We are proud to announce our latest giveaway! We have partnered with Dermelect for the Alpine Rose Stem Cell Set Giveaway. Now through May 16, you can enter to win 1 of 5 Dermelect Alpine Rose Stem Cell Sets. ($193 value)
To enter the giveaway, just click below and you’ll be taken to the entry pages!
Can’t get enough products with that fresh tingly feeling? Love products that contain mint, eucalyptus and citrus extracts? Does that cool enlivening tingle stimulate your senses and make you feel energized and clean? If yes, here are some of my favorite minty, refreshing products:
• Zirh Clean– An excellent stimulating cleanser with alpha hydroxy acids that leaves the skin feeling smooth and fresh (Love this one!) • Archipelago Botanicals Morning Mint Soap– A body bar with essential oils and stimulating mint extracts to cleanse the body without drying your skin.
• Jack Black Body Rehab- A 3-in-1 product that does triple-duty as an exfoliating scrub, tension reliever and body moisturizer. Perfect for use after workout or sports. (I highly recommend this one for tense muscles!) Be the first to provide a rating!
• Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Masque– An aromatic medicated masque with eucalyptus, sulfur and purified clay designed to exfoliate dead skin cells and inflamed acne.
Stimulate when you need to uplift and relax when you need to unwind with these wonderful products. Mint and eucalyptus products not only make you feel good but also make you smell great!
What are your favorite invigorating products that SkinStore sells? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook!
Just a few more days left to enter our Sundari Giveaway! Enter here. Event ends 4/25/11.
Daylight savings time has begun and that warmer weather is right around the corner. Now is the time to kick it into overdrive and shape up your body and skin. All of us could use a little more energy, burn a few more calories, detoxify our bodies and promote skin health from within.
Here are some great products SkinStore carries that can help you achieve these goals:
1. Murad Pure Skin Clarifying Dietary Supplement – Don’t let a bad complexion keep you from social activities. Reduce breakouts from the inside by 55% in six weeks with this scientifically proven complex. 2. Jan Marini C-ESTAMINS – Promote healthy skin, minimize the appearance of aging and sun damage and keep them guessing at your age. C-ESTAMINS are an advanced and comprehensive anti-aging nutritional supplement.
3. Rodial Crash Diet Smoothie – A tasty banana and strawberry flavored protein shake that replaces 1-2 meals meal a day. 70 calories per serving with 70% daily proteins. Reduce your caloric intake and shed some unwanted pounds!
4. Perricone MD Omega 3 Dietary Supplement – This is the one you’ve heard about and seen on numerous television shows! Dr. Nicholas Perricone, M.D. recommends a diet rich in Omega-3 to reduce inflammatory compounds, suppress appetite, boost metabolism and help burn stored fat!
5. Thalgo Ocea Perfect – Ocea Perfect contains ingredients including spirulina, marine magnesium, B6, organic sulfur all of which help promote nail and hair strength and vitality!
Please note: As with any internal supplement or weight loss product, always be sure consult your physician before starting any supplement or program!
What are your plans this season for promoting inner health and beauty with the aid of supplements from SkinStore.com? Let us know on our Facebook page!
Don’t forget to enter our Sundari Giveaway! Enter here. Event ends 4/25/11.
Men are getting savvier with their skin care. That means they’re paying attention to what they’re using on their skin… no more bar soap! Here are some suggestions on my personal favorite picks of skin care products to address men’s unique skin care and grooming needs!
ZIRH Clean– I can’t rave enough about this product. Less than a quarter size in the palm of my hand works to a thick rich lather, providing a deep tingling facial cleansing without over drying my skin!
SkinCeuticals Revitalizing Toner– Excellent to mist on your face and neck after cleansing to help balance your skin’s PH level without any alcohol to cause burning.
The Art of Shaving Cream Sandalwood– This luxurious shaving cream has the rich thick consistency of a whipped balm and provides superior protection against irritation and razor burn.
The Art of Shaving After Shave Balm– Soft smooth after shave balm that nourishes the skin with grape seed, shea extracts and Vitamin C. This product has a very mild fragrance and absorb quickly into your freshly shaven smooth skin!
5. Ole Henriksen Truth Revealed Super Crème– An excellent anti aging moisturizer with SPF 15 helps to brighten, lighten and tighten your skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Assists in firming your skin and promoting an overall healthy glow!
1. “Never pop a zit, it will cause a scar and get infected“ – FACT. By popping a zit you may end up forcing pus (thick yellow fluid) out of your pore. The problem is that this can cause a tear in the skin leaving you more susceptible to infection. The other risk is that while popping a zit you may end up forcing the fluid downward and inward, further spreading infection and causing more breakouts at a deeper level.
2.)“Don’t tweeze your eyebrows in the opposite direction”; it will cause your brows to grow back in the wrong direction” – FICTION. Eyebrow hairs should always be tweezed in the direction of the hair growth. Tweezing in the direction of the hair growth will maximize your results in removing not just the hair shaft but also the root! Tweezing against the direction of hair growth only lessens effectiveness.
