.com, we have searched our inventory and believe the Too Faced Perfect Lips Lip Liner- Perfect Spice paired with the Spice Spice Baby La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream is the perfect combination to achieve the 90’s style, Kylie Jenner look.
You can even over line the lips to achieve the infamous Kylie Jenner pout or pair the liner and lip color with the Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme for a super plumped lip. If you are going out on the town and want the look to last throughout the night, we suggest the Too Faced Lip Insurance to prime the lips and prevent creasing, fading or bleeding lip liner.
As the seasons change, I like to be prepared. Come October, some of us aren’t ready to wave goodbye to our summer shadows; with the Anastasia Tamanna Palette, we don’t have to! Update your collection with new shades from the perfect fall and holiday palette designed in collaboration with celebrity makeup artist Tamanna Roashan and Instagram sensation @dressyourface.
The shades in this fabulous palette are the perfect combination of warm and cool tones combined to create anything from smokey eyes to intricate cut creases, all from a single palette. The specially formulated high-impact pigments in rich neutrals and shimmering jewel tones go on smoothly and eliminate the need for building when applying.
You can find this hot product on SkinStore.com.