Winter is here and with winter comes dry skin. If you’re like me, not only are you experiencing dryness it’s also difficult to find a good moisturizer for your sensitive skin. Well wait no more Skin Authority Ultra Rich Moisturizer is here. Not only does this moisturizer restores skin’s moisture balance and evens your skin tone it can also be used for: post waxing irritations, post peels, and mild sunburn or windburn. This luxurious daily moisturizing formula deeply saturates skin with the penetrating hydration of Bergamot Oil, Cranberry, Grape Seed, Aloe and Shea Butter to restore the hydrolipidic barrier. The anti-inflammatory benefits of mango soothes redness and irritation while bergamot evens out your skin tone. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
I know you probably have a million things in your makeup case. But do you have an eyeshadow primer? If the answer is no, then we strongly suggest that you get one! Why? Because if you have 600 different shadows and pigments in your makeup collection but don’t have a primer then chances are those eyeshadows are not living their ‘lives’ to the fullest.
An eyeshadow primer will set your eyeshadow and allow for pigments to become much more saturated and visible on the lid, therefore you’ll need less shadow, therefore… you’ll spend less time and less effort packing on the color! And what’s more; an eyeshadow primer will prevent creasing and fading through the day AND it’ll help to conceal any initial redness or veins on your lids- so you can skip the concealer!
Our favorite (and best selling- seriously sells like hot cakes) is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Check out this video for more info on our choice:
With the holiday season over, it’s time to pamper yourself with the WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask.You’ve spent months planning holiday events and shopping for others. It’s a new year and the perfect time to focus on you! Give your skin the pampering it deserves. The WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask is exactly what you need. Within ten minutes you will remove impurities, skin cell buildup, and minimize the appearance of pores. Your skin will be improved with a more refined texture. Golden Root keeps your skin looking young and smooth. This beautifully packaged set comes with 8 masks and an application brush.
Do you have sensitive skin and find it hard to find a good moisturizer? Well rest assured, ATOPALM is here. Their Intensive Moisturizing Cream is not only great as a facial cream; you can use it for your body as well. It’s a unique, paraben-free cream for dry and sensitive skin that helps to restore the skins’ protective moisture barrier, leading to softer and healthier skin.
Finally! A facial cream has been made for sensitive and dry skin that aids in restoring the natural lipids from your skin barrier which are depleted by harsh skin treatments, making it perfect for use after microdermabrasion. Intensive Moisturizing Cream leaves the skin feeling soft and supple. Don’t just take my word for it. Try it for yourself and you’ll see that ATOPALM Intensive Moisturizing Cream is one of the best 2 in 1 creams for sensitive and dry skin.
Blotting linens are a perfect way to absorb excess facial oil throughout the day without adding weight, product, or disturbing your makeup. Boscia has a variety of blotting linens available at SkinStore.com and the price is perfectly fit for any budget! Choose from seven 100% natural linens or natural botanical fibers that are mildly scented with essence of vanilla, lavender, rose, orange, peppermint, green tea and unscented.
Cleaning your makeup brushes is a chore. If you have a lot of brushes (like, yours truly) it can be pretty time consuming. It can also take up a fair amount of bathroom counter space as well. None the less, it must be done. Makeup brushes can hold bacteria that can lead to acne breakouts, dermatitis, or even infection. I know you are asking yourself “How often should you wash them?” Well, you should wash the brushes you use to apply powder, blush or bronzer once a week and wash the brushes used on the eyes and lips after every other use. I love to clean mine with a clarifying shampoo. It gets the “gunk” out. After shampooing them you want to lay them flat on a clean dry towel to air dry. Once the brushes are dry, they feel silky and are clean as a whistle. You will even notice a difference in how easily the products just glide on.
Do you want an anti aging product that is natural? Many of our customer would shout out a loud “Yes, Please!” As an Esthetician here at Skinstore.com, I help people select the right products for their skin everyday. Many of the customers I help want to fight off the signs of aging (Who doesn’t?) and many of those same customers are also concerned about the products they use. They would like the products to be made with natural ingredients. They are also concerned about reducing their own carbon footprint. So with that being said, I have compiled a list of the top five natural anti aging skin care creams we carry here at Skinstore.com.
This rich and creamy moisturizer will hydrate, leaving skin feeling soft and supple, all while reducing redness. Some customers reported a positive change in their skin’s appearance in just two weeks!
Infused with Hyaluronic acid, this moisturizer glides on smooth and absorbs quickly. It has a light scent which was described by one of our reviewers as “Like breathing in a French herb garden on a dewy morning”. I think that sounds just fabulous!
This luxurious cream feels heavy in texture but melts in without leaving your skin feeling sticky. This cream is very versatile and can be used as a day or night cream.
Many of our customers have reported waking up with a smoother, brighter complexion after using this Night cream. One reviewer even boasted that even her husband noticed her face feeling softer!
Who doesn’t want to fight wrinkles AND free radicals? This antioxidant armed product gives wrinkles and fines lines a one, two punch! It has a velvety rich texture that is suitable for all skin types.
