There are certain ingredient staples everyone should have in their daily care regimen to maintain a healthy complexion. Two of the most important are vitamin C and vitamin E; potent antioxidants, they both help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting an even skin tone. When used together in a formulation, vitamins C and E take part in a synergistic relationship that provides even more health benefits to the skin than using each alone.
UV-exposure causes free radicals to be produced, which in turn attack cells’ lipid membranes, trying to get to the DNA where cell damage and mutations can occur. Since vitamin E (tocopherol) is lipid-soluble, it has the ability to neutralize these free radicals before any damage to the skin cells takes place. Through this neutralization process, however, the vitamin E becomes a free radical, requiring the water-soluble vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) to react with the vitamin E, turning it into a stable molecule once more.
Because equal amounts of vitamin C are used to neutralize the unstable vitamin E, the most effective formulations will have lower percentages of vitamin E and higher percentages of vitamin C.
Skincare line PCA SKIN® has just launched two new breakthrough products containing maximum amounts of pure 5% vitamin E (tocopherol) that boast dramatic, visible results in as little as one week of daily use. C&E Strength and C&E Strength Max contain 15% and 20% vitamin C, respectively, along with pure 5% vitamin E, offering rapid, visible results within one to five weeks of daily use.
You can find these products on SkinStore.com.
The idea of getting a peel can be scary to newcomers — it’s easy to visualize painful, peeling, flaky skin, or think of what happened to Samantha on Sex and the City. But we at Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare know that our patented two-step Alpha Beta Peel is the easy, quick, pain-free way to get firmer skin, smaller pores, and a radiant complexion. Did you know, though, that it’s also the safest way to exfoliate your skin?
The benefits of regular exfoliation are hard to ignore — brighter skin, decreased skin imperfections (including fine lines and wrinkles!) and a clearer, healthier complexion are just a few perks — but it’s easy to overexfoliate when using a scrub. Harsh scrub products can be abrasive on the skin, leading to irritation and redness. What does Dr. Gross recommend? He doesn’t advise physical or mechanical exfoliation because he’s found microexfoliation to not just be gentler, but more effective.
The Alpha Beta Peel requires two steps to work – the surface refining first step and the deep treating second step work together for an immediate difference in your skin with no downtime. Get Dr. Gross’ #1 clinical procedure in the comfort of your home daily! Choose between Original, for sensitive skin or first-time peel users, or Extra Strength, for normal to less sensitive skin.
You can find Dr. Dennis Gross products on SkinStore.com.
Summer is the perfect time to breeze into healthfulness. There are so many ways to maintain and nourish the body, mind and spirit, while protecting and enhancing your complexion. But let’s keep it simple! Caring for skin is never as delicious as it is in the summertime, when some of our best defenses come directly from the garden and when easy is always best.
Here are some of our favorite tips to care for summer skin effortlessly.
-Staying hydrated is key in the warmer months. Eating local, seasonal fruit—like watermelon—not only provides excellent hydration, but contains crucial enzymes and nutrients for skin.
-Introducing plenty of raw vegetables to your diet gives skin a real boost. Carrots contain major antioxidants. Avocados are rich in fatty acids. Tomatoes and lemons are packed with collagen-supporting Vitamin C, another powerful antioxidant source.
-Plant butters and plant oils—including avocado and shea—are great for summer cooking, but also benefit dry skin when applied directly. Found in formulations throughout our collection, and providing a strong base for Antioxidant Crème and Intensive Repair Balm, they provide excellent hydration and an extra layer of UV protection when worn under sunscreen.
-Stirring a little coconut oil into your favorite fresh fruit smoothie, or into a hot cup of tea, can actually reduce your body’s need for antioxidants, and can help prevent damage to body tissues, and slow skin’s aging.
You can find Tammy Fender’s Skincare line on SkinStore.com.
Think you know what’s causing your excess oil? It could be caused by seasonal transitions, hormones, or even medications. But before you make any lifestyle change, learn about the 5 common products in your daily skin care routine that may be the culprit, and find out how to control oily skin.
1. Your scrub. Over-doing it when it comes to exfoliating can rob your skin of its natural moisture, causing it to produce even more oil to compensate. There can be “too much of a good thing” with exfoliation, so I recommend using physical exfoliants up to 3 times a week, and keep your pressure light when massaging physical scrubs into your skin.
2. Your inadequate sunscreen. Although it might temporarily dry out your skin, a tan damages the DNA inside your skin cells and triggers an injury response that causes oil production to surge so your skin stays protected. Make sure you choose an SPF that’s labeled “broad spectrum” to keep UVA and UVB rays from doing damage, so oil production stays under control. And make it a daily habit, rain or shine – up to 80% of UV radiation can penetrate through clouds!
3. Your “squeaky” clean cleanser. You might think it’s helping your oil control cause, but using a cleanser that makes your skin feel dry and tight is doing anything but! The result is skin that’s stripped of its protective hydrolipidic barrier, causing it to rapidly produce more oil to compensate for what’s missing. Make sure you’re using a cleanser formulated for your exact skin type, to provide the moisture-to-oil balance it needs.
4. Your “one-size-fits-all” anti-ager. Anti-aging ingredients like retinol or peptides are meant to target skin aging concerns like wrinkles or firmness. If you have an Oily skin type, these formulas may be just too emollient. So choose an anti-aging night creme that’s designed specifically for oilier skin, and offers oil control along with anti-aging benefits, like Bioelements Oil Control Sleepwear.
5. Your oil blotters. A common pseudo-solution to remove excess oil is to blot it away – and not just with the blotting papers you find skin care aisles. I’ve heard people recommend everything from coffee shop napkins to toilet seat covers to beat an oily t-zone! No matter what you’re using to blot, it only pushes most of the day’s dirt, oil and makeup back in deep into your pores, where it causes breakouts, congestion, and even more oil. Stop oil at its source with an Oil Control Mattifier that balances oil production within the pore, and absorbs excess oil as it develops. Apply it under your makeup, before your SPF, to keep skin shine-free, and apply it over your makeup as needed for a pore-friendly solution to control oil throughout the day.
You can find the products mentioned above on SkinStore.com.
The world seems to be obsessed with the question on how to get thin quick. How can I get thinner arms, a thinner waist or thinner legs? But the one thing we don’t want is thinner hair.
As we mature, hormones in our scalp begin to produce higher levels of DHT, the primary toxin that clogs hair follicles and causes hair to grow back weak and thin. This puts us on a different quest on how to get thick – quick.
To combat the root of the problem, ingredients like Red Clover Extract, Nettle Root and Saw Palmetto help detoxify the scalp and block the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. These ingredients, along with a mix of other nutrients, were combined to create Red Clover Growth Complex, which is found exclusively in the Alterna Caviar Clinical system.
The collection is recommended by our hair loss and thinning expert Dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman. “These products are extremely effective as the system is clinically proven to promote fuller, thicker, denser-looking hair,” says Dr. Jaliman.
She is internationally recognized for her research and work in clinical and cosmetic dermatology, and authored the chapter Skin and hair in the book “Women’s Health for Life.” If you are trying to decide if the system is right for you, she says, “All products in the Caviar Clinical System are specially formulated for people suffering from hair loss or thinning, and leave no build-up or residue on the scalp or hair if used as directed.”
How to get thick-quick:
Cleanse: Help reduce the levels of DHT, sebum and other residue from your scalp by cleansing with Alterna’s Caviar Clinical Daily Detoxifying Shampoo. It doesn’t have harmful chemicals like sulfates & parabens that further damage hair and irritate the scalp. What it does have is Red Clover Growth Complex, to help unclog hair follicles and promote instantly thicker hair.
Stimulate: Energize the scalp by using a leave in treatment like the Daily Root & Scalp Stimulator. It’s enriched with Vitamin B6 an ingredient known to help promote healthy blood flow to the scalp. Spray directly to the roots and massage in for a soothing mini scalp exercise to help improve hair’s strength and density from the inside out.
Reinforce: Boost the effectiveness of cleansing and stimulating with the Weekly Intensive Boosting Treatment. Apply directly to the scalp to deliver a turbo-dose of concentrated soy proteins and keratin to help reinforce hair’s natural structure.
All three of these strand-saving formulas are available in the Alterna Caviar Clinical Starter Kit. It’s so effective that 8 out of 10 people said their hair felt thicker and fuller, and would recommend this system to a friend with thinning hair or hair loss.
Now you can say bye-bye to thin, waify strands and embrace your restored thick and full bodied hair.
Summer season is upon us and the urge to wear those shorts and skirts is something all women look forward to, well most do. If you are like 60% of the US population, you probably have some areas on your body that cause you to keep those long pants and sleeves on to avoid embarrassment.
