Classic beauty withstands the test of time. Starlets like Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe, and Princess Diana all share a common grace and elegance. Images of them today remain as iconic and in style as ever before. Idealized for their beauty, we can follow their lead, incorporating effortless style into our own daily make-up regimen.
Timeless make-up is youthful and fresh. Try to avoid colors that are either too bright or too dark and steer clear of outlandish trends. Neutral colors that enhance your natural skin tone are best.
Face: The right foundation lays the groundwork for a timeless look. First, prime and prep the skin. Make-up goes on smoother and lasts longer when you apply a moisturizer and make-up primer. Moisturizer hydrates and plumps the skin, while a primer camouflages large pores and imperfections. Keep in mind, less is more with foundation. Apply foundation sparingly, while paying special attention to areas that need more coverage and blend outward. For liquid foundation users, set with a translucent powder for long lasting coverage.
Eyes: The trick is to play up the natural shape and color of your eyes. Neutral shades of beige, gray, brown, gold, champagne, pale pink, mauve, and plum are best. Start by applying a light to medium shade of beige, nude, champagne, or pink as the all over base color. Next, accentuate the crease and outer corner of the eye with a darker shade. A medium gray, brown, or plum that is two to three shades darker than the base color creates perfect definition. Lastly, add highlight just below the brow and to the inside corner of the eye. A very light nude, white, or pale pink with a hint of iridescence works beautifully.
Next, accentuate the shape of your eyes by lining the top eyelid following closely along the lash line with a dark brown, gray or black liner. Leave the bottom eye unlined for a fresh faced look or line sparingly from the bottom inside corner of the eye and darken in color towards the outside corner of the eye. This draws more attention to the outside corners of the eyes, making eyes appear larger. Finish off the eyes with a few coats of dark brown or black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Insider tip: Black liner and mascara will make the whites of your eyes whiter and brightens tired eyes.
Cheeks: Often disregarded, yet one of the simplest ways to brighten your complexion is by applying blush. A rosy flush gives cheeks a youthful healthy glow. Select a color that matches your natural flush or if you were to pinch your cheeks. Sweep the color from the apples of the cheeks towards your hairline. Remember to build the color gradually, to avoid applying too much.
Insider tip: To slim the face blend a contour color to the hollows of your cheeks, just below the cheekbone. Select a matte bronzer or powder foundation that is slightly darker than your skin tone. Finish with a touch of highlighting powder on the top of the cheekbone for added pop.
Lips: Lip color should enhance and brighten your natural tone. The key is to pick a color that is one to two shades darker than your natural lip color. To create fullness, line your lips with a lip liner that matches or is slightly darker than your lip color. For added dimension add a bit of gloss in a lighter shade to the center of your pout.
Brows: Polish off your timeless daytime look by grooming your brows. Fill in with a neutral toned brow pencil that matches your natural hair color. Start from the head of the brow using light feathery strokes as you make your way towards the arch and tail of the brow. Next, define the shape of your brows by tweezing stray hairs. Lastly, apply a clear brow gel to set your hairs in place.
Insider tip: Tweezing too many hairs at once can leave holes or gaps in the brow. For better precision, use tweezers with a slanted tip for tweezing one hair at a time.
SkinStore has all of the products you need to acheive the perfect classic look!
SkinStore.com has just what you need to achieve Fall’s latest beauty trends. Right off the runway from the classic cat eye, red lips, prune eyes, wine hued lips, sunset shadows and steel eyes we’ve got you covered! Here are our top picks for Fall.
Cat Eyes: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Intense Black
Red Lips: DuWop Private Lipstick Red
Plum Eyes: Stila Eye Shadow Trio – Venus
Wine Hued Lips: Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream – Divine Wine
Steel Eyes: IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Trio in Pretty in Smoke
Sunset Shadow: Jane Iredale PurePressed Eye Shadow – Rose Gold
SkinStore.com is your source for this year’s hottest Fall nail colors. From midnight blue to emerald green, we have a huge selection of the perfect colors for your beautiful Autumn nails. Looking for nail treatment products? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Click here for our top picks!
1. butter LONDON 3 Free Nail Lacquer – Royal Navy: Nautical and naughty, this navy is the answer to your dark lacquer dreams.
2. Deborah Lippmann Nail Color – Lady is a Tramp: A classic sanguine red creme.
3. SpaRitual Nail Lacquer – Optical Illusion: A lively golden green glitter with superior shine, dry time and coverage.
4. Deborah Lippmann Nail Color – Let’s Go Crazy: A royal purple glitter.
5. SpaRitual Nail Lacquer – Slate: A grey metallic shimmer with superior shine, dry time and coverage.
6. butter LONDON 3 Free Nail Lacquer British Racing Green: Dark, “hunter green” that was the backstage darling when used at this season’s shows.
1. Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power CX30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum : Camu Camu Brightening Serum helps to improve collagen production, brighten, smooth, firm, revitalize and improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles. The Amazonian Camu Camu berry has 30 times the Vitamin C of an orange. This highly concentrated Vitamin C has superior absorption properties due to its low molecular weight allowing it to better penetrate the skin. Powerful antioxidant Camu Camu with Vitamins A, D and E also helps revitalize the look of skin while helping to fight free radical attack.
2. SkinMedica Vitamin C Plus E Complex: This rejuvenating complex formulated with 15% Vitamin C, may help to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and sun spots while fighting the future damaging effects of the sun. A sophisticated delivery system utilizing a water soluble silicon gel, allowing the aqueous form of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) to be slowly released throughout the day. The lipid soluble form of Vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate) diffuses directly into the skin for antioxidant defense.
3. Jan Marini C-ESTA Serum: Jan Marini Skin Research C-ESTA Serum containing DAE Complex is the culmination of years of intensive medical research that has resulted in the first stabilized form of lipid soluble topically applied Vitamin C in a patented delivery vehicle combined with other essential factors. Studies show C-ESTA containing DAE Complex is able to create conditions in the skin that enable dramatic rejuvenation beyond any technology available. Within a short period of time the skin’s texture will begin to appear smoother and more supple. With continued use, the skin will become measurably firmer, more resilient, and facial contours will appear tighter and more defined. Deeper lines will appear far less pronounced, skin tones will even and the skin will appear noticeably younger and healthier.
4. ARCONA Youth Serum: This powerful anti-aging serum helps to prevent photo-aging, fine lines and loss of elasticity. This daytime treatment neutralizes the damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays, stimulates collagen and elastin growth with Vitamin C-rich L-ascorbic acid and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate.
5. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF: Phloretin CF represents a new class of preventive and corrective topical antioxidant treatment. After five years of extensive research, SkinCeuticals developed this patent-pending breakthrough technology combining the newly-discovered, broad-range power of Phloretin with Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid in a biodiverse formulation to divide and conquer sources of damage at every level. Phloretin CF, a broad-spectrum treatment, protects against not only free radicals, but the range of other reactive molecules known to cause damage and DNA mutations among the integral cell types. In addition, it corrects existing damage by stimulating the synthesis of essential proteins and fibers and accelerating cell turnover. The result — a strengthened support structure on the inside and a more youthful, firm, radiant appearance on the outside.
6. PCA SKIN C-Strength 15 Percent with 5 Percent Vitamin E: This stable and effective Vitamin C and E topical treatment minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and strengthens the skin by stimulating the fibroblasts to produce matrix proteins. This anhydrous formulation uses advanced vitamin suspension technology that keeps the 15% L-ascorbic acid protected and completely stable until applied to the skin.
Product mavens are always on the hunt for the latest and greatest lotion or potion. They’re hoping to discover an ingredient so magical; it will unleash the gift of eternal youth. Although the fountain of youth has yet to be discovered, the newest wonder ingredient to hit the market is Argireline. Manufacturers near and far are scooping up this key ingredient up in hopes of adding it to their newest concoctions.
Argireline, also known as acetyl hexapeptide-3 is a revolutionary peptide shown to relax facial muscles therefore smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Peptides are made up of proteins, which stimulates collagen production resulting in a more youthful appearance. Argireline, acetyl hexapaptide-3 is a chain of six amino acids attached to the residue of acetic acid.
The topical application of Argireline is an effective alternative to Botox treatments without the need of painful injections. Similar to Botox, acetyl hexapeptide-3 relaxes muscle contractions lessening the appearance of crow’s feet, frown lines, and deep lines on the forehead.
Two of our most popular products containing Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 are DermaQuest Skin Therapy Peptide Mobilizer and Janson Beckett AlphaDerma CE. This formula also contains alpha lipoic acid, vitamin C ester, DMAE, elastin, collagen, and soy. This powerful combination of ingredients work synergistically; the skin is brighter, firmer, smoother, and moisturized with undeniable results.
Looking to add a quick and easy boost to your skincare routine? Alchimie Forever Kantic Brightening Mask does just that! Your complexion is instantly revived, glowing and radiant. It’s great to use right before a big event or to indulge at home with your own mini facial. This creamy mask is packed full of natural botanicals to soothe redness, brighten dull skin and hydrate for a radiant glow. Oats soften the skin while wild pansies soothe distressed skin and calm irritation. Grape extracts protect the skin from environmental stress and blueberry reduces facial redness. For best results we recommend to apply twice a week for 15-20 minutes on clean skin. This mask is suitable for all skin types, but is ideal for dry, sensitive or even rosacea prone skin types. Can’t wait to try it?! Enter our SkinStore Giveaway for your chance to win your very own! CLICK HERE to enter.
Whoever said chocolate was just for eating? While we love to indulge in this decedent treat, it also can be found in our favorite skincare and beauty products.
1. David Kirsch Wellness Protein Plus – Chocolate: Lose weight the healthy and natural way with Protein Plus! Chocolate flavor.
2. FarmHouse Fresh Sundae Best Chocolate Softening Mask: A chocolate mask that is a skin softener, wrinkle defender and skin revitalizer.
3. Pur Minerals Eye Pencil Chocolate Mica: This self-sharpening, mechanical eye pencil is formulated to provide long-lasting colors and maximum wearability.
4. NUXE Baume Prodigieux Nutri-Protecting Lip Gloss – Shimmering Chocolate: This gloss provides color, nourishment and SPF 15 to the lips.
5. Philip B Chocolate Milk Body Wash and Bubble Bath: Chocolate Milk time means good clean fun!
6. SpaRitual Nail Lacquer – Shimmer Shrewd: A chocolate brown shimmer with superior shine, dry time and coverage.
Avoiding foods because of their bad reputation? I would’ve thought your mom taught you better than that! You can’t believe everything that you hear or read. Here’s the lowdown on some of the most notorious foods, with surprising results!
Bad Rap: High in fat and calories (16 grams of fat and 188 calories per two tablespoons)
Fact: Nuts are a great source of heart healthy unsaturated fats and provide essential fatty acids. Peanut Butter also helps you feel satisfied longer, preventing cravings in between meals.
Bad Rap: High in fat (half of one has 14.8 grams)
Fact: Decreases the risk of heart disease because they are high in “good” monounsaturated fat. Avocado is also high in potassium, which is an important mineral for regulating blood pressure.
Bad Rap: Increases blood pressure, jittery side effect
Fact: Boosts energy and contains chlorogenic acid, which has been linked to preventing diabetes and Parkinson’s disease.
Bad Rap: Loaded with sugar
Fact: Packed with antioxidants, grape juice has similar health benefits to red wine. Studies have shown that it aides in lowering blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels. It also boosts memory and helps prevent aging.
Bad Rap: Often fried and loaded with butter or cheese make it an extremely unhealthy dish.
Fact: Without adding all of the high fat, high calories toppings, potatoes are surprisingly a low calorie food. Potatoes are high in fiber, vitamin C, and B6, and a mere 103 calories. Skip the sour cream and opt for a dollop of low fat yogurt for a fit alternative.
Bad Rap: Raise cholesterol levels and high in fat
Fact: Eggs are great sources of protein and low in calories. Plus, the American Dietetic Association found that people who ate eggs for breakfast had more energy and a lower body weight than those who ate a carb loaded meal.
Now that you know the truth, dig in. They all deserve a second chance!
As the summer rolls on we find ourselves gravitating toward vitamin C products that lighten, brighten, and tighten. But, are all Vitamin C products created equal?
One of the newest forms of Vitamin C, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is a stable, lipid soluble form. This type of Vitamin C is generally recognized by the skin better than a water soluble from of Vitamin C such as L-Ascorbic Acid.
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate has many benefits that help it stand out from the rest. This form of Vitamin C has been shown to stimulate the production of Glycosaminoglycans which are proteins that keep the skin hydrated. It’s gentle, so even people with the most sensitive skin can use it. And the stability of Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is about 18 months, which is longer than other forms of Vitamin C at about six months.
One of our favorite Vitamin C products with Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is SkinMedica Vitamin C Plus E Complex. This rejuvenating complex is formulated with 15% Vitamin C to help to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and sun spots while fighting the future damaging effects of the sun.
What’s your favorite Vitamin C product?
More and more men are interested in how to look their best as they age. You may want to point your distinguished man in the direction of ZIRH. Thanks to ZIRH, men now have their own award-winning line of skin care and shaving products to achieve healthy, flawless skin on their own terms. ZIRH just launched Reverse, the first dual phase anti-aging serum designed for men. It goes beyond traditional creams to deliver potent anti-aging results without the heaviness. Reverse is different than other anti-aging products due to its’ blue helix. The blue helix delivers soft-focus particles that instantly transforms the look of surface textures like fine lines and pores. A vitamin and penta-peptide complex firms the skin for a more youthful appearance. Over time fine lines and wrinkles are noticeably reduced.
-Niacinamide – promotes a healthy skin barrier to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
-Silicone Elastomer – particles that fill in surface texture to leave skin looking immediately smoother and younger.
-Glycerine – binds water into upper layers of the skin to provide long lasting hydration.
-Penta-peptide – designed to allow the natural production of collagen and is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Starting today, you can enter to win this amazing product! CLICK HERE to enter the giveaway!