Many people don’t like using toners in their daily skin care regimen, but when you have large pores you’ve have to keep your options open for products that yield results. The Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer tightens the appearance of pores and refines skin texture. It contains DMAE or (dimethylaminoethanol) a nutrient that improves skin tone and sagging. Studies show that people who use DMAE regularly had fewer wrinkles and more supple skin. This product also contains Salicylic Acid, a BHA used for its antimicrobial benefits. This ingredient has the ability to penetrate deep into the pore, exfoliating the interior of the pore as well as the surface of the skin.
To use, simply shake well and apply to a cotton pad and smooth over face and neck. Allow skin to dry before using other products. Use twice daily. If you have oily skin, this product will help decrease oil production and keep your skin matte. It’s a must have for any skin type.
Summertime is officially upon us! Here is a list of Beach Essentials to keep you looking fabulous!
– Hampton Sun Serious Shimmer Cooling Spray- Bronze: A body mist that cools and hydrates the skin on contact, using natural ingredients including Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Vitamins A through E.
– Hampton Sun SPF 15 Tanning Gel: For the sun-concerned person who likes to tan, but is worried about the harmful rays of the sun.
– Colorscience Sunforgettable SPF 30 Brush Perfectly Clear- Medium: This nearly invisible light weight mineral powder sunscreen comes in an easy-to-use retractable brush. The convenient, brush-on applicator makes all-over SPF application easy and quick.
– Hampton Sun After Sun Moisturizer: Hydrates and soothes skin with a fresh, with a rejuvenating pick-me-up scent. Revitalizes and invigorates the body with a blend of natural ingredients, Emblica Fruit extract, Aloe, Almond Oil, Walnut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Cocoa Butter, Tea Tree Oil, Green Tea Oil, and Chamomile.
– Heliocare: Heliocare capsules are an oral dietary supplement with antioxidant properties which help maintain the skin’s ability to protect against sun-related effects and aging.
– Colorscience Pro SPF 35 Sunforgettable Lip Shine- Pink: Give your lips a natural shimmer and shield from the environment with Lip Shine Gloss Colore SPF 35 by Colorescience Pro.
– Butter LONDON 3 Free Nail Lacquer- Molly Coddled: An opaque lavender orchid crème is the perfect nail color for summer.
Do you love your Clarisonic, but can’t decide which brush head is right for you?! Many people are either using the wrong brush head for their skin type or have no clue which one to use. No fear, I’m here to help! Here are the basics:
Normal Brush (light gray) – For those with normal skin and for use on your body. (Men love this brush head for their skin)
Sensitive Brush (white) – Most popular, gentle brush designed for normal skin, sensitive skin and first time Clarisonic users.
Delicate Brush (light blue) – Ultra sensitive brush best for extremely delicate skin.
Deep Pore Brush (aqua ring) – The only double-action brush designed to effectively clean large pores and the T-zone. Gentle enough for daily use.
Acne Brush (green ring) – Super Soft, specifically designed to be gentle on acne-prone skin.
Body Brush (gray) – For the body only, makes skin noticeably softer & smoother. Helps reduce dry patches on elbows & knees. Also, helps improve Keratosis Pilaris on the upper arms. This brush head will only work on the Clarisonic PLUS device.
To keep your brush head clean, simply rinse the brush head with antibacterial soap and warm water. We recommend replacing your Clarisonic brush head every 2-3 months.
You can find the products mentioned on SkinStore.com.
If you’ve ever had a breakout or experienced acne you know how frustrating it can be. Here’s a few of our favorite acne products that will help you achieve clear glowing skin.
1. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo – Makes a great spot treatment!
2. Topix Gly Sal 5-2 Pads – Convenient pad applicator is simple to use!
3. Jan Marini Bioglycolic Cream – Resurfaces the skin for a dramatically softer, smooth texture!
4. Baby Quasar Clear Rayz – Use LED light therapy to clear up acne and prevent future breakouts!
5. Clarisonic Mia Cleansing System – Cleanses skin 6x better than your hands alone!
Helpful tips to clear skin: Remember to never pick at pimples and avoid touching your face throughout the day. If you notice you’re always breaking out on your cheeks your pillowcase or makeup brushes may be the culprit. Make sure you wash your pillowcase and makeup brushes regularly.
You can find all of the acne fighting products mentioned above on SkinStore.com!
The sun is the number one reason for premature aging, wrinkles, loss of firmness, discoloration and redness. A broad spectrum sunscreen should be used daily to prevent sun damage and premature aging. By far, the best thing you can do for your skin’s overall health is to wear an SPF.
Here’s a list of my top sunscreens for summer!
1. SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50 – Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 provides high broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection with all natural physical filters, Zinc Oxide (Z-COTE) and Titanium Dioxide. Providing substantial power in an ultra-sheer, mattifying fluid, this sunscreen is infused with translucent color spheres to enhance natural skin tone. Tested on all ethnicities, this adaptable fluid provides discreet coverage while restoring radiance.
2. La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid – NewBeauty Choice Award- The best overall sunscreen.
Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid with Cell-Ox Shield is a synergistic combination of patented high efficacy sun filters and powerful anti-oxidants to further protect your skin.
This ultra light, fast absorbing sunscreen fluid provides SPF 60 and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with the breakthrough Cell-Ox Shield, to protect your skin, even at the cellular level. It’s excellent for use outdoors and at the beach.
The advanced UV filtering system of Anthelios 60 is a unique association of photostablized sunscreens for broad-spectrum and longer-lasting protection, with advanced efficiency against UVA rays. Anthelios 60 also uses a powerful anti-oxidant complex called Senna Alata, a tropical leaf extract known to defend skin cells.
3. SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 – This true broad-spectrum sunblock contains 7% transparent zinc oxide to help protect against the damaging effects of UVA and UVB rays. Cosmetically elegant and moisturizing, Ultimate UV Defense is ideal for daily use and perfect for high-altitude climates.
You can find these amazing products on SkinStore.com!
Still scratching your head trying to decide what to get dad for Father’s Day? Here’s a list of our top 5 picks that won‘t disappoint!
1. Clarisonic Mia Sonic Cleansing System- Graphite Gray: It’s time to think beyond the washcloth and elevate cleansing to a sonic level. Traditional methods of cleansing don’t get your skin as clean as you’d think. Clarisonic’s patented sonic technology works with skin’s natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities traditional methods leave behind—cleansing 6X better than your hands alone. In just 60 seconds, the sonic action removes impurities from pores so creams, serums and moisturizers absorb better. And with regular daily use you’ll notice a reduction in dry patches, oily areas and blemishes.
2. Billy Jealousy Beard Envy Kit: Billy Jealousy’s unique Beard Envy Kit includes a hydrating beard wash with Aloe and Soy Protein, an extra-firm, boar bristle brush and a styling beard control product with Jojoba Oil. This set is guaranteed to make you look like you’re cut from royalty in no time. Refine the rugged.
3. The Art of Shaving Full Size Kit- Unscented: The Art of Shaving products are aromatherapy-based, scented with 100% pure essential oils selected for their therapeutic skin properties and specifically blended for a variety of skin types.
This elegant kit includes four of The Art of Shaving’s high-quality products to provide optimal shaving results while protecting against ingrown hairs, razor burn, and nicks and cuts.
4. AHAVA Men’s Travel Kit: A great way to take your travel essentials with you when you’re on the go. The Men’s Travel Kit includes trial sizes of AHAVA’s Exfoliating Cleansing Gel and Foam Free Shaving Cream, with a travel size Soothing After-Shave Moisturizer. A practical travel bag keeps you organized wherever travels take you!
5. L’Occitane Eau de Toilette for Men: Lavender from Haute-Provence is blended with the peppery, nutmeg scent of toasted wood. A panoramic and complex fragrance, redolent with rich scents of Provence, in all their ruggedness and mystery. Skin is left fragranced with the aromatic and spicy L’Occitane scent.
You can find all of these amazing gifts on SkinStore.com! Dad will be the best groomed man on the block!
Allure’s The Best of Beauty Award Winner! The ultimate make up sponge applicator. The Beautyblender was invented by top Hollywood make up artist Rea Ann Silva. The Beautyblender’s elliptical shape is designed to match the contours of your face and its lack of edges eliminates streaks allowing for perfect makeup application every time. The Beautyblender is non-allergenic, latex free & fragrance free. To use you simply, drench Beautyblender with water and squeeze out excess and dry to dampened state with clean towel. Use pointed end to blend under eye concealer and foundation around the nose. The rounded end is used to stiple on foundation – liquid, cream or powder, blush or bronzer.
