Just because summer is over that simply is no excuse to neglect your tootsies. Give your feet the tender loving care they deserve! Here is how to give yourself a spa-like pedicure in the comfort of your own home.
- Basin Tub
- Foot Soak Bath Crystals
- Foot File or Foot Scrub
- Clean Dry Towel
- Foot Cream
- Nail Clippers and Nail File
- Cuticle Oil
- Manicure Wood Stick
- Cotton Swabs
- Nail Polish Remover
- Nail Primer Base Coat
- Your Favorite Shade of Nail Lacquer
- Nail Polish Top Coat
1. Remove any old toe nail polish with a cotton swab soaked in nail polish remover.
2. Dip your feet in a basin tub filled with warm water and foot soak bath crystals. The crystals will help to soften rough patches on your heels and soles. Soaking will aid in calming and soothing tired achy feet. Soak feet for 5- 10 minutes. Try finding Foot Soak Bath Crystals that contains essential oils; Many essential oils have antibacterial and antiseptic qualities.
3. Exfoliate the rough patches on your heals by using a foot file or foot scrub. This will leave your skin smoother and much softer. The exfoliation will aid in allowing the skin to absorb creams much more effectively.
4. Pat feet dry with a clean dry towel. Apply a rich, creamy foot cream. Massage the cream into the soles and pads of your feet. Make sure you are paying extra attention to tense muscles. When choosing a foot cream, you may want to select one that contains Peppermint oil. Peppermint oil may help to ease any pain or tension you might have. It also acts a stress reducer. Next, you want to dab cuticle oil onto your cuticles and massage in. Afterward, gently push cuticles back with an orange stick.
5. Clip and file nails into a rounded square shape. I recommend using a Glass nail file. Glass nail files deliver a very smooth finish, which is hard to achieve with traditional nail files. They are incredibly easy to use and will never become dull.
7. Paint each toe nail with a nail polish primer base coat. This will help to keep your nail polish from chipping as well as help keep the polish from staining the toe nail itself.
8. Paint on your favorite nail lacquer shade. Many colors that are popular for fall are rich reds, bold burgundy’s and passionate plums. Or go wild and explore your playful side and with an electric cobalt blue. Brush on two coats; wait a few minutes between each coat.
9. Apply a clear top coat and allow nails to fully dry before applying shoes or socks.
10. Enjoy your fresh and gorgeous pedicure.
Remember to enter into our Giveaway! Visit our Facebook page for more details!