3.) “Never shave your facial hair off; it will cause thicker hair to grow”– FICTION. Shaving facial gives the tip of the hair a more coarse prickly feeling especially when the hair grows back above the surface of the skin. Shaving however will NOT stimulate hair growth. If this was true, all balding men who shave their heads would suddenly have hair growth! Excess facial hair growth for women is usually related to a hormonal imbalance. While shaving may be quick and easy, stubble quickly returns and can leave that 5 O’Clock shadow. Instead consider waxing, cream depilatories, or laser removal.
4.) “Wearing make up causes bad skin” – Could be FACT, could be FICTION. Bad skin is not caused by wearing makeup. Skin issues such as wrinkles, scaling, redness, sun spotting, and overall poor skin condition are usually caused by environmental factors and lack of skin care regimen. However a combination of too much makeup and poor quality makeup can lead to clogged pores and break outs. Try to avoid liquid or cream foundations with mineral oil. Instead try mineral based or water-based foundations or foundations that say “non-comedogenic”.
5.)“Polishing your nails is bad for them and it will make them yellow” – FICTION. Applying polish and clear coat to your nails can help to strengthen your nails and prevent problems such as cracking, chipping or peeling. It is a good idea though from time to time to give your nails a break. Remove all base coats, polish and topcoats and give your nails a day or two to relax and breathe. Some polishes especially dark red polishes have a tendency to stain the top layers of the nail giving them a yellow appearance. While this can be frustrating it is easily remedied by removing all polish with an acetone based polish remover. Use a 3 way nail buffer to remove any surface ridges, smooth out the nail and then buff it back to a shine, follow with cuticle oil. Doing so should remove any of the yellow staining left behind by red polish. Try our SPARITUAL nail line- it’s vegan and free of chemicals!
Do you have any fact/fiction tips from mom? Do share! We’d love to know.
You could win a Perricone MD Cold Plasma! Enter our latest giveaway now! Enter here. Event ends on 4/4/2011.
Sporting green this St. Patrick’s Day doesn’t have to be limited to the usual green clothes, pins, nail polish, makeup etc. Think beyond the box and “Go Green” this March with some of SkinStore’s natural product lines.
With SkinStore “Natural” means the product meets our natural beauty standards with a high concentration of quality natural botanicals while keeping harsh chemicals to a minimum!
Here are some top suggestions on a few green products from our “Natural” brands:
We are so excited to announce our latest giveaway! We have partnered with Perricone MD to giveaway Perricone MD Cold Plasmas to five lucky winners. Cold Plasma is a revolutionary anti-aging product that addresses 10 visible signs of aging in one product. To enter the giveaway, just click below and you’ll be taken to the entry pages!
Years ago when ladies hair would begin to show signs of gray it meant running to the beauty parlor for a discrete coloring service. And years ago when gentlemen began sporting gray it was usually accompanied by balding and bad combovers. (Not the image most of us want to be remembered by!)
Those days are definitely gone! Bold male actors such as Sean Connery, Richard Gere, Pierce Brosnan and George Clooney set the trend early on by making that salt and pepper gray something dashing and debonair. More recently a newer era of actors beginning to sport the look include Eric Dane, Ben Affleck, Matt LeBlanc and even Brad Pitt!
Actresses Jamie Lee Curtis, Helen Mirren, Blythe Danner, celebrity chef Paula Dean and even singer Pink have all set the new standard for ladies. Silver is sassy and sexy instead of old and tired!
While some may have to make a visit to the hairstylist to get those seductive silver tones, others may have that touch of gray naturally. But how do you ensure your gray is well cared for and nice and silvery, instead of a dull yellowy gray?
We recommend the following hair care products to help highlight your white, silver or gray hair and provide shine and brilliance.
With the 83rd Academy Awards airing soon, we will see how fabulous the actors and actresses look as they walk down that glamorous red carpet. Most of them will have flawless, radiant skin that shows no signs of sun damage, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles or sagging skin. Not to mention luscious hair to die for!
Many of you have a special event coming up soon (spring weddings are right around the corner) and need to look fabulously youthful and radiant. How can you achieve all of this without going in for expensive chemical peels, microdermabrasion, injections or surgery?
Here are my “TOP PICKS” for products that will help you achieve a more youthful radiant appearance for your upcoming special event:
Yonka Lotion PS Toner– Helps to normalize PH Levels in your skin with botanical oil extracts that help to soothe and bind moisture to your skin.
Goldfaden Instant Face Lift– Apply 2-3 drops of this serum to your face to help tighten, smooth and lift skin for up to eight hours. It helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and has cumulative results, too.
Pevonia Timeless Cream– This moisturizer uses caviar extract, pearl, alpha lipoic acid, and retinol to repair and tighten the skin, relax and smooth wrinkles while providing superior hydration!
The best news of all is the above skin care products meet our natural beauty standards with a high concentration of quality natural botanicals while keeping harsh chemicals to a minimum!
I also recommend the following products to maximize your hair volume and shine: