Archive for the ‘Cosmetics’ Category
Tis the season for gift giving and this year we have something for everyone on your list! Holiday gift giving is made easy from beauty to relaxation with our wide variety of gifts. These holiday gifts offer luxury with a touch of holiday spirit and are budget friendly too!
1. NEST Fragrance Scented Candle- Birchwood Pine: The aroma of a majestic winter forest is created by blending White Pine, Fir Balsam and Birchwood over a base of rich Musk and Amber.
Formulated with a proprietary soy blend wax formulation, all NEST candles burn evenly and infuse a room with fragrance. The custom glass was designed to complement the beauty of your home with a classic shape and modern stripe etching on crystal clear glass. This candle will burn approximately 50 hours.
2. Juara Romancing the Candlenut Set: This irresistible skin-softening 4-piece ritual will make you feel like you have taken a trip to Bali. Pamper your skin with velvety Candlenut oil while your senses are enveloped in an unforgettable scent of delicate freesia, white blooming jasmine, sparkling bergamot and gentle rose with just a hint of fresh coconut.
3. Philosophy The Cookie Exchange: share the happiest of holidays with the cookie exchange. philosophy’s version of this festive tradition features christmas cookie shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath, sweet creamy frosting body lotion, and sugar sprinkles high-gloss, high-flavor lip shine. the 3-in-1, moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair, while indulging your senses as you lather from head to toe. the luxurious body lotion formula contains natural oils and shea butter to condition and help stabilize the moisture level of dry skin, while antioxidants help soothe and protect skin against environmental attack. soothe and soften lips with the sweet sugar sprinkles formula, while providing sheer color and high-gloss shine. it’s the perfect gift to sweeten up someone’s holiday.
4. For the man in your life, ZIRH Shave Basics Kit: For optimal shaving results while preventing ingrown hairs, razor burn nicks and cuts, the ZIRH Shave Basics Kit includes Prepare, Shave Gel and Soothe.
- Prepare, 1oz A light botanical shave oil that is designed to lubricate the beard area and improve glide while shaving.
- Shave Gel, 3.3oz This non-foaming Aloe Vera based shave gel makes it easier to maintain sideburns and other facial hair, and avoid any irritated areas.
- Soothe, 3.3oz Soothe calms redness, razor burn or any shaving irritation. It can also serve as a dual purpose light moisturizer.
5. Too Faced All I Want for Christmas: This full face collection features the best of Too Faced’s eyes, face and lips and is housed in a party-ready chevron cosmetic bag designed by celebrity decorator and TV personality Mary McDonald.
- La Crème Lip Cream in Believe, .11oz
- Shadow Insurance, .35oz Extend the life of your eye shadow with this lid primer.
- Perfect Eyes Eye Liner in Perfect Black, .03oz A good-for-you formulated, waterproof, highly pigmented eyeliner.
- Lash Injection Mascara, .25oz This mascara adds volume, beautiful separation and waterproof color to lifeless dull lashes.
- Exclusive Blush/Eye Shadow Trio Compact
With all these wonderful choices it’s hard to pick just one; maybe you can get all five and share with a friend or two. We have you covered this year to find that perfect gift!
Save 20% at SkinStore for a limited time!
Certain items are excluded from offers. Each product detail page indicates if the promotion does not apply. Promo codes may not apply to already discounted items.
The secret to any holiday look lies in the details. Go beyond the basics to create bold, sophisticated brows with an extra pop of brightness for all of your seasonal events. Every girl knows that a pencil is the fastest, easiest way to create perfectly defined brows daily. But, when putting together the perfect holiday look, making sure your brows are as perfect as your outfit. Here are some quick tips to glam up your normal brow routine.
Bold is Beautiful. Try layering Brow Powder Duo with your favorite Anastasia Beverly Hills Pencil to create a sophisticated, dramatic look that leaves a natural finish. Anastasia loves to outline the brows with Brow Wiz, and fill in the rest of the Brows with Brow Powder Duo.
Lighten Up. Set your brows with Tinted Brow Gel to add lightness and dimension to your brows. Adding a shade that is one shade lighter than your brows will bring subtle sheen and focus to the eye area while setting the rest of your brow color in place.
Highlight, highlight, highlight! The holidays are all about fun and sparkle. Use Brow Duality’s matte and shimmer side to easily highlight your brow bones and entire face. Simply add a little of the matte side from Brow Duality to the brow bone and blend for an instantly bright and lifted look. Add the shimmer side to the corners of the eyes and your highlighted look is complete.
Remember, the most important part of creating holiday brows is to make it special. Do something bolder and more glam than your everyday brow routine. This is where you get to have a little fun and play up your features with color, glitter, and shimmer. Happy Holidays!
You can find the products mentioned above on SkinStore.com!
Fall is the perfect time to show off the natural beauty of your eyes without makeup. Yes, it is possible to wean yourself off of eyeshadow, liner and mascara and like how your eyes look au naturel. Let your lips steal the show this season in delicious wine, berry and plum hues that become wearable when paired with the iconic natural eye.
Enhancing the natural beauty of your eyes without the help of makeup begins with your brows. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how full and defined brows frame your eyes so beautifully that you won’t feel compelled to reach for heavy liner and mascara. Need to add a little fullness? Growth-enhancing serums like HydroPeptide’s Lash Longer Fuller Thicker only need to be applied nightly to achieve the look of thicker and more defined brows within a few weeks. HydroPeptide Lash nourishes lashes and brows as you sleep for dramatic improvement in volume and darkness while helping to prevent breakage.
Voluminous lashes are another trick to pulling off the natural eye look with confidence. HydroPeptide Lash is also designed to enhance lash volume, darkness and length with a unique cocktail of peptides designed to safely increase growth-promoting keratin genes, prevent pigment loss in hair and help stimulate hair follicles. Peptides are celebrated for being non-irritating as they are simply specific amino acid sequences found naturally in the body. Depending on how they are sequenced, peptides can perform a variety of functions, from serving as the building blocks of collagen to promoting hair growth.
For the finishing touch, make those pretty peepers really pop by giving them a brightening boost. All it takes is the right eye cream. HydroPeptide’s Eye Anti-Wrinkle Dark Circle Concentrate immediately brightens, de-puffs and camouflages fine lines and under-eye bags with an innovative blend of crushed pearls, antioxidants and peptides. You’ll notice instant results that continue to improve. Now that you know the tricks to beautifying your eyes without makeup, wink and face the day with nothing more than a bold and beautiful lip color.
Classic beauty withstands the test of time. Starlets like Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe, and Princess Diana all share a common grace and elegance. Images of them today remain as iconic and in style as ever before. Idealized for their beauty, we can follow their lead, incorporating effortless style into our own daily make-up regimen.
Timeless make-up is youthful and fresh. Try to avoid colors that are either too bright or too dark and steer clear of outlandish trends. Neutral colors that enhance your natural skin tone are best.
Face: The right foundation lays the groundwork for a timeless look. First, prime and prep the skin. Make-up goes on smoother and lasts longer when you apply a moisturizer and make-up primer. Moisturizer hydrates and plumps the skin, while a primer camouflages large pores and imperfections. Keep in mind, less is more with foundation. Apply foundation sparingly, while paying special attention to areas that need more coverage and blend outward. For liquid foundation users, set with a translucent powder for long lasting coverage.
Eyes: The trick is to play up the natural shape and color of your eyes. Neutral shades of beige, gray, brown, gold, champagne, pale pink, mauve, and plum are best. Start by applying a light to medium shade of beige, nude, champagne, or pink as the all over base color. Next, accentuate the crease and outer corner of the eye with a darker shade. A medium gray, brown, or plum that is two to three shades darker than the base color creates perfect definition. Lastly, add highlight just below the brow and to the inside corner of the eye. A very light nude, white, or pale pink with a hint of iridescence works beautifully.
Next, accentuate the shape of your eyes by lining the top eyelid following closely along the lash line with a dark brown, gray or black liner. Leave the bottom eye unlined for a fresh faced look or line sparingly from the bottom inside corner of the eye and darken in color towards the outside corner of the eye. This draws more attention to the outside corners of the eyes, making eyes appear larger. Finish off the eyes with a few coats of dark brown or black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Insider tip: Black liner and mascara will make the whites of your eyes whiter and brightens tired eyes.
Cheeks: Often disregarded, yet one of the simplest ways to brighten your complexion is by applying blush. A rosy flush gives cheeks a youthful healthy glow. Select a color that matches your natural flush or if you were to pinch your cheeks. Sweep the color from the apples of the cheeks towards your hairline. Remember to build the color gradually, to avoid applying too much.
Insider tip: To slim the face blend a contour color to the hollows of your cheeks, just below the cheekbone. Select a matte bronzer or powder foundation that is slightly darker than your skin tone. Finish with a touch of highlighting powder on the top of the cheekbone for added pop.
Lips: Lip color should enhance and brighten your natural tone. The key is to pick a color that is one to two shades darker than your natural lip color. To create fullness, line your lips with a lip liner that matches or is slightly darker than your lip color. For added dimension add a bit of gloss in a lighter shade to the center of your pout.
Brows: Polish off your timeless daytime look by grooming your brows. Fill in with a neutral toned brow pencil that matches your natural hair color. Start from the head of the brow using light feathery strokes as you make your way towards the arch and tail of the brow. Next, define the shape of your brows by tweezing stray hairs. Lastly, apply a clear brow gel to set your hairs in place.
Insider tip: Tweezing too many hairs at once can leave holes or gaps in the brow. For better precision, use tweezers with a slanted tip for tweezing one hair at a time.
SkinStore has all of the products you need to acheive the perfect classic look!
It’s that time of year again! We have to start thinking of all the photo opportunities that fall brings. Back to School and the upcoming holiday season- they’re all occasions when cameras are ever present. We want to make sure your smiles are ready for a close up.
GoSmile products offer a safe and effective way of lightening teeth in no time! If you’re in need of some big time whitening try the GoSmile Whitening System. Stains are reduced in as little as one 30 minute treatment! This easy to use device is to be hand held. Start by brushing your teeth, then use a tissue to blot dry the surface of your teeth. Rub the included teeth whitening serum in a circular motion ensuring each tooth is thoroughly coated. Then press the “G” button to turn on the light. Insert the Smile Whitening Light into the mouth and shine the light on your teeth until the device beeps and automatically shuts off. Immediately repeat ampoule plus light process two more times, for a total of 3 passes of ampoule plus light. Remember, no food or drink for 20 minutes after use.
If you don’t have 30 minutes to devote, no biggie, we still have you covered. Supersmile Professional Whitening System is a two item system that whitens and cleans teeth. Use equal parts of the Supersmile Whitening Accelerator Component and Supersmile Original Mint Whitening Toothpaste, and brush teeth in circular motions for 2 minutes.
You could even use the products in conjunction with each other if you’d like…
SkinStore.com has just what you need to achieve Fall’s latest beauty trends. Right off the runway from the classic cat eye, red lips, prune eyes, wine hued lips, sunset shadows and steel eyes we’ve got you covered! Here are our top picks for Fall.
Cat Eyes: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Intense Black
Red Lips: DuWop Private Lipstick Red
Plum Eyes: Stila Eye Shadow Trio – Venus
Wine Hued Lips: Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream – Divine Wine
Steel Eyes: IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Trio in Pretty in Smoke
Sunset Shadow: Jane Iredale PurePressed Eye Shadow – Rose Gold
SkinStore.com is your source for this year’s hottest Fall nail colors. From midnight blue to emerald green, we have a huge selection of the perfect colors for your beautiful Autumn nails. Looking for nail treatment products? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Click here for our top picks!
1. butter LONDON 3 Free Nail Lacquer – Royal Navy: Nautical and naughty, this navy is the answer to your dark lacquer dreams.
2. Deborah Lippmann Nail Color – Lady is a Tramp: A classic sanguine red creme.
3. SpaRitual Nail Lacquer – Optical Illusion: A lively golden green glitter with superior shine, dry time and coverage.
4. Deborah Lippmann Nail Color – Let’s Go Crazy: A royal purple glitter.
5. SpaRitual Nail Lacquer – Slate: A grey metallic shimmer with superior shine, dry time and coverage.
6. butter LONDON 3 Free Nail Lacquer British Racing Green: Dark, “hunter green” that was the backstage darling when used at this season’s shows.
Whoever said chocolate was just for eating? While we love to indulge in this decedent treat, it also can be found in our favorite skincare and beauty products.
1. David Kirsch Wellness Protein Plus – Chocolate: Lose weight the healthy and natural way with Protein Plus! Chocolate flavor.
2. FarmHouse Fresh Sundae Best Chocolate Softening Mask: A chocolate mask that is a skin softener, wrinkle defender and skin revitalizer.
3. Pur Minerals Eye Pencil Chocolate Mica: This self-sharpening, mechanical eye pencil is formulated to provide long-lasting colors and maximum wearability.
4. NUXE Baume Prodigieux Nutri-Protecting Lip Gloss – Shimmering Chocolate: This gloss provides color, nourishment and SPF 15 to the lips.
5. Philip B Chocolate Milk Body Wash and Bubble Bath: Chocolate Milk time means good clean fun!
6. SpaRitual Nail Lacquer – Shimmer Shrewd: A chocolate brown shimmer with superior shine, dry time and coverage.
This is for all you vegans and veggies out there that want to use products to fit your lifestyle. Here’s some info on some vegan and vegetarian products that SkinStore.com offers. For those of you that may be newer to the world of vegetarianism I have made it pretty simple to spot out products to suit your preferences.
Strictly vegan lines do not contain such ingredients as milk, honey, lanolin (substance derived from sheep’s wool) or any animal derived ingredients. Vegetarian skin care lines may include lactic acid or honey, however any other animal based ingredients such as squalene, fish oil, gelatin, carmine (pigment from a beetle), collagen, vitamin A, and glycerin will not be included as these are all animal by products.
A lot of makeup companies that are vegan use synthetic materials for their brushes instead of animal hair. This works well for vegans and people allergic to animals that may not be able to tolerate natural fibers.
Some alternatives to animal based ingredients include vegetable glycerin, soy and plant proteins, or almond and olive oil. Vitamin A alternatives include vegetables such as carrots, wheat germ oil or a synthetic form of Vitamin A.
The brands listed below are vegan or vegetarian:
Nuxe: Contains no animal ingredients, synthetic coloring agents, no mineral oils, and is lab tested and under dermatological supervision.
Duwop: Is vegan, no animal testing, and uses many different antioxidants to improve the look of your skin to enhance makeup application
Sparitual: 100% vegan. We love this line for their fun colors, earth friendly packaging, and great smelling products.
Juara: 100% vegetarian, no animal testing, contains no artificial colorants, paraben-free, no sulfates or pthalates.
Arcona-vegan (except for honey used in only a few products). This is one of my new favorite product lines. The smell, texture, and efficacy of the products are untouchable!
Juice Beauty: Is vegetarian and uses a lot of organic ingredients.
Melvita: Is vegetarian and organic
Colorscience: vegetarian and offers a wide range of natural sunscreens.
Jack Black: vegan except for beeswax and silk amino acids that are in some of their products. They are cruelty, color and fragrance free.
Anthony Logistics: They are vegan except for their lip balms which contain beeswax.
Some companies are either reformulating their products or coming out with products that are exclusively vegetarian to meet the needs of consumers. Vegetarian based products have proven not to be just a fad, but offer real results and are here to stay!
Stay out a bit too late last night? Can’t be late for an 7 AM meeting? Move away from the coffee pot (coffee=dehydration) and read on. Use my skincare tips to look as if you’ve had eight hours of beauty sleep last night, instead of those margaritas!
When you can manage, crawl out of bed and into the shower – a blast of cold water will open your tired eyes. In the shower, lather up with an energizing body wash. I absolutely love Kneipp Rosemary Awakening Vitality Body Wash. This body wash has Rosemary essential oils, has an invigorating effect on the body. It also helps to improve circulation, awakening and energizing the skin.
If your face is looking a bit dull and puffy? Refresh your skin with an invigorating facial scrub. Exfoliating will shed dull skin cells and promote circulation, which drains excess fluids in your skin. Use a facial scrub with rounded polishing beads for gentle stimulation. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Buffing Beads is a great choice, it contains glycolic and salicylic acids to get deep into your pores to rid of dead skin cells and zap dirt related break-outs (I bet you forgot to wash your face last night!).
When you’ve finished your shower you’ll feel much better! Now, get the red out with redness relieving eye drops and apply a cool wash cloth or cotton pads over your eyes for a few minutes. Rest for a moment, but don’t fall asleep! The chill of a cold compress will shrink the capillaries and stimulate lymphatic drainage. Finish your eye treatment with a cooling eye gel. Rodial Dragon’s Blood Eye Gel instantly cooling gel refreshes and hydrates puffy tired eyes with Rose Water, Arnica and Dragons Blood. Instantly brighter, the delicate eye area is restructured to thicken translucent skin and plump wrinkles. Hyaluronic Acid comforts dehydrated skin and refines the skin’s surface for wide awake eyes.
Now get out there and conquer your day!
You can find all of the products mentioned in this blog at SkinStore.com.