Wash your Beautyblender with the Beautyblender’s specially formulated Blendercleanser – liquid or solid and then allow to air dry. SkinStore.com now has the Beautyblender in three colors, orignal (pink), pure (white) & the newest addition pro (black). So, if you are still using your fingers to apply your make up its time to convert over to the most modernized way to do your make up and try the Beautyblender.
Do you have oily skin? Shiny T-zone? Having a hard time finding the right light weight moisturizer for your skin type? Here is a list of our best moisturizers for Oily Skin:
ARCONA Magic White Ice: This daily hydrating gel moisturizes deep within the dermis without clogging pores, to protect against environmental damage and leave the skin feeling fresh and dewy. This formula moisturizes skin with White Cranberry complex, Hyaluronic Acid and Mucopolysaccharides.
DDF Ultra-Light Oil Free Moisturizing Dew: DDF Ultra Light Oil Free Moisturizing Dew is an oil, fragrance and dye-free moisturizer great for all skin types including acne prone. Contains Aloe Vera, Vitamins A, E and C, and Grape seed for comfortable, non-greasy hydration. DDF Ultra Light Oil Free Moisturizing Dew absorbs quickly and will not clog pores.
DCL Oil-Free Ultra-Light Hydrator: This fragrance-free moisturizing lotion provides hydration without oil to oily/acne prone skin. This formula leaves skin smooth and hydrated without greasiness.
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer: Do you suffer from moisture-phobia? People with naturally oily skin often steer clear of products that they fear will exacerbate the problem. Oil Free Moisturizer eliminates that apprehension with its unique ability to hydrate, keep oil production in check, and provide anti-aging benefits, as well! Formulated without oils, parabens, or fragrances, this lightweight cream leaves nothing behind but smooth, supple skin.
Yonka Pamplemousse PG: A true shot of energy, this light, luscious cream, with a citrus scent, brightens up skin tone and vitalizes the epidermis. This cream is recommended for normal to oily skin, with a higher concentration of fruit, it helps to tighten the pores.
All skin types need a moisturizer, even oily skin. If you have oily skin and are not using a moisturizer daily, it could make your skin produce more oil to compensate for it. To help keep the oil at bay, be sure to use a light weight moisturizer daily.
ARCONA Triad Pads are convenient on the go cotton pads that cleanse, tone and hydrate while infusing the skin with protective antioxidants to leave you glowing and refreshed. ARCONA products do not contain parabens, sulfates, perfumes dye or fillers. It is a pure, natural skincare line using Enzymatic-based ingredients that include high concentrations of antioxidants, plant lipids and extracts, vitamins and minerals. The benefits include:
-Protects & clarifies skin with Cranberry
-Helps neutralize free radicals
-Nourishes and heals skin
-Removes makeup as it cleanses and tones.
These pads are perfect for travel. They can be used as a toner, cleanser & makeup remover. They are also great for sensitive skin. I never go a day without them!
Melasma also known as the mask of pregnancy is hyperpigmentation that forms patches of brown to gray-brown patches on the face. It’s most often found on the cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, chin and above the upper lip. Melasma occurs when the color making cells in the skin or melanocytes produce too much color. If you have a darker complexion you’re more prone to melasma because you have more active melanocytes than someone with a lighter complexion.
Common causes include:
Sun exposure: Ultraviolet or UV light from the sun stimulates the melanocytes. Even just a small amount of sun exposure can make your melasma return after fading. It often gets worse in the summer with continued sun exposure.
Change in hormones: Melasma is common in pregnant women, is often called chloasma or the mask of pregnancy. Birth control pills can also trigger melasma.
Not all hyperpigmentation is Melasma. To be properly diagnosed, you will need to see a Dermatologist.
Hydroquinone-this can be found in a 2% strength OTC or 4% strength with a prescription, to help lighten the skin.
Tretinoin- a prescription vitamin A or all-trans retinoic acid enhances skin lightening.
Professional treatments that may help include: chemical peels, microdermabrasion and dermabrasion.
Melasma is a difficult skin condition to treat because sun exposure, the main cause, is present in our everyday lives. It’s very important to wear sunscreen every day and reapply every 2 hours. If you know you will be in the sun for long periods of time, be sure to wear a wide brim floppy hat for more coverage.
We recommend PCA SKIN Pigment Gel and Colorscience Pro Sunforgettable Mineral Sun Protection Brush SPF 50 for best results.