Whether your concern is spider or varicose veins on your legs, unsightly stretch marks or that embarrassing Dolphin tattoo on your back, we hear your cries! Many women feel immense shame and discomfort about their imperfections, to the point of hiding under layers of clothing. Fret (and sweat) no more, Dermablend Professional has got you covered with our Leg & Body Cover!
Leg & Body Cover utilizes high performance technology by depositing high purity pigments in a medium coverage body foundation. Leg & Body Cover will improve skin tone shades and texture to deliver a flawless look while staying in place for 16 hours of consistent color wear. What’s best of all is Leg & Body Cover feels natural and comfortable all day! Going to the beach? Not a problem! Simply use Dermablend’s Setting Powder to lock in the product, keeping it water and sweat resistant for 16 hours!
Depending on the area you’re covering, the application will vary. See tips below!
– Want to bare your legs without embarrassing spider veins or scars? Simply smooth Dermablend’s Leg & Body Cover on your legs for smooth and beautiful skin! Tip: When applying to the legs, use downward strokes (think opposite direction of shaving legs) as it will lay even and smoother on the skin providing flawless finish and SPF 15!
– Covering dark stretch marks? Apply Leg & Body Cover with a sponge and gently tap over the area to build coverage. Smooth the edges out and see your stretch marks disappear! Then follow with setting powder to keep it smudge proof, water resistant and in place for 16 hours!
– Want to cover your embarrassing tattoo? No problem! We have two options for you. For large tattoo’s use Dermablend’s Leg & Body Cover! Simply tap over the area with a sponge to build coverage, smooth edges with a foundation brush or fingertips. Let it dry for 5-8 minutes to ensure proper color (shade will deepen as it dries). Use a touch of Dermablend’s Setting Powder to lock in place for 16 hours, no smudging and you can even swim in it! Tip: Still seeing your tattoo peak through? Just add an additional layer of Leg & Body Cover and you will see it disappear!
For smaller, localized tattoos or areas that need coverage, try Dermablend’s NEW Quick-Fix Body! This new body foundation stick is ideal to conceal localized areas on the body. Simply tap Quick-Fix Body into the area needing coverage and smooth it out with fingertips or a brush. Simply use Dermablend’s Setting Powder to lock in the product, keeping it water and sweat resistant for 16 hours! Easy to use and travel with! Use it alone, or with Leg & Body Cover for ultimate coverage.
So go ahead, bare that skin with confidence! Dermablend has got you covered!
Need more proof? Just take a look at these amazing before and after pictures! You can find Dermablend on SkinStore.com.
Check out this video for a closer look on how amazing Dermablend is!
Meet the newest device NuFACE has added to their anti-aging powerhouse! NuFACE mini is a petite, portable and powerful microcurrent facial toning device that’s FDA-cleared for facial stimulation. This natural, non-invasive solution uses microcurrent, a soft wave technology to target the core of the aging-process in order to improve facial contour, skin tone and reduce wrinkles. NuFACE mini gently stimulates the larger surface areas of the face–such as the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline–to provide a five-minute facial-lift and help improve your appearance.
NuFACE mini is designed for the woman on-the-go with its convenient and travel-friendly size. It comes with a re-chargeable battery and compact power adapter. You only need 5 minutes a day to achieve visible results.
The price of the NuFACE mini is very affordable, which makes this a perfect starter solution for anyone looking for an introduction to microcurrent technology. The mini is for all skin types and anyone wanting a cutting-edge solution to help improve their overall appearance.
The NuFACE mini was built on the same microcurrent technology as the popular NuFACE Trinity Facial Trainer. However, the mini is more petite and portable. The mini delivers microcurrent only and does not offer various treatment attachment options like the NuFACE Trinity multi-solution device.
The NuFACE mini really is microcurrent technology made simple!
3 Easy Steps
1. PREP: Cleansed skin and apply the NuFACE Primer
2. LIFT: Glide the NuFACE mini over face as directed.
3. FINISH: Remove NuFACE primer with a damp cloth.
-NuFACE mini device
-2 oz Gel Primer
-External power adapter
-1-year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
You can find this amazing product on SkinStore.com!
Summer is here which means balancing work, vacations, and kids which can leave you looking and feeling exhausted. Wake up tired eyes with Juice Beauty’s Stem Cellular Instant Eye Lift! The perfect product to use day or night to rid yourself of dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines .
The Stem Cellular Instant Eye Lift is an easy to use, two step process that lifts, contours, plumps, and hydrates the under eye area in just 10 minutes. All you have to do is pour the Stem Cellular Activator Fluid on the pure marine algae Eye Mask and apply to the under eye area. Leave the Mask on for 10 minutes before removing. You’ll see instant results!
Here’s how it works:
-Algae delivers calcium ions to help rejuvenate skin.
-A blend of Vitamin C and fruit stem cells infused into organic resveratrol-rich grape seed base radically firms and helps prevent wrinkles.
-Increases cellular osmotic stimulation to improve skin hydration.
-Encourages cell renewal with concentrated algae biomatrix technology.
-Reduces the appearance of puffiness around eyes with organic cucumber, white tea, and arnica extracts.
-Brightens with Vitamin C
-Firms the delicate eye area and fights free radicals with a proprietary blend of apple, grape, and lemon fruit stem cells infused into a resveratrol-rich grape seed.
-Hydrates and refreshes with organic aloe and algae.
-Encourages supple skin texture with hyaluronic acid and chamomile.
Clinically Validated Results:
A Clinically Validated Study showed immediate visible results after one application:
80% marked plumping & smoothing of the skin
70% visible wrinkle reduction
85% revitalized feeling
60% increased skin hydration
27% reduction in wrinkle & line depth
So give yourself a 10 minute break. Great to use before Girls Night Out or that big meeting. Perfect for date night, an in-home spa day, or anywhere, anytime. It’s the anytime pick-me-up!
Want to see even more results? Pair the Instant Eye Lift with our Stem Cellular Eye Treatment for long lasting benefits. You can find these products on SkinStore.com!
Spring has officially arrived — it actually hit the 70° mark the other day! I was excited to finally wear a dress without stockings…until I realized how unprepared my skin was. Thanks to being totally bundled up all winter, my skin looked pasty, sallow, and dull.
Enter Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare. Their Alpha Beta Glow Pads are my go-to in the summer, but for now, I wanted something a little less pigment-packed and a little more gradual. The brand new Alpha Beta Glotion for Body fit the bill. NYC dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross created this lightweight, oil-free body moisturizer for his patients who wanted healthy, glowing skin that was also refreshed and hydrated. Not only does Glotion for Body provide natural, time-released color with Encapsulated DHA, but it provides anti-aging, exfoliating benefits with Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid. These two acids help resurface the skin for more youthful texture and tone while improving absorption of Hyaluronic Acid, locking in moisture. The formula even contains Caffeine, which is known to help firm and tone the appearance of skin. All these benefits combined will ensure skin perfectly prepared for warmer weather and higher hemlines.
Want a deeper sun-kissed glow? Layer Alpha Beta Glotion for Body over Alpha Beta Glow Pad for Body!
What do you plan on wearing this spring with your Alpha Beta Glotion for Body glow?
Spring is finally here! If you haven’t already, it’s time to start transitioning your skincare routine. If you find that it’s a challenge to select just the right regimen for your skin, you’re not alone. Skin can be very unpredictable — some days you’re more blemish-prone and oily, some days your skin is dry, and to top it all off, your skin has targeted zones that have their own issues (enlarged pores on the t-zone, rough cheeks, dull overall complexion).
Enter Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare™ Clinical Concentrate Boosters. These three water-free super serums — Radiance, Hydration, and Purifying — were formulated by the doctor with the goal of perfectly balanced skin in mind.
• Radiance: helps transform dull skin into a younger-looking, glowing, luminous complexion (featuring Linoleic, Pyruvic, Tartaric, and Glycolic Acids, Retinol, and Quercetin)
• Hydration: helps infuse and seal deep moisture for firmer, softer, smoother-looking skin (with Hyaluronic Chronospheres, Watermelon Extract, and Centella Asiatica)
• Purifying: helps tone and control excess oil; tightens pores for increased clarity (including Willow Bark Extract, Witch Hazel, Lactic Acid)
While you can use them like traditional serums and apply them directly to specific facial zones, the real magic happens when you start mixing your own custom cocktail. After all, if your skin has different needs, why would you treat it the same way every day? Each booster can be mixed into your favorite skincare and makeup products to take their benefits to the next level. That means any existing product you have — moisturizer, foundation, cleanser, anything! — can be totally transformed for your skin’s daily needs. What will you mix with your Clinical Concentrate Boosters?
You can find these amazing products on SkinStore.com!