Remember to enter into our latest GIVEAWAY! Visit our Facebook page for more details!
What is Eczema? Eczema is a red, inflamed and irritated patch of skin. It is an inherited condition that can flare up and subside due to a few different factors. It is often accompanied by asthma or hay fever. The cause of eczema is unknown, but many medical professionals believe that it may be related to a deficiency in the body’s immune system. Eczema appears as thickened, cracked or scaly skin. It can affect any area of the body, but is typically found on the arms and legs. Many individuals also suffer from Eczema on the scalp.
Avoid Environmental Triggers
Rapid changes in body temperature (this usually occurs when we are stressed) can cause skin to become inflamed and irritated. Avoid detergents, harsh soaps and fragrances, as well as wool fabric products, as they can aggravate the skin. If you suffer from scalp Eczema avoid hair care products which contain sulfates.
Take a calming bath
Adding raw oatmeal, baking soda or a calming bath cream, such as Avene Professional Trixera Plus Selectiose Emollient Cleansing Bath to warm water can soothe and calm sensitized skin.
Choose products designed for sensitive skin
Avoid skin care products that contain perfumes, dyes, and harsh detergents. Look for products designed to calm and soothe the skin and are intended for those with sensitive skin.
Keep skin hydrated
Keeping skin moisturized can avoid flare ups. Choose heavier lotions and creams designed for dry to very dry skin conditions. Moisturizers like ATOPALM Intensive Moisturizing Cream help to boost the skin’s barrier function while protecting it from environmental stresses.
Eczema is often confused with other skin conditions like psoriasis and dermatitis, so it’s always best to consult a dermatologist, physician, or immunologist to determine your skin condition and best treatments available.
Just because summer is over that simply is no excuse to neglect your tootsies. Give your feet the tender loving care they deserve! Here is how to give yourself a spa-like pedicure in the comfort of your own home.
- Basin Tub
- Foot Soak Bath Crystals
- Foot File or Foot Scrub
- Clean Dry Towel
- Foot Cream
- Nail Clippers and Nail File
- Cuticle Oil
- Manicure Wood Stick
- Cotton Swabs
- Nail Polish Remover
- Nail Primer Base Coat
- Your Favorite Shade of Nail Lacquer
- Nail Polish Top Coat
1. Remove any old toe nail polish with a cotton swab soaked in nail polish remover.
2. Dip your feet in a basin tub filled with warm water and foot soak bath crystals. The crystals will help to soften rough patches on your heels and soles. Soaking will aid in calming and soothing tired achy feet. Soak feet for 5- 10 minutes. Try finding Foot Soak Bath Crystals that contains essential oils; Many essential oils have antibacterial and antiseptic qualities.
3. Exfoliate the rough patches on your heals by using a foot file or foot scrub. This will leave your skin smoother and much softer. The exfoliation will aid in allowing the skin to absorb creams much more effectively.
4. Pat feet dry with a clean dry towel. Apply a rich, creamy foot cream. Massage the cream into the soles and pads of your feet. Make sure you are paying extra attention to tense muscles. When choosing a foot cream, you may want to select one that contains Peppermint oil. Peppermint oil may help to ease any pain or tension you might have. It also acts a stress reducer. Next, you want to dab cuticle oil onto your cuticles and massage in. Afterward, gently push cuticles back with an orange stick.
5. Clip and file nails into a rounded square shape. I recommend using a Glass nail file. Glass nail files deliver a very smooth finish, which is hard to achieve with traditional nail files. They are incredibly easy to use and will never become dull.
7. Paint each toe nail with a nail polish primer base coat. This will help to keep your nail polish from chipping as well as help keep the polish from staining the toe nail itself.
8. Paint on your favorite nail lacquer shade. Many colors that are popular for fall are rich reds, bold burgundy’s and passionate plums. Or go wild and explore your playful side and with an electric cobalt blue. Brush on two coats; wait a few minutes between each coat.
9. Apply a clear top coat and allow nails to fully dry before applying shoes or socks.
10. Enjoy your fresh and gorgeous pedicure.
Remember to enter into our Giveaway! Visit our Facebook page for more details!
- Dust on Jane Iredale Moonglow Golden Bronzer for a “Golden Goddess” look. This is an all over bronzer, made with 24-Karat gold flakes will liven up your complexion and create a flattering, natural glow.
- Punch up the color in your cheeks with Stila Custom Color Blush. This amazing one-shade-fits-all powder blush compliments every skin tone.
- Add some drama by lining the lower inner rim of your eyes with Jane Iredale Eye Pencil – Basic Black.
- Curl your lashes with Blinc Heated Lash Curler. This simple to use lash curler shapes lashes in seconds. It’s perfect for the girl on the go.
- Paint on Too Faced Lash Injection – Pitch Black for thick voluminous lashes.
- No evening look would be complete without a vivid lip stain. Stila Raspberry Crush Lip and Cheek Stain is just what your pout needs for a night on the town. Lastly, Top lips with Stila Lip Glaze Angel Food and you are ready to go!
Remember to enter into our latest GIVEAWAY! Visit our Facebook page